Top Gear thread

Started by Mustangfan2003, November 17, 2010, 09:32:40 PM

Onslaught

It could just be me. But it's felt a little "off" the last few years. As if it was all practiced during the news and other stuff.
But as long as it's funny then I don't care.

giant_mtb

:huh:  Who knows.

Just finished up the TGUS episode.  It was actually pretty good and entertaining.  The in-studio dialogue is still pretty "meh," but on-site activities were really enjoyable to watch.

Laconian

Quote from: Onslaught on January 10, 2011, 09:02:31 AM
The guys over at Miata.net are mad that Wood's called the Miata "girly." You'd think most of them would be accustomed to it.
Good! That just means more Miatas for the true believers.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MrH

This show is awful.  Somebody shoot the fat guy.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

the Teuton

The CR-Z/used car episode was better than the UK Christmas special. Fact. Unfortunately.

It was really good.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

lol, my two cousins both got their first cars at dealers like that one along the "boulevard of cars" in Glendale.

Mustangfan2003

I always found it pretty neat that some streets would have most of the car dealers on it.  In Tupelo you can find all but 2 new car dealers located on Gloster Street.  Most of them were located on the south end but when a new mall was built on the north side of town in the early 90s most businesses moved along with it. 

Mustangfan2003

Tonight's show was pretty good.  I always like an off road adventure. 

68_427

I missed it.  Thank god for lookback.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

It's getting better, and I actually like Ruteligde.

Tanner Faust is boring.

68_427

This episode was pretty cool.
'racecar is die'
no

Onslaught

Best show so far. It felt like the guys had a better dialog with each other then in other shows. I still don't like the redneck all that much.

Colonel Cadillac

Rutledge Wood again had the coolest vehicle. I was a bit sad to see it go. What was Ferrera thinking buying that old Ford POS? He definitely could have done better, but it was nice to see something from that era.

hotrodalex

I don't know how the Ram didn't win.

But now I want a lifted Jeep very badly. Either a Wrangler (preferably 4 door) or an old Cherokee.

68_427

That looked fun as hell to be hooning those trucks around.
'racecar is die'
no

r0tor

Quote from: hotrodalex on January 17, 2011, 05:32:43 PM
I don't know how the Ram didn't win.

But now I want a lifted Jeep very badly. Either a Wrangler (preferably 4 door) or an old Cherokee.

Jeep  :lol:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 17, 2011, 05:30:30 PM
Rutledge Wood again had the coolest vehicle. I was a bit sad to see it go. What was Ferrera thinking buying that old Ford POS? He definitely could have done better, but it was nice to see something from that era.

Ferrera shouldn't have got a ton truck.  A 4wd ton truck is alright on the farm or the construction site but they are just too big and heavy for trail riding.

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Mustangfan2003

I'm not talking about military trucks dude. 

SVT666

Too bad Rutledge didn't check his oil before they started the journey cause that was a nice truck.  

Tanner is a lot funnier than people think.  "It's really unfortunate that had to happen...but that's wheelin' my friend" - after he ran over Rutledge's cabin.

giant_mtb

Why the hell isn't the latest episode up on History.com yet?  I work every Sunday night 8-11PM now, so I can't watch it on TV no mo'.

SVT666

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 18, 2011, 01:04:45 PM
Why the hell isn't the latest episode up on History.com yet?  I work every Sunday night 8-11PM now, so I can't watch it on TV no mo'.
They post it after the repeat episode tomorrow night.  Go to streetfire.net and do a search for Top Gear.  It's the first one that comes up.

giant_mtb

giant_mtb

Well, just finished the Alaska episode.  Pretty good, I'd say.  Entertaining, good flow, and an unrealistic conclusion that only Top Gear can provide.

Good episode.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

68_427

Too bad they didn't buy Jeeps.
'racecar is die'
no

the Teuton

I just want to mention that I finally got to see the UK GT3/458/SLS episode. Fucking hilarious.

It restores the faith.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BimmerM3

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 12, 2011, 03:33:50 PM
Oh, and I'm watching this past Sunday's episode and really, really, really wish Rutledge would stop saying "fail" where he should be saying "failure."  Ugh.

They say "epic" way too often as well.

BimmerM3

Quote from: 68_427 on January 18, 2011, 07:46:34 PM
Too bad they didn't buy Jeeps.

I was thinking about how awesome it would be if one of them had gotten one of these:

Quote from: 2o6 on January 17, 2011, 11:17:25 AM
It's getting better, and I actually like Ruteligde.

Tanner Faust is boring.

Tanner is by far the best of the three. He's the most natural on screen and he seems like the only one that actually knows anything about cars. Rutledge can be entertaining when they find him in a situation where he's forgotten about the cameras, but everything else is just forced. I feel like Ferrara is just kind of there. He hasn't really done anything memorable other than fuck up a burnout and bend an old Caddy.

Also, Rutledge may have grown up in the south, but rednecks have southern accents. He does not. So everyone needs to stop calling him a redneck.

Complaints aside though, it's still a fun show to watch and all three of the presenters have gotten better throughout the season. Nothing they've done has even been close to bad enough that I would stop watching the show.

the Teuton

No one on air from the South sounds like a redneck. Broadcast journalism students from the South very often go up to the Midwest to study because we have a very beige accent, that is, we don't have an accent.

Likely, if he ever wanted a shot of being on air, his only option was to lose the twang.