The Official CarSPIN Bad Parking Hall of Shame.

Started by Madman, September 01, 2010, 11:10:05 AM

Morris Minor

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 08, 2023, 03:58:32 PM

I like it. I'm a base model fanboi.
So am I. It's a good measure of a manufacturer's goodness.
If the base model is cheap & cynical you know the rest of the lineup is surface level baubles built on sand.
If the base model is well designed & thoughtful, you're okay to fish higher up the food chain.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 08, 2023, 01:05:13 PM
I'd guess it's the nicest car that person has owned, therefore they parked like that to protect it.

For the first time in my life I care about door dings LOL.

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 08, 2023, 01:24:46 PM
I can see where people would not want their new vehicle dinged by some careless door opener, but they should choose a spot well away from the busy part of the lot. 

+1

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 08, 2023, 02:23:50 PM
Yup. I always park far away.  Not just for door ding avoidance, but it's just way less stressful. People do laps and waste time trying to find a close spot...or you could just park immediately farther away and walk an extra 100'. Makes leaving much easier, too.

My favorite is when I see someone circling to find the sweet spot and I just park in whatever's open, walk all the way to the door and they're still circling... :lol:
Will

FoMoJo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 09, 2023, 11:58:16 AM
My favorite is when I see someone circling to find the sweet spot and I just park in whatever's open, walk all the way to the door and they're still circling... :lol:
I must admit that, especially on days when my hip feels a bit fragile, that I will do a bit of circling to find the "closest" spot.  I notice here in this smallish town though, that people are careful when opening their car doors.  Even the old women.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 09, 2023, 11:58:16 AM

Yup.  My dad is sort of one of those people.  He's sort of an anxious driver to begin with, finding a parking spot ramps it up for him.  Always funny when I'm riding in the backseat with my parents to go to dinner or something and dad starts scoping out parking spots trying to find one nice and close while he drives right past easy-access open spots and starts the "hm, could park there...there's a spot..."  Eventually my mom will say something like "oh Michael just park the car." :lol:

Morris Minor

It used to kill me seeing people circling around the LA Fitness parking lot - cruising for a primo space close to the entrance.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

FoMoJo

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 09, 2023, 02:21:44 PM
It used to kill me seeing people circling around the LA Fitness parking lot - cruising for a primo space close to the entrance.

Wait till your hips give out.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 09, 2023, 02:29:53 PM

That is a legitimate reason, though.  For most people, it's like some sort of "game" to win to get the closest spot.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Morris Minor on April 09, 2023, 02:21:44 PM

:lol:
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 09, 2023, 02:29:53 PM

My hips give out, along with my knees, ankles, and back. I don't even park at the gym.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)