US Cop gives a German Tourist a Hard Time

Started by cawimmer430, October 13, 2010, 04:48:53 AM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

Galaxy

You can tell from their voice that they were like "Shit, I hope he does not find the camera."

It looks like they did not get a ticket though, or he came back and they stopped recording.

Autobahn

Normally US cops are rather cool when you tell them about Germany. I had that happen last year twice in the Seattle area and upstate NY. Both cops were very polite. Both times they told me "this ain't the Autobahn" - only to proceed and then ask me what the fastest speed was I ever drove on the Autobahn. One also asked about whether there really is a Police Porsche in Stuttgart.  But I always admitted that I was going too fast, didn't make up any bullshit excuses and was already prepared to get fined... didn't get a ticket in both occasions :lol:

The Autobahn does not only seem to have a fascination with US police but also New Zealand police, got the "this ain't the Autobahn, mate" line from a NZ cop last year too. I don't plan on trying it in Australia this year though, but you never know :lol:

cawimmer430

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

To be fair, in all my encounters (granted, only two were for infractions of the law, and civil ones at that) with LEO, only one came across as a egotistical prick.  The rest were polite, courteous, and more often than not, friendly.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

hounddog

What a boob.

It is so ridiculous it makes me wonder if it was staged.

If not, he is a particularly sorry excuse for a wannabe tough guy.   

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

hounddog

Quote from: Submariner on October 13, 2010, 01:43:31 PM
To be fair, in all my encounters (granted, only two were for infractions of the law, and civil ones at that) with LEO, only one came across as a egotistical prick.  The rest were polite, courteous, and more often than not, friendly.
I would not say I would have been considered "friendly" most of the time. 

I would say people likely considered me firm but fair. 

At least, that was my intention. 

Cordial, but not friendly.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 13, 2010, 12:07:37 PM
Absolute power corrupts.  :thumbsup:
What makes people think police have absolute power over anything?
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

ifcar

hounddog

Mustang. Sebring.  HHR. Eclipse.  I have no idea, actually.

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

I just realized;  Why is a CHP officer one minute speaking with a midwestern accent, and the next speaking as if he grew up in Baton Rouge?

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

2o6

Cookie Monster

Quote from: ifcar on October 13, 2010, 05:47:48 PM
Can anyone identify their rental car?
The mirror makes me think it's something really expensive, like a Gallardo.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

bing_oh

Quote from: hounddog on October 13, 2010, 04:45:40 PMWhat a boob.

It is so ridiculous it makes me wonder if it was staged.

If not, he is a particularly sorry excuse for a wannabe tough guy.

My first thought was "staged." I mean, "Germany boy?" Making reference to being sodomized in jail? It's like a bad cop characture.

ifcar

Quote from: thecarnut on October 13, 2010, 06:26:48 PM
The mirror makes me think it's something really expensive, like a Gallardo.

The distinctive characteristics are the outside mirror, the sleek door handles, trim that seems to wrap its way from the doors to the dash, and what looks like a big lumpy center stack screen cover.

Catman

Quote from: bing_oh on October 13, 2010, 06:33:49 PM
My first thought was "staged." I mean, "Germany boy?" Making reference to being sodomized in jail? It's like a bad cop characture.

Yeah it's ridiculous.  If it's real the guy needs a reality check or something. 

CJ

It's not a Gallardo or a Murcielago.  I just looked at pictures of window switches and interiors in general.  Neither of their mirrors look like that.

CJ

I think it's a BMW, and it looks like a 6-series from the window switches, door handles, and glove box area, but the mirrors tell a different story. 

bing_oh

Quote from: Catman on October 13, 2010, 06:37:01 PMYeah it's ridiculous.  If it's real the guy needs a reality check or something.

Definitely. If he's a real LEO, I bet the other guys at his station make fun of him...alot.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CJ on October 13, 2010, 06:47:24 PM
I think it's a BMW, and it looks like a 6-series from the window switches, door handles, and glove box area, but the mirrors tell a different story. 
Good call on the 6. The mirrors are different but the dash is definitely a 6 series.
RWD > FWD
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

dazzleman

Quote from: bing_oh on October 13, 2010, 06:33:49 PM

I'd bet money it was staged.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

Quote from: hounddog on October 13, 2010, 04:47:36 PM
What makes people think police have absolute power over anything?

I was talking about the power of their Ford Crown Victoria's!  :devil:

Lucky bastards!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Catman

Probably talked the officer into it for their German friends back home and it ended up on Youtube.  He's dumb for going along regardless.

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on October 13, 2010, 05:51:48 PM
I just realized;  Why is a CHP officer one minute speaking with a midwestern accent, and the next speaking as if he grew up in Baton Rouge?

His accent never changed.  After you posted this, I went back and watched it again.  His accent was consistent throughout.

SVT666

It seems real to me.  I watched it 3 times looking for anything that would give it away as a fake, but I didn't see anything.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TurboDan

Hahaha. I think this goes along with the old adage that the worse the officer yells at you, the less likely you are to get a ticket. The only thing that makes me suspicious about it being staged was the prison rape comment.