The Official MX-5 Miata Thread

Started by Onslaught, September 09, 2010, 01:35:50 PM

Eye of the Tiger

So, one 86 for one meat market. That's probably a good deal.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MX793

Quote from: Rich on June 19, 2019, 08:10:01 PM
I did a thing

So you now have 2 Miatas?  Or did you sell the NB?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Rich

I have two for a while. My wife said it would be ok to keep the old one but the whole reason I did this was time management. Taking care of two cars, one 20 years old, was taking away from work, wife, and life.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

MrH

Lol, two vehicles.  Both miatas.  Beautiful.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Xer0

White looks so good on the ND, especially with the black wheels.  This is the new, 181hp car right?  Either way, congrats!

FoMoJo

Quote from: Rich on June 20, 2019, 09:26:14 AM
I have two for a while. My wife said it would be ok to keep the old one but the whole reason I did this was time management. Taking care of two cars, one 20 years old, was taking away from work, wife, and life.
So, no meat market. :lol:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Onslaught

bah weep granah weep nini bon

Payman

Did you actually go pick up a steak, and realize "hey, if I park smack dap in the middle of this here meat store parking lot, it would make a great pic to show off mah new car"? Couldn't find a nice park or roadside overlook?

giant_mtb

Quote from: Rockraven on June 22, 2019, 09:17:06 AM
Did you actually go pick up a steak, and realize "hey, if I park smack dap in the middle of this here meat store parking lot, it would make a great pic to show off mah new car"? Couldn't find a nice park or roadside overlook?

We have a local FB page called "Asshole parking and shitty drivers of Marquette County"...this would have shown up on the page for sure. :lol:

MrH

Guys...his last name is Tucker :facepalm:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MX793

Quote from: MrH on June 22, 2019, 10:53:23 AM
Guys...his last name is Tucker :facepalm:

so that excuses a shitty parking job?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

Nice. Can I get a sweet discount on some meat?

Laconian

Miata drivers love a good sausage.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Payman

Rich

Re: Tucker's Meat Market

If I was single I'd use it as a pick up line for the ladies.  I was driving by just after I bought the car and thought it was funny so I snapped a picture

Laconian

Quote from: Rich on June 22, 2019, 02:16:42 PM

If I was single I'd use it as a pick up line for the ladies.  I was driving by just after I bought the car and thought it was funny so I snapped a picture

You don't need an excuse to take pictures of a new ride.

Rich

Laconian

So how would you compare the drive to the FreezeBreeze's?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on June 22, 2019, 02:42:00 PM
So how would you compare the drive to the FreezeBreeze's?

Probably doesn't smell as fresh.

Eye of the Tiger

FoMoJo

Quote from: Rich on June 22, 2019, 02:16:42 PM

If I was single I'd use it as a pick up line for the ladies.  I was driving by just after I bought the car and thought it was funny so I snapped a picture.
I've never been a big Miata fan, but with the black chrome wheels, matching mirrors and white paint, yours looks great. :ohyeah:

What year is it?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Rich

It's a 2019 Club.

It drives great, feels a lot more German than the old Miata or the 86. I really enjoyed the 86's engine, it had character and pulled like a chainsaw. The new Miata's is really composed and smooth but still fun.  Neither cars' steering is as good as the NB's.  The NBs just feels more natural on center and just off center on a two lane highway, and seemed to take a lot less concentration to follow the road on a leisurely drive. 

But dear god the ND2 has so much more natural throttle software than the 86's.  The 86 gives you 90% throttle at tip in it seemed, this one is still like the NB thank the Jesus.  The clutch is better too, but seems more grabby than the NB's, maybe that will feel more natural in time.  The NB seems to have more room between the head/shoulders and the windshield surround too.  The rear bulkhead seems to allow for less seat recline, so it feels a bit more claustrophobic.  There's some more footroom for pedal dancing in the ND. 

But man, I love driving the car.  It's so nice to have LED headlights (not on the NB), carplay (on neither car), heated seats (on neither), a good stereo (not on the 86), natural throttle/clutch (not on the 86), keyless entry (on neither) rolled up into one car I can put the roof down on.

Laconian

I just installed Android Auto on my car via a firmware hack (https://mazdatweaks.com/). Pretty neat!

AutobahnSHO

Ha I missed this thread... Nice!!!!!!
Will

HurricaneSteve

Sometimes I wish I had gotten a Club or Grand Touring model for the screen but at the time I wanted a bare bones sports car. Either way, congrats on the new car to Rich!

Quote from: Laconian on June 22, 2019, 03:45:30 PM
I just installed Android Auto on my car via a firmware hack (https://mazdatweaks.com/). Pretty neat!

AutobahnSHO

So I bought Rich's NB ( great price!)

Flew out of MD to GA to drive it back to VA. Then ran out of gas... Lol only the second time in my life, the other was also in Georgia, in 2001. Waiting for roadside assistance cuz I'm 30 miles from anywhere. The car rocks! So primitive and fun. We're going to have lots of adventures lol
Will

BimmerM3

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 05, 2019, 02:42:20 PM
So I bought Rich's NB ( great price!)

Flew out of MD to GA to drive it back to VA. Then ran out of gas... Lol only the second time in my life, the other was also in Georgia, in 2001. Waiting for roadside assistance cuz I'm 30 miles from anywhere. The car rocks! So primitive and fun. We're going to have lots of adventures lol

:rockon:

Even better knowing that it's from a good owner. :ohyeah:

MrH

Hahaha That's awesome. I had no idea you were buying his.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

AutobahnSHO

Lol I didn't want to get sniped so I kept it quiet
Will