MazdaSpeed6 ?

Started by TBR, September 05, 2005, 11:26:39 AM

Raza

QuoteI know, but it won't change, on a permanent basis anyway. We will sell the Durango very shortly, but once the new house gets built (we have practically chosen a contracter, now we are just waiting on a revised bid) my dad will have a much longer commute so he will likely get a 4wd Crewcab midsize truck, as the F-250 gets bad gas mileage, is uncomfortable, and is really too big for any offroading.
What does your dad do that he needs a pickup truck?  In any case, I've some experience with contractors.  Bastards...make sure he's licensed and what not.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

First, he just likes driving trucks. Second, try hauling a tractor with a Civic ;). Third, try offroading in that same Civic (for a double whammy: try towing the tractor and offroading :lol:).  Fourth, at least the midsizer will likely have a stick. Fifth, this guy has a great reputation: he usually gets houses up in less than a quarter of the time other contracters in this area do (60-90 days, though he will take 4 months for our "complex") and does good quality work.

Raza

QuoteFirst, he just likes driving trucks. Second, try hauling a tractor with a Civic ;). Third, try offroading in that same Civic (for a double whammy: try towing the tractor and offroading :lol:).  Fourth, at least the midsizer will likely have a stick. Fifth, this guy has a great reputation: he usually gets houses up in less than a quarter of the time other contracters in this area do (60-90 days, though he will take 4 months for our "complex") and does good quality work.
Well, he's passed my test.  The contractor and your dad, that is.  

B)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

I can't wait for the house to get started, but once we officially make the decision we will still have to close on the loan which will take 30+ days IIRC. Next spring I will be living in my own, private guest house.... (okay, so I will have to put up with my brother for another 6 months, but he will be off to college soon enough)

Raza

QuoteI can't wait for the house to get started, but once we officially make the decision we will still have to close on the loan which will take 30+ days IIRC. Next spring I will be living in my own, private guest house.... (okay, so I will have to put up with my brother for another 6 months, but he will be off to college soon enough)
That sounds sweet.  You'll be like Ryan on The O.C.!

:P
Seriously though, it's a good show.

Good luck with all the house stuff.  Post pics like the Cat did!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i