***A small BMW 118i photoshoot***

Started by cawimmer430, October 01, 2010, 04:07:57 PM

cawimmer430

Since the shooting with Elena and her boyfriends VW Golf GTI was canceled, I used the time to do some location scouting around Munich. I discovered this "abandoned parking lot" which was perfect with its shrub overgrowth and cracked concrete. I'm amazed the government didn't tear it down yet! Holy shit!  :thumbsup:

It actually rained today but this section of the city just had a slight overcast and was relatively dry. A handful of the shots are HDR, but since the overcast and light were perfect for my needs, most pictures are actually normal photos created and edited out of RAW files. I had the car washed this morning and already it's dirty again. The crap weather and the fact that it's of a dark metallic color means you can see every spot - which has to be "washed" in Photoshop (and that takes time if you do it properly or remove every single stain etc.).

Oh, and my website is almost ready. There's a "construction" page viewable under www.wimmerfotografie.de. The actual page should be up in two weeks but it'll be all in German since I doubt I'll have English-speaking clients around here (for now). I'm working on it in my spare time when I am not working on photos or school work.  :cheers:

Enjoy.  :cheers:

And here are some from a few days ago.  :cheers:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

goldenlover1101

Amazing pictures, you have some serious talent my friend.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

BimmerM3

Ah, too bad we don't get the wagon here. It'd be fantastic garage counterpart to a Miata or similar vehicle.

BTW, thanks for the ride in that car. :ohyeah:

TurboDan

Beautiful!!  I love hatches and would trade in my Passat for one today if I could. I loved my recent trip to Europe driving around in a SEAT Altea for a week. I can't imagine how fun it would've been in a 118i. Ahhhh fond reminders of my former Saab hatch.  :(

Was this shot with the D90? I gotta get some car pics with my D40! I shot a bunch of pics of an SL-Class in Ireland with that camera and they came out just amazing. As everyone has known since 2003 when I joined the C&D forums, the SL is my absolutely favorite car in the world and I do not believe anything is more beautiful, regardless of generation!

cawimmer430

Quote from: goldenlover1101 on October 01, 2010, 06:10:26 PM
Amazing pictures, you have some serious talent my friend.

Thanks.  :cheers:

But remember, I am no professional. I like to think of myself as a beginner on a semi-professional level. I'm seriously thinking of investing in a portable lighting systems. Those things would be especially useful for those dark warehouse environments, especially during the late afternoons. I met a professional photographer who has offered me access to his studio (he does portraits), his Nikkor lenses and even his portable lighting systems. He's even American and lives and works in Munich. I better make use of that generosity (in a good way).  :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 01, 2010, 07:26:22 PM
Ah, too bad we don't get the wagon here. It'd be fantastic garage counterpart to a Miata or similar vehicle.

I think the 1-Series is a great car for the city and small trips outside of the urban environment. Finding a parking space in Munich is tough enough, but with a relatively small car like the 1er 5-Door it's made easier. It's not that great as a long-distance traveler though and the standard seats are rather thin and uncomfortable after about an hour of driving. I have two thick pillows with me at all times to help ease the long journeys. Leg space in the rear, as you've experienced while riding with me, isn't that great either, especially with a tall guy like me sitting in front and having to push the seat quite far back.

What I really like about the car is the large trunk - and the fact that I can fit into the trunk and photograph cars trailing us. I plan to do this sometime but I need a buddy to come along to drive the car at around 30-40 km/h while I'm in the trunk, trunk lid high open, photographing the cars trailing us. I planned on doing this with a Viper vs Viper vs Viper photoshoot that was sadly canceled due to shitty weather. Damn, the weather has been messing things up for me big time!

There's a classic car show outside of Munich tomorrow and I do plan on recruiting more customers.  :praise:

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 01, 2010, 07:26:22 PMBTW, thanks for the ride in that car. :ohyeah:

Anytime. It was great meeting up with you and your buddies in Stuttgart.  :rockon:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: TurboDan on October 01, 2010, 11:48:44 PM
Beautiful!!  I love hatches and would trade in my Passat for one today if I could. I loved my recent trip to Europe driving around in a SEAT Altea for a week. I can't imagine how fun it would've been in a 118i. Ahhhh fond reminders of my former Saab hatch.  :(

Thanks.  :cheers:

Yep, these little cars are fun in their own way. I enjoy driving the 118i in the city. It's far more nimble here than the E320 or 500SL (and parking is much easier since the parking spaces here are SMALL as hell).

Quote from: TurboDan on October 01, 2010, 11:48:44 PMWas this shot with the D90? I gotta get some car pics with my D40! I shot a bunch of pics of an SL-Class in Ireland with that camera and they came out just amazing. As everyone has known since 2003 when I joined the C&D forums, the SL is my absolutely favorite car in the world and I do not believe anything is more beautiful, regardless of generation!

Yep, these were shot with the D90. I do have my D40 along with me at these shootings at all times because it's still a great camera. I also use the D40 as a "backup" in case I run out of battery power (liveview mode in the D90 just consumes battery power like crazy!!!) or disk space (I have a 4 GB and 8 GB card though for the D90). Use the D40 properly and you can take awesome pictures with it. I still use the D40 and love it. It's a bit slower than the D90 but it's also more compact and lighter and I find the sensor of the D40 takes slightly more "vivid" images than the one in the D90. I think you need to hook up with a couple of lenses because that's the real secret to getting good images.  :cheers:

Post those SL shots! I'd love to see them for inspirational purposes! I like being inspired by anyone with a camera.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

Some nice shots there, as ever.......... of all the car colours available, brown is among the most challenging for the photographer! (actaully, some of the shades of brown on recent cars are challenging for anyone, let's be honest!). 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on October 03, 2010, 06:52:15 AM
Some nice shots there, as ever.......... of all the car colours available, brown is among the most challenging for the photographer! (actaully, some of the shades of brown on recent cars are challenging for anyone, let's be honest!). 

Thanks.  :ohyeah:

Yeah, the color sucks!  :lol: I tried persuading my sister to get something exciting like red or white...but she wanted Havana Gray.  :facepalm:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Mustangfan2003

What's a Benz guy doing with a BMW anyway?

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 06, 2010, 10:31:32 AM
What's a Benz guy doing with a BMW anyway?

Trying to pick up chicks with a car that handles so well! Duh!  :thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de