Honda says it's sticking by Ridgeline

Started by cawimmer430, January 10, 2011, 06:57:19 AM

ifcar

Quote from: Northlands on January 12, 2011, 03:09:50 PM
I wonder just how many Ridgelines would sell if Honda had an all wheel drive version of the Odyssey ( with a towing package. )

Northlands

Quote from: ifcar on January 12, 2011, 10:02:35 PM

If people could just get past the minivan image, I think an AWD Odyssey would cannibalize both the Ridgeline and the Pilot.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

ifcar

Quote from: Northlands on January 13, 2011, 08:32:14 AM
If people could just get past the minivan image, I think an AWD Odyssey would cannibalize both the Ridgeline and the Pilot.

If people could get past the image, so would the FWD Odyssey.

GoCougs

Odyssey already sells way more than than the Pilot and Ridgeline combined.

ifcar

Quote from: GoCougs on January 13, 2011, 09:07:13 AM
Odyssey already sells way more than than the Pilot and Ridgeline combined.

In 2010:

Odyssey: 108,182
Pilot: 102,323
Ridgeline: 16,142

And last month:

Pilot: 10,337
Odyssey: 10,147
Ridgeline: 1,211

So....no.

Northlands

In Cougs defense, overall I do see a lot more minivans on the roads than the Pilots. ( counting all of the years.)

People just can't face it. The minivan is the ultimate haul it vehicle!  :lol: Haul wood, any home supply , kids etc etc. Just raise it off the ground and give it AWD!!

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.

Byteme

Quote from: Northlands on January 13, 2011, 10:16:45 AM
In Cougs defense, overall I do see a lot more minivans on the roads than the Pilots. ( counting all of the years.)

People just can't face it. The minivan is the ultimate haul it vehicle!  :lol: Haul wood, any home supply , kids etc etc. Just raise it off the ground and give it AWD!!

Many cargos require an open load bed.

Northlands

Quote from: EtypeJohn on January 13, 2011, 10:26:07 AM

Ooh I know. I just like to poke at the typical Ridgeline owner who's bought themselves essentially an Odyssey that looks like a truck and use it as a more manly ( ish.. I use the term quite loosely ) looking kid and grocery hauler.  :lol: I've driven all three vehicles and as much as I despise the thought of owning a minivan for daily use, I'd pick it over the Pilot and Ridgeline in a heartbeat.

Tave

Quote from: EtypeJohn on January 13, 2011, 10:26:07 AM

Too bad you get such a tiny one with the Ridgeline. The talk about payload ignored the fact that even the smallest beds on the midsize pickups are larger than the Ridgeline's, if a few inches shallower. In fact Honda has the smallest bed of anything this side of the Explorer Spot Trac.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

giant_mtb

And it has super-rediculous bed-sides...way worse than the Avalanche pillars.  I remember reading an article when the thing first came out about how, because the sides of the bed were so high, they cut the tailgate short to maintain rearward visibility.  Why wouldn't they just, I dunno...make the fucking bedsides shorter?  I can't imagine reaching in to get anything from the sides is a particularly easy task.

Looks fricken retarded.  Like they had the tailgate flush with the sides and then tried to drive it and went "oh, shit...well, let's just chop the tailgate down a few inches! We gotta roll this thing out next week!"

Byteme

Quote from: Tave on January 13, 2011, 01:52:03 PM
Too bad you get such a tiny one with the Ridgeline. The talk about payload ignored the fact that even the smallest beds on the midsize pickups are larger than the Ridgeline's, if a few inches shallower. In fact Honda has the smallest bed of anything this side of the Explorer Spot Trac.

But doesn't the Ridgeline have  a "trunk" under the bed floor that's quite useful?  That is, as long as you don't have a flat tire when you have a load of stuff in the bed that is since the spare resides in the "trunk".  

GoCougs

Quote from: ifcar on January 13, 2011, 09:28:57 AM
In 2010:

Odyssey: 108,182
Pilot: 102,323
Ridgeline: 16,142

And last month:

Pilot: 10,337
Odyssey: 10,147
Ridgeline: 1,211

So....no.

Interesting, I was wrong.

(Admit it, you were waiting for that.)

ifcar

Quote from: GoCougs on January 13, 2011, 04:51:08 PM
Interesting, I was wrong.

(Admit it, you were waiting for that.)

I was waiting for you to say that you were obviously referring to a different year, of course.

omicron