My Review: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T Classic

Started by SVT666, February 18, 2011, 03:19:24 PM

ChrisV

Quote from: Rockraven on February 18, 2011, 06:19:20 PM
Love the wheels. They look like classic Cragars, and are perfect for a muscle car. These kids don't know jack.

Agreed.

Great review!!!
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Quote from: omicron on February 20, 2011, 05:20:56 AM
I'm thrilled to hear it's a good car - lack of exhaust sounds can easily be fixed, and the fundamentals seem right. I'm almost certain it will be LHD-only, too. Sigh.
The exhaust roar is very nice at WOT, but almost silent at any other time.  An after market Magnaflow system would most definitely be a requirement.

CALL_911

That looks mean. I really like this thing (but I am not digging those rims at all).

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 20, 2011, 07:20:43 AM
I can't get past the looks of this, but I'm glad Chrysler sorted this thing out.

Hows the gas mileage of this compared to the G37? Also is there a difference in all in MSRPs?

I wonder if the 300C is just as much of a hoot. I def prefer the looks of that. Interesting though that they stepped their game up so much.
The G37 is about $10K more, and this Charger was fully loaded with options I don't even want.  I built one on the Dodge.ca website to the exact specs I want and it came out $15K less than the G37.

The Charger gets 16/25 and the G37 gets 17/25 with the G37 requiring Premium fuel.

68_427

I really like it in this picture.  I should get to see it this week.  (I hope it's in orange :wub:)

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Mustangfan2003

sportyaccordy

Quote from: SVT666 on February 20, 2011, 10:12:07 AM
The G37 is about $10K more, and this Charger was fully loaded with options I don't even want.  I built one on the Dodge.ca website to the exact specs I want and it came out $15K less than the G37.

The Charger gets 16/25 and the G37 gets 17/25 with the G37 requiring Premium fuel.
Sounds good. Have you driven the new 300C? I just can't get the Charger's cartoonish looks. Plus it doesn't seem like it would lose much performance.

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 02, 2011, 04:14:52 PM
Sounds good. Have you driven the new 300C? I just can't get the Charger's cartoonish looks. Plus it doesn't seem like it would lose much performance.
No.  I haven't even seen a new 300C yet. 

CJ

Checked out the new Charger last weekend at Melton Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Claremore, OK.  It's a huge improvement over the old one and looks absolutely fantastic in Blackberry Pearl.

SVT666

Quote from: CJ on March 02, 2011, 04:53:35 PM
Checked out the new Charger last weekend at Melton Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Claremore, OK.  It's a huge improvement over the old one and looks absolutely fantastic in Blackberry Pearl.
That's not a colour, it's a phone.

FoMoJo

"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on February 20, 2011, 09:00:51 AM
Agreed.

Great review!!!
Thanks.

Yeah, I really dig the wheels too.  I would prefer silver powdercoat though.

SVT666

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT666

That's a nice looking dyno.  The curves are barely curved.

Atomic

i love the new charger r/t (especially with awd/4wd form), but miss the "deep water blue" color (shown a few posts, above) of the previous generation available then on the charger, 300 and a few other chrysler, dodge and jeep models (since i think 2008 or '09, not long anyway). fortunately, this special edition blue is still around for 2011, but on just a few chrysler products like the grand caravan (but not chrysler t&c). i do like the distance they are creating amongst brands... but still lament the loss of this once extra charge (no longer) option for the charger and 300/300c.

SVT666

So, I was thinking...when I do get a 2011 Charger R/T, this is what I'm doing first:

2011 Dodge Charger R/T with Corsa exhaust system

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT666 on June 21, 2011, 09:55:08 PM
So, I was thinking...when I do get a 2011 Charger R/T, this is what I'm doing first:

2011 Dodge Charger R/T with Corsa exhaust system

Put it on your Focus.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

hotrodalex

Nice sound, but there's too much wheel gap. Needs bigger wheels (an inch on the diameter and also a bit wider in the back) and/or a 1 inch drop.   :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: hotrodalex on June 21, 2011, 11:17:11 PM
Nice sound, but there's too much wheel gap. Needs bigger wheels (an inch on the diameter and also a bit wider in the back) and/or a 1 inch drop.   :lol:

21" wheels?  Fuck that.  I would rather drop it a bit, but I wouldn't want to ruin the ride which is very nice.

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT666 on June 22, 2011, 12:46:02 AM
21" wheels?  Fuck that.  I would rather drop it a bit, but I wouldn't want to ruin the ride which is very nice.

Those are 20s? :confused: They look like 17s. The car must be huge! The designers maybe should have made smaller wheel wells...

GoCougs

Sounds good but a bit loud for my tastes. Everyone and your mom will hear you getting on it bringing attention from boy racers and cops alike. But it does sound good.

Yes, too much wheel gap. I have a hunch it's owing to being able to accommodate the AWD version - larger wheel openings won't make the changes in ride height as noticeable.