MazdaSpeed6 ?

Started by TBR, September 05, 2005, 11:26:39 AM

Raghavan

mazda6er

QuoteOh, shaddap you two.
Hey, I was being nice about it.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

only a little

giant_mtb

only a little
It's hard to be nice about something that was as ignorant as what you said...

Raghavan

only a little
FWD sucks though. it's true.

giant_mtb

only a little
Thanks for proving my point...

Raghavan

only a little
No problem. Anytime man. ;)  :lol:  

giant_mtb

only a little
So you admit to your vast amount of ignorance?

Raghavan

only a little
It's my opinion. I don't think i'm being ignorant.

giant_mtb

only a little
How can you say a car is a POS based upon the fact that it is FWD?  That's what is so ignorant...you have no experience whatsoever with the car, yet you call it a POS.

Do you not know what being ignorant means?

TBR

Thinking that every car should be RWD is incredibly ignorant.

Raghavan

only a little
How can you say a car is a POS based upon the fact that it is FWD?  That's what is so ignorant...you have no experience whatsoever with the car, yet you call it a POS.

Do you not know what being ignorant means?
I was joking when i called his car a POS. ;)
But yes, i have a general dislike for FWD cars, with some exceptions. I don't see any advantage to FWD.

giant_mtb

Ignorant: Adjective
1. Lacking education or knowledge. 2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake. 3. Unaware or uninformed.

You.  Are.  Ignorant.

Raghavan

QuoteIgnorant: Adjective
1. Lacking education or knowledge. 2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake. 3. Unaware or uninformed.

You.  Are.  Ignorant.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :rolleyes:
I know TONS of people who DESPISE FWD. Are they ignorant as well?

giant_mtb

You.  Are.  Ignorant.
But you're saying that FWD sucks based on very little experience.  

Raghavan

You.? Are.? Ignorant.
Well, i drive an FWD car very often, and i've driven lots of FWD cars too. They can't even match the RWD cars i've driven, so too bad, i don't like FWD.

TBR

Do they despise FWD when it is used on cars that don't have any aspirations of being sporty or are simply too small for RWD? I would hope not.

giant_mtb

You.  Are.  Ignorant.
Well, i drive an FWD car very often, and i've driven lots of FWD cars too. They can't even match the RWD cars i've driven, so too bad, i don't like FWD.
What cars have you driven, and how many.

Raghavan

QuoteDo they despise FWD when it is used on cars that don't have any aspirations of being sporty or are simply too small for RWD? I would hope not.
One guy said he had a corolla and said that every day, he'd curse himself for buying it.

TBR

i am guessing that it wasn't just because it was FWD, RWD wouldn't make a Corolla more fun.

Raghavan

You.? Are.? Ignorant.
What cars have you driven, and how many.
Let's see, i've driven countless corollas (popular at school), the Accord, and an Integra GS-R (only FWD car i like), a Jetta, and a riced out SHO.
Those don't come close (cept the GS-R) to the RWD cars i've driven (Corolla GT-S, RX-8, MR-2)

Raghavan

Quotei am guessing that it wasn't just because it was FWD, RWD wouldn't make a Corolla more fun.
yeah it would.

TBR

So, basically you like the way the only good handling FWD car you have driven drives? :rolleyes:

giant_mtb

Exactly my point...re-read the definition of ignorant.

Ignorant: Adjective

Raghavan

QuoteSo, basically you like the way the only good handling FWD car you have driven drives? :rolleyes:
Yeah, i like the GS-R. I like everything about it except that it's FWD, so i'm willing to over look that it's FWD.

TBR

Quotei am guessing that it wasn't just because it was FWD, RWD wouldn't make a Corolla more fun.
yeah it would.
No it wouldn't, it would still be very slow (actually, slower, RWD drivetrains are less efficent), have numb steering, and a soft suspension set-up. A FWD Mini Cooper S will run circles around almost all RWD cars and be more fun to drive in the process.

giant_mtb

QuoteSo, basically you like the way the only good handling FWD car you have driven drives? :rolleyes:
Yeah, i like the GS-R. I like everything about it except that it's FWD, so i'm willing to over look that it's FWD.
You don't make any sense.  You're pointless.

Raghavan

I would also call a SHO a good handling car too, but it was a bit too big.

MX793

For small cars, the packaging advantages of FWD cannot be overlooked.  The center tunnel can be minimized, which makes rear seating more comfortable for 3 across.  Try sitting three abreast in a BMW 3 series and then compare it to a Honda Civic or other FWD compact sedan.  Or try sitting 3 in the back of a Lincoln LS and then compare that to a FWD midsize.  For people haulers, FWD makes a lot of sense.

FWD is also more stable (too stable, IMO) and provides much better traction in the snow.  Having done almost all of my winter driving in a RWD car, I never thought of RWD as being that terrible in the snow despite many people I know stating that RWD is practically undriveable in the winter.  Then I got a FWD and the traction difference is very apparent.  I understand now why people who learn to drive in the snow in a FWD vehicle are so afraid of RWD in the snow.  Going from a vehicle that wants above all else to continue in a straight line when too much throttle is applied to a vehicle that is more than happy to swap ends under a heavy right foot is pretty intimidating.  Though IMO, the lower stability of RWD makes it fun in the snow.  I miss driving around with the tail hung out and rooster tails streaming from my rear wheels.  Though it is nice to be able to scramble up hills without the thought of "what if I can't make it" crossing my mind.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raghavan

You don't make any sense.  You're pointless.
How does that not make sense? I like it's looks, it's engine, its handling, its practicality, that i'm willing to overlook it's FWD. But they like to be stolen. :angry: Especially where i live.