1987 Buick Regal Grand National vs. 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo

Started by cawimmer430, January 04, 2011, 05:38:05 AM

hounddog

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

68_427

Quote from: hounddog on January 17, 2011, 06:34:56 PM
You guys do realize the GNX is not the Grand National, but rather, a much more powerful and much more rare version only made during the last production year, right?

Yes they do, which is why they talk about it instead of the GN.  It's that much cooler.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

the Teuton

You guys do realize the GNX is not the Grand National, but rather, a much more powerful and much more rare version only made during the last production year, right?

Yes.

I've seen one here and there. There are a bunch of Grand Nationals around my hometown. My brother's friend owns one. But I think I've only ever seen one or two GNXs in person.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Which is why I'd take a GNX, not a wimpy Grand National. :ohyeah:

hounddog

Quote from: 68_427 on January 17, 2011, 06:39:56 PM
Would you be saying the same thing if IROC stayed with 911s?   :lol:
Yes, because of the retards who were rockin them in the 80s.

Spikey headed greasy teenaged douchbag pretenders who mostly bought the automatic.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

68_427

The only reason there was an IROC Camaro is because the IROC series started using the Camaro.  In the 70's the IROC series used 911s.
'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

The Pirate

Quote from: 68_427 on January 17, 2011, 07:48:34 PM
The only reason there was an IROC Camaro is because the IROC series started using the Camaro.  In the 70's the IROC series used 911s.

Yeah, but those spikey headed greasy teenaged douchbag pretenders (sticking with that, couldn't have said it better myself!  Thanks, hounddog :lol:) likely couldn't have afforded the 911, nor wanted a furrin car, so the 911's honor remained intact.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

Old-er, yes.

I even remember when they switched to Daytonas for the IROC series.

That was a sad, sad day even if the Daytona Shelby-Z was cool.  ish.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

The Shelby-Z? 

With Ts it was quite nifty.  One of the guys I played at MSU with had a brand new black one with gold racing strips and gold wheels.  Sounds cheesy, but it was actually pretty cool looking.  Wish I could find a pic of one.

We had more fun in that thing.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Vinsanity

I lost a bet by not believing that Dodge made a K-car-based "IROC" model. I lost another bet by not believing there was a version that was more powerful than the early IROC Camaros.

MX793

Quote from: Vinsanity on January 17, 2011, 08:13:03 PM
I lost a bet by not believing that Dodge made a K-car-based "IROC" model. I lost another bet by not believing there was a version that was more powerful than the early IROC Camaros.

The Daytona was technically on the G-platform (although that was derived from the K).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on January 17, 2011, 06:38:36 PM
Yes.

I've seen one here and there. There are a bunch of Grand Nationals around my hometown. My brother's friend owns one. But I think I've only ever seen one or two GNXs in person.

No there aren't.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 2o6 on January 17, 2011, 09:35:06 PM

No there aren't.
I see quite a few here in Cleveland. I know two guys that show GNXs at local meets also. The T-Type Turbos are the one I don't see anymore. My mom had a blue '79 back in the early 80s. IIRC They weren't called T-Types then, but they did have a turbo motor.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

2o6

I must need to open my eyes. There aren't hardly any in Akron.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: hounddog on January 17, 2011, 07:45:30 PM
Yes, because of the retards who were rockin them in the 80s.

Spikey headed greasy teenaged douchbag pretenders who mostly bought the automatic.
Well if you ordered the biggest engine (350 TPI) it only came with the 4 speed auto.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide