taxi duty

Started by Vinsanity, September 01, 2010, 11:30:49 AM

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on September 02, 2010, 01:30:10 AM
Fuck yeah!

Actually I would pick the Toyota Prius.

Depending on the passenger room difference between that and the Insight, I'd go for one of them as well.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22937.msg1389018#msg1389018 date=1283451569
Depending on the passenger room difference between that and the Insight, I'd go for one of them as well.

I don't think the customers would like it much when the gas pedal got stuck.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22937.msg1389018#msg1389018 date=1283451569

The Insight is a subcompact, and the Prius was at one point a Midsize (barely).

MaxPower

They've started using Fusion Hybrids for taxis in my city. But if I had to pick, I'd choose a cheap minivan.

93JC

Oh! Oh! I know what would make the best taxi.

E38 BMW 7-series!

[/ChrisV]

3.0L V6

A Toyota Camry Hybrid for densely packed cities, a Chevy Impala for smaller, spread out communities.

68_427

Next gen Mazda 6 w/ 2.2L diesel Sky-G thing.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

93JC

SKY-D is the diesel, yo. SKY-G is (you guessed it) the gasoline.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Atomic

Quote from: Northlands on September 02, 2010, 11:09:09 AM
+1. Cheap and lots of room.

I guess you and I will be the only ones taking on airport customers that total more than 2 people.

mighty nice. i think the grand caravan and t&c have an excellent ride and reasonable price. roomy? for certain! i have rented a few and have always been impressed.

Atomic

Quote from: SVT_Power on September 02, 2010, 01:42:07 AM
Cougs?

no "dx" for a couple of years now. honda moved the accord upscale starting with the base "lx". quite a bargain!

the Teuton

Our "Classy" taxi service has long wheelbase Fusions. That'd be kinda cool if they could get them in hybrid form. They look like a Pullman sort of. I'll take a pic of one sometime.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

Quote from: the Teuton on September 02, 2010, 10:55:26 PM
Our "Classy" taxi service has long wheelbase Fusions. That'd be kinda cool if they could get them in hybrid form. They look like a Pullman sort of. I'll take a pic of one sometime.

that seems like an interesting idea, but wouldn't it be cheaper to just use new Tauruses?

the Teuton

Quote from: Vinsanity on September 02, 2010, 11:40:37 PM
that seems like an interesting idea, but wouldn't it be cheaper to just use new Tauruses?

That's what I thought...but I guess not...
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on September 02, 2010, 10:55:26 PM

LWB fusions? Pix
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Atomic

Quote from: SVT_Power on September 03, 2010, 12:47:18 AM
LWB fusions? Pix

there is a company producing hybrid fusions for fleet usage that is said to be converting over to the lincoln mkz hybrid this fall to "replace" the call lincoln town car limos. the article i recall reading (ny times, maybe) mentioned the company's thinking that the demand for the lincoln version will be greater than that of the fusion hybrid "L".

Vinsanity

Quote from: Atomic on September 03, 2010, 05:02:28 AM
there is a company producing hybrid fusions for fleet usage that is said to be converting over to the lincoln mkz hybrid this fall to "replace" the call lincoln town car limos. the article i recall reading (ny times, maybe) mentioned the company's thinking that the demand for the lincoln version will be greater than that of the fusion hybrid "L".

well, a LWB MKZ hybrid would make pretty good sense to replace the Town Car, which would then lead to the possibility of a cheaper LWB Fusion (either hybrid or conventional ICE) for more pedestrian taxis.

Atomic

Quote from: Vinsanity on September 03, 2010, 10:46:03 AM
well, a LWB MKZ hybrid would make pretty good sense to replace the Town Car, which would then lead to the possibility of a cheaper LWB Fusion (either hybrid or conventional ICE) for more pedestrian taxis.

i am wondering if marketing is the issue for the very low demand for the lwb fusion and fusion hybrid. will try to locate that interesting article i read a few months ago. i think the price for the modified fusion hybrid starts at $40,000.00 - far less than a lincoln town, but costly, i think for a ford. the mkz should be more "attractive" as a limo, but your thinking of an "L" hybrid fusion for taxi use makes good sense. still, more leg room does not address the need for increased roominess in all other directions. i wonder how much the soon to be discontinued crown victoria cabs go for compared to a non-hybrid lwb fusion - comparing "apples to apples", as there are no hybrid crown vics, obviously.

the Teuton

Quote from: SVT_Power on September 03, 2010, 12:47:18 AM
LWB fusions? Pix

I'll take a pic when I see one. I wasn't really on campus too much today.

Rich

google is your friend.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

SVT_Power

Yeah I looked it up earlier today. I thought Ford was making them as a limited fleet thing, didn't know it's actually a 3rd party company
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Atomic

the lwb fusion? not too bad for taxi use. would make a shabby limo to an elitist, though. lol! the mkx should look good when the '11 is said to be a substitute for the aged town car within some circles. yet, the chrysler 300/300c's far roomier all around.

the Teuton

Atomic

the b-pillar looks odd, but not bad aside from this.

MX793

Exactly how stretched is it?  2 inches or so?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

I just want to brag here for a moment.  :rockon:

1/30 @ f3.5 and ISO 6400!!!

:praise:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Atomic

^ no one is bragging about "two inches", though! well, except it is an additional 2" that might warrant boasting rights  :lol:!

rohan

Audi Q7 diesel would be an excellent cab- or maybe a full active Town and Country hybrid.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle