The "How Fast Did You Drive Today" Thread

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2011, 09:32:53 AM

Onslaught

Having an analog clock is fine to me. But I don't like where they put it.

Having two MB emblems on the front is what's dumb looking.

Perhaps it so the tow truck guy knows for sure where to take it when it's dead on the side of the road?

VTEC_Inside

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 30, 2011, 08:27:56 PM
On old VW's, I'm pretty sure the clock was bigger than the speedo.  :facepalm:

Time moves faster than the car?

lol..
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

Laconian

Perhaps seeing a clock helps counteract the time dilation effect of marijuana.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

Quote from: rohan on March 30, 2011, 07:24:05 PM
It looks like the engineers were drawing the dashboard and ran out of things to put in the guages and decided "hey we don't have a clock yet how about a clock we could use a clock."

At MB the clock has always been right in front of the driver since the 1970s.  :huh:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 30, 2011, 06:42:28 PM
Step 1: Look at the analog clock in front of you for the time.
Step 2: Tell the douchebag next to you the time (Turning your head in their direction is optional but adds to the effect.).

Very simple.  :huh:

And most people these days have a watch or a phone - both which can tell time (duh).

Completely defeating the purpose of the gigantic ugly clock obstructing the gauge cluster...

:facepalm:

cawimmer430

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 31, 2011, 03:16:32 PM
Completely defeating the purpose of the gigantic ugly clock obstructing the gauge cluster...

:facepalm:

:huh:

These days 99% of people have an iPhone. *Sarcasm*

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

On the Autobahn back to Munich from Austria (in Germany of course, not those pussy 100-130 km/h Austrian speedlimited Autobahns...).

www.wimmerfotografie.de

giant_mtb

S204STi

Tagged the century mark yesterday on the way to work.  Attacking onramps at WOT ftw.

NomisR

Quote from: R-inge on April 07, 2011, 03:10:54 PM
Tagged the century mark yesterday on the way to work.  Attacking onramps at WOT ftw.

I'll have to try that tomorrow.. I plan on taking to Lotus to work.. hope there's not too much traffic..  WTG Friday furloughs ..

cawimmer430

Took the BMW out for a spin yesterday and did 220 km/h with the summer tires on. I didn't take a photo because the car felt a little unstable on this rough Autobahn and I needed both hands on the wheel. A lot of Autobahn stretches now have uneven surfaces and some cracks thanks to the cold winter and salt. It's the same in Munich where some roads have potholes the size of a football. Most of them are being fixed ASAP though.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

YO

BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

YO

the SLS rocked... besides some weird seat controls touching the back of my right knee... really bugged me. Besides that INCREDIBLE... I should have an in car video on the C63 AMG next week

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 08, 2011, 12:07:44 PM
Lucky bastard!
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

RACING DOMINATION at the highest level...6 Time F1 Constructors Champion, 5 Time F1 Drivers Champion, 3 Time CART Constructors Champion, 6 Time CART Drivers Champion and two consecutive International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) International Sedan Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive IMSA International Sedan Drivers' Championships,three consecutive Manufacturers' Championships and three consecutive Drivers' Championships in the prestigious IMSA Camel GTP Lights series  ....current 4 TIME INDY Constructors Champion AND Drivers Champion?10 Time SCCA World Challenge Champions... .Home to the Worlds Greatest Drivers and Riders past, present and future...

cawimmer430

Quote from: YO on April 08, 2011, 01:49:35 PM
the SLS rocked... besides some weird seat controls touching the back of my right knee... really bugged me. Besides that INCREDIBLE... I should have an in car video on the C63 AMG next week

Can't wait to see it!

The closest I ever got to such insane power was a CL600 Biturbo with a 500-hp V12 and 1000 Nm of torque! But it's definitely nothing compared to the SLS which is a purebred sports car and not a luxury GT cruiser like the CL!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

YO

nah... it's definately a GT on steroids.... now the CLK Black series the pros hot lapped us in was insane...

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 08, 2011, 01:51:11 PM
Can't wait to see it!

The closest I ever got to such insane power was a CL600 Biturbo with a 500-hp V12 and 1000 Nm of torque! But it's definitely nothing compared to the SLS which is a purebred sports car and not a luxury GT cruiser like the CL!
MANY,MANY more to come.

THE POWER OF DREAMS

AltinD

YO, how fast have you driven your Acuras? :lol:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

r0tor

Topped out second and third gears today on a twist road going to work... so that puts me at about 93mph...
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

I may or may not have hit a GPS verified 106 MPH in the Accent, yesterday.*

*professional driver on a closed course. do not attempt.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

S204STi

Tagged around 110 yesteday.  Fuckers left lane camping left me a huge gap to fill!

cawimmer430

180 km/h in the BMW yesterday on the way to Dachau for food supply shopping.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

NomisR

SVT666

170 km/h (105 mph) briefly in the SVT Focus

WookieOnRitalin

Got up to 105-110 yesterday. Came flying off an on ramp.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Cookie Monster

Just hit 120 in the Miata. Shit was crazy, since it was screaming at 6k rpm and the roof was whistling. :lol:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

cawimmer430

160 km/h today on the Autobahn. Was low on fuel so I had to conserve gas.  :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)