WDDH75 Durango Crew
WDDL75 Durango Express
WDDM75 Durango Heat
WDDP75 Durango Boulevard (Citadel) 4x2
WDDS75 Durango R/T

Read more at http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/dodge/durango-2012.html?kcplink=1

Source: Allpar, September 7, 2011

Atomic

i really like the sharp, yet not overly done interior... and also the rugged exterior. a nice fit, inside and out. more of a departure from the equally appealing, but more luxurious jeep grand cherokee. a far cry between the 2009 dodge durango and chrysler aspen limited and incredibly more stunning than either dodge or chrysler suv. extremely impressed with the new jeep and upcoming dodge durango for '11.

omicron

Much better. I'd have to debadge my Durango, though, if those awful model names come to fruition.

MX793

Dodge needs to stop throwing darts and a wall full of random nouns when they're trying to come up with their trim level names.  Although I guess it keeps things interesting.  Let me take a stab at the new trims for the new Charger...

Charger Collect
Charger Toast
Charger Suspenders
Charger Cloud
and, of course, the Charger R/T
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

omicron

Atomic

the only thing i could say in favor of the dodge models' names is that they are not as confusing as those on caddy's and nearly every lincoln. yikes  :cry:!

MX793

Quote from: Atomic on October 09, 2010, 07:17:22 AM
the only thing i could say in favor of the dodge models' names is that they are not as confusing as those on caddy's and nearly every lincoln. yikes  :cry:!

The name isn't the problem, it's the ridiculous trim levels.  At least pick a trim level name that makes some sense.  Names like "Premium", "Deluxe", or "Sport" make some sense.  They tell you a little bit about what one trim might feature over another (i.e. a "Sport" trim is sportier than other models).  What the heck does "Heat" mean?  Does the heater work better than on the other trims of the Durango?  What about "Crew"?  That implies that it seats more people than other trims, which I doubt is true.  If you're going to use nonsensical trim level designations, use letters like Ford (where you have "S", "SE" and "SEL") or Honda ("DX", "EX", "LX", "EX-L").  When people see words, they expect them to mean something.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Atomic

Quote from: MX793 on October 09, 2010, 08:07:01 AM
The name isn't the problem, it's the ridiculous trim levels.  At least pick a trim level name that makes some sense.  Names like "Premium", "Deluxe", or "Sport" make some sense.  They tell you a little bit about what one trim might feature over another (i.e. a "Sport" trim is sportier than other models).  What the heck does "Heat" mean?  Does the heater work better than on the other trims of the Durango?  What about "Crew"?  That implies that it seats more people than other trims, which I doubt is true.  If you're going to use nonsensical trim level designations, use letters like Ford (where you have "S", "SE" and "SEL") or Honda ("DX", "EX", "LX", "EX-L").  When people see words, they expect them to mean something.
i agree with you about those crazy names. i think chrysler's 2010 line-up is great, though: "LX" (for luxury), "Signature" (on 300, replacing LX), "Touring" and "Limited" (loaded/fewer options), but think they, too, may change to something more confusing. hope not!

2o6

Quote from: MX793 on October 09, 2010, 06:48:17 AM
Dodge needs to stop throwing darts and a wall full of random nouns when they're trying to come up with their trim level names.  Although I guess it keeps things interesting.  Let me take a stab at the new trims for the new Charger...

Charger Collect
Charger Toast
Charger Suspenders
Charger Cloud

I dunno, having actual trim names instead of the traditional SE, Limited, ect, is very European.

Atomic

Quote from: 2o6 on October 09, 2010, 10:50:00 AM

I dunno, having actual trim names instead of the traditional SE, Limited, ect, is very European.
perhaps the italian influence.

the Teuton

I'm surprised they don't have a Bub Rubb edition with 22" wheels and whistle tips.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Atomic

Quote from: the Teuton on October 09, 2010, 11:39:33 AM
I'm surprised they don't have a Bub Rubb edition with 22" wheels and whistle tips.
just think of the possibilities of blinging-out these new wheels, along with a menacing-faced new charger with front and rear led lights, a fierce gangsta 300c and a slew of chrysler-jeep-dodge srt-8 models to feature on "MTV", VH1 and BET music-video stations and in pimp'n car and truck mags. the possibilities are endless  :rolleyes:!

Laconian

Quote from: MX793 on October 09, 2010, 06:48:17 AM

Charger Collect
Charger Toast
Charger Suspenders
Charger Cloud
Agreed, there's no easily identifiable ranking of the trim packages. Honda's DX, LX, EX is applied uniformly across all models and is easy to remember. I doubt these arbitrary trim names will be used for anything other than the Durango; nobody is going to bother spending the brain cells for committing them to memory.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MX793

Quote from: Laconian on October 09, 2010, 12:59:05 PM
Agreed, there's no easily identifiable ranking of the trim packages. Honda's DX, LX, EX is applied uniformly across all models and is easy to remember. I doubt these arbitrary trim names will be used for anything other than the Durango; nobody is going to bother spending the brain cells for committing them to memory.

Well, they're not totally unique to the Durango.  "Heat" and "Express" are trim levels on other Dodge vehicles currently.  But there isn't a great deal of consistency as far as what trims are on what vehicles and even on the order at which those trims are arranged.

According to the linked article, the trims for the new Durango, in ascending order are:
Express
Crew
Heat (my assumption, it might sit below Crew)
R/T
Citadel/Boulevard

The Caliber uses the "Express" and "Heat" trim nomenclature as well, and it positions the Express as the base trim and the Heat as the next tier up.  It also features 3 other trims (Mainstreet, Rush and Uptown) that are unique to the Caliber model.

The Avenger uses the "Express" trim, but on that car it's not the base trim, it's the middle trim (between SXT and R/T).

And the Nitro doesn't use the "Express" trim, but does use "Heat" as its base trim level (with Detonator and Shock as its two higher tiers).
Needs more Jiggawatts

Atomic

Quote from: MX793 on October 09, 2010, 01:36:03 PM
Well, they're not totally unique to the Durango.  "Heat" and "Express" are trim levels on other Dodge vehicles currently.  But there isn't a great deal of consistency as far as what trims are on what vehicles and even on the order at which those trims are arranged.

According to the linked article, the trims for the new Durango, in ascending order are:
Express
Crew
Heat (my assumption, it might sit below Crew)
R/T
Citadel/Boulevard

The Caliber uses the "Express" and "Heat" trim nomenclature as well, and it positions the Express as the base trim and the Heat as the next tier up.  It also features 3 other trims (Mainstreet, Rush and Uptown) that are unique to the Caliber model.

The Avenger uses the "Express" trim, but on that car it's not the base trim, it's the middle trim (between SXT and R/T).

And the Nitro doesn't use the "Express" trim, but does use "Heat" as its base trim level (with Detonator and Shock as its two higher tiers).
man, it gets confusing. the names are not bad (i.e., heat, express), but as you mentioned, it is only a guess what the names are matched up to. buick's use of "CX" (base), CXL (luxury) and CXS (sport) is pretty easy to understand.

hounddog

Quote from: Atomic on October 07, 2010, 07:57:31 PM
100% better!

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2010/10/durango-interior-tease-posted
I fail to see where it is any better than what I have.   :huh:

It is a little more car-like, however, the ones like mine were never meant to be car-like since they were built on a truck frame, albiet a smaller one.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

sparkplug

Quote from: hounddog on October 10, 2010, 04:45:55 PM
I fail to see where it is any better than what I have.   :huh:

It is a little more car-like, however, the ones like mine were never meant to be car-like since they were built on a truck frame, albiet a smaller one.

If the same way. I like the old Exploder.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

68_427

The Durango doesn't lose any truck like capabilities like the Explorer did.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

Well, yes it does.

Lower towing capacity by nearly 1,500 lbs.

Plus, being smaller it will probably have lower ground clearance.

Lastly, this vehicle will have an AWD only drivetrain as far as I have been able to see.  No 4x4 settings.  At least, none that I can find anywhere.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on October 12, 2010, 06:56:22 AM
Well, yes it does.

Lower towing capacity by nearly 1,500 lbs.

Plus, being smaller it will probably have lower ground clearance.

Lastly, this vehicle will have an AWD only drivetrain as far as I have been able to see.  No 4x4 settings.  At least, none that I can find anywhere.

I believe AWD is the standard setup, but 4x4 is available.  It might have lower ground clearance, but with a shorter, narrower wheelbase and shorter front and rear overhangs, it's probably better off-road.

68_427

I thought the GC was rated to tow 7000+lbs? 
'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

Quote from: SVT666 on October 12, 2010, 02:00:09 PM
I believe AWD is the standard setup, but 4x4 is available.  It might have lower ground clearance, but with a shorter, narrower wheelbase and shorter front and rear overhangs, it's probably better off-road.
Possibly, in the way a Jeep is good with a short wheel base.  It will certainly be interesting to see what the drive actually is.

I can only find reports of AWD.

Quote from: 68_427 on October 12, 2010, 03:04:01 PM
I thought the GC was rated to tow 7000+lbs? 
It is.

Mine is rated at 8,400 with the 3.92 gear ratio.

(It could have been 8,900 I honestly can no longer recall)

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

68_427

Ah, I thought it was in the 7's like the Dakota.  I honestly would not want to be towing anything over 7000lbs with one anyways.
'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

I was wrong; 8950.

The Dakota did not get the 5.7 as I remember it, so it would have been lower.

You have to read down a ways to see it.  I will try to find another source (like Dodge).

http://www.autospectator.com/cars/models/0033852-2008-dodge-durango
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

68_427

Don't worry I believe you.  I just could not see myself towing that much with the Durango.
'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

I tow well over 11,000 pounds with mine, and nary a problem.

Of course, I go obnoxiously slow and am exceedingly careful.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke