***2010 Mercedes E350 CGI Testdrive - and yes, it is OURS now!***

Started by cawimmer430, October 15, 2010, 11:35:35 AM

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

CJ

I don't like the LED running lights on the lower front bumper.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 20, 2010, 08:41:56 AM
This car is pretty fully loaded for a European version. Already I can see that we won't use all the features. The reverse parking camera for example feels so unnatural. I'd rather turn my head and body around to see where and how I have to park. Looking into that camera while reversing just feels so...weird. I don't think I can get used to that and I personally wouldn't want such a gimmick in my car.

This car also has Linguatronic, COMAND, a free iPod was thrown in from MB (given their current gadget alliance with Apple) and much more. Sure, it's loaded with features, but even if it was a stripper car I'd still like it. My sisters 118i is a stripper car basically (except for the sunroof, automatic transmission, A/C and radio - which all had to be ordered extra) and I'm happy with all the "features" it has (except for the crappy seats). I don't need anything else in that car for example.

I like the camera because you can see what's below the trunkline and you can get closer to the other car while parallel parking. Turning my head is still the best method for most scenarios.

giant_mtb

So, given your postings in the Rice Thread, this car is technically rice, no?  (AMG body, but not AMG)

:mask: :lol:

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 20, 2010, 04:45:17 PM
So, given your postings in the Rice Thread, this car is technically rice, no?  (AMG body, but not AMG)

:clap:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 20, 2010, 04:45:17 PM

How is this rice? Tons of people add the exterior M and AMG packages to their BMW's or MB's here. They want to make their visual appearance sportier, that's all.  :huh:

My position in the other thread is simple: I post cars that have been "modified". Some of it isn't real rice but I need to post something, right?  :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Your car has been "modified" in that it gives the appearance that it's a car it isn't.  It looks like an AMG, but look under the hood and it most definitely isn't.

Rice.  Quit your double standards. 

giant_mtb

Example: From the Rice Thread.  Your picture.

So you're flaming this guy for making his car "appear" to be an M3, while it's okay for you to make your car "appear" to be an AMG? 

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 21, 2010, 01:04:21 PM
Your car has been "modified" in that it gives the appearance that it's a car it isn't.  It looks like an AMG, but look under the hood and it most definitely isn't.

Rice.  Quit your double standards.  

How is it modified? It gives the appearance of an E-class with the factory sport package, which is exactly what it is.

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 21, 2010, 01:06:48 PM
Example: From the Rice Thread.  Your picture.

So you're flaming this guy for making his car "appear" to be an M3, while it's okay for you to make your car "appear" to be an AMG?  

Did the guy buy it like that from the factory? It looks to me like he modified a 3-series to look like an M3. Wimmer Sr (/whoever bought it previously) merely checked the option box.

the Teuton

Plus, the exhaust wasn't on that side on the E36 M3, iirc.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Submariner

I'd consider "rice" to be making the car something it isn't (or tacky modifications).  Buying a base 3 series then slapping M3 badges on is rice.  Buying one with a factory aero kit inst.  Having an AMG kit isn't rice because it's a factory option, and there are still features that separate it from a true E63 (quad exhaust, different lower air dam, etc not to mention the "E350" badges on back. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on October 21, 2010, 01:49:32 PM

How is it modified? It gives the appearance of an E-class with the factory sport package, which is exactly what it is.

Did the guy buy it like that from the factory? It looks to me like he modified a 3-series to look like an M3. Wimmer Sr (/whoever bought it previously) merely checked the option box.
There's nothing on that car that is from an E36 M3 besides the sideskirts. It's a lowered E36 cabrio w/an otherwise stock E36 body.

Wim's dad's Benz is definitely closer to an E63 AMG than that E36 cabrio is to an M3. So there is some comedic irony in that...

Atomic

the "amg" look is part of the "sports package" here in the u.s. also, the trim levels are the same. my aunt/uncle in fl have the sports package on their s600 to set it apart, per my uncle! you have to live in palm beach to understand. the folks there thought my "rare" for p.b. chevy cobalt rental was an exotic  :lol:! ...something never seen before...

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 21, 2010, 01:04:21 PM
Your car has been "modified" in that it gives the appearance that it's a car it isn't.  It looks like an AMG, but look under the hood and it most definitely isn't.

And what exactly is the problem here? Have you ever seen me lash out at people who have an S-Line, AMG, M etc. body kits on their non-performance _______ car? Hell no. Lot's of people do this everywhere. Big fucking deal.

Gosh, you remind me of the morons who criticize people who drive Lexus IS250s, MB C300s, BMW 325i's as "posers" because "every normal person in the world" would have gone for a 43809348093490934093480943-hp 0-60 in 3.4 seconds Lexus IS600, MB C600 and BMW 390i because that's "real luxury" bla bla bla fucking bla bla bla.

If I came in here and said "Yeah, my dad and I just test drove an E63 AMG..." and posted these pictures then you'd have a reason to complain because that's bullshit. I labeled this car as an E350 CGI with an AMG body kit, hence "E350 CGI AMG". Nowhere do I claim that it is a real AMG. And why should I?  :confused:

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 21, 2010, 01:04:21 PMRice.  Quit your double standards. 

What double standards? What fucking double standards are you talking about? Do you see any AMG badges on this car? Because some of those riced BMW 3er's I posted in the rice threads had "M badges" all over the place. This E350 CGI has an AMG body kit (and floor mats) and that's it. No fake "E63 AMG" badges on the rear etc.

So what double standards are you talking about?  :facepalm:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 23, 2010, 10:14:54 AM
Wim's dad's Benz is definitely closer to an E63 AMG than that E36 cabrio is to an M3. So there is some comedic irony in that...

Huh?

Our new E350 CGI looks like this:

Here's a real E63 AMG:

Big differences. The AMG rims our car has aren't even offered on the E63 AMG. It simply has an AMG body kit. Nothing wrong with that. And we don't have "E63 AMG" badges on this car because that would be really ricey and simply lame.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CALL_911

Right.

I don't agree with giant's point, but it's kind of fun to play devil's advocate.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

FlatBlackCaddy

I really like the new E's, good to hear you are pleased with it. The wimmer family must be rolling in cash to be sporting a petrol motor, a big bore v6 no less.

Nice car, looks great with the amg pack. Enjoy