Sports/Sporty cars at work (or school)

Started by mazda6er, September 12, 2005, 05:27:23 PM

Raza

Yeah, so, my buddy down at Clemson told me yesterday that someone down there has a TVR...

:o  :o  :o  :o  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

NomisR

As an investment, you'd probably have to look into distressed properties, which you can get on the cheap, but then to fix them up and resell or rent them, it would take more money, or a whole lot of do-it-yourself time and work.

Again, the distressed property would still be around 200k min and would not be in a liveable condition.  Basically, it would cost a lot of money to buy a condemned house, fix it up to a liveable condition, and then resell it.  Again, this is Los Angeles i'm talking about, land value is driving up the prices of the houses, the land itself on the distressed properties is probably worth a lot more than the houses that's sitting on it.

But anyways, back to original topic

In HS  ... way back in the days... we've had

NSX, 944, 3000GT, Supra Turbo, Rx7, M3s, Mustang GTs, Camaro SS, T/A, and a bunch of non sporty expensive cars.  This was back in the early/mid 90s though

In College, I haven't noticed any sporty cars that's noteworthy, but then again, i don't go to school that often :P

Raza

I saw a Viper on campus (SRT-10) but when I talked to the kid, he told me it wasn't his.  It was a "Risky Business" moment.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

A lot of typical stuff at school with a handful of loud Civics, a new Civic si that is in process of being pimped up, a WRX, who I just heard the owner saying "It's gonna look so sick with a carbon fiber spoiler and hood scoop", a red TT, a 4.0 auto 05 Stang with red calipers, a 84ish Town Car that runs like shit, and probably some other stuff I haven't seen yet.

Tom

QuoteI saw a Viper on campus (SRT-10) but when I talked to the kid, he told me it wasn't his.  It was a "Risky Business" moment.
What he stole it ?

Raza

QuoteI saw a Viper on campus (SRT-10) but when I talked to the kid, he told me it wasn't his.  It was a "Risky Business" moment.
What he stole it ?
It's his dad's.  Have you ever seen Risky Business?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

As an investment, you'd probably have to look into distressed properties, which you can get on the cheap, but then to fix them up and resell or rent them, it would take more money, or a whole lot of do-it-yourself time and work.

Again, the distressed property would still be around 200k min and would not be in a liveable condition.  Basically, it would cost a lot of money to buy a condemned house, fix it up to a liveable condition, and then resell it.  Again, this is Los Angeles i'm talking about, land value is driving up the prices of the houses, the land itself on the distressed properties is probably worth a lot more than the houses that's sitting on it.

But anyways, back to original topic

In HS  ... way back in the days... we've had

NSX, 944, 3000GT, Supra Turbo, Rx7, M3s, Mustang GTs, Camaro SS, T/A, and a bunch of non sporty expensive cars.  This was back in the early/mid 90s though

In College, I haven't noticed any sporty cars that's noteworthy, but then again, i don't go to school that often :P
Yes, I forgot.  LA's fucking expensive.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tom

QuoteI saw a Viper on campus (SRT-10) but when I talked to the kid, he told me it wasn't his.? It was a "Risky Business" moment.
What he stole it ?
No.  Do you advise the seeing of it?

850CSi

I'm moving away next year (Because, even if I wanted to, I couldn't live at home), except my parents are willing to pay for my apartment.

I'll most likely get a roommate, though.

MX793

QuoteYeah, so, my buddy down at Clemson told me yesterday that someone down there has a TVR...

Wow.  I was visiting Cornell two years ago and saw a sweet, yellow Lotus Esprit.  I'd never seen a Lotus of any type in the flesh before.  I also saw a Chevy EV1 there, which is another vehicle I don't think I've ever seen in the flesh before.  But from the amount of dust that had accumulated on it, I'd say it hadn't moved in a while.  Batteries were probably dead  :D .
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

SL55 AMG's
E55 AMG's
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo's
tons of Porsches
tons of BMW M3's
Jaguar XKR's
a million Ferrari 360 Modena's

...and so much more...

^Back in London^  :praise:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

There are three STis at my brother's office.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

mazda6er

Probably all victory blue, eh? It must be fun watching the dudes try to figure out which car is theirs at the end of the day. :D
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

QuoteProbably all victory blue, eh? It must be fun watching the dudes try to figure out which car is theirs at the end of the day. :D
I just verified.  They're different colors.

And try picking a gray Passat out of a crowd of gray Passats...

I feel like I'm living in a Saab commercial.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteI saw a Viper on campus (SRT-10) but when I talked to the kid, he told me it wasn't his.  It was a "Risky Business" moment.
What he stole it ?
No.  Do you advise the seeing of it?
Yes, yes, oh yea.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

footoflead

QuoteYeah, so, my buddy down at Clemson told me yesterday that someone down there has a TVR...

:o Clemson, My bro goes there :praise:  B)  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

giant_mtb

One time I saw a 16-ish year old kid driving a Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a buddy in the car...the father of that kid must either be very stupid or has a lot of trust in his son...

Raza

QuoteOne time I saw a 16-ish year old kid driving a Dodge Ram SRT-10 with a buddy in the car...the father of that kid must either be very stupid or has a lot of trust in his son...
I knew two kids who had Corvettes when they were juniors in high school...you'd be surprised.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i