Modern interpretation of the E-Type.

Started by Payman, February 21, 2011, 03:51:26 PM

ChrisV

Quote from: 2o6 on February 27, 2011, 09:30:05 PM
What do you think I'm spouting, fact?

Again, you think your opinion can't be called into question or insulted, yet you're doing exxactly that by insulting the artists OPINION of what a modern interpretartion of the E type would look like.

Hypocritical at best.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

sportyaccordy

ChrisV

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 27, 2011, 03:08:07 PM
I don't think 2o6 has been incoherent at all actually

Actualy he's been disengenuous, at best. And hypocritical.

QuoteNor do I see what his "experience" has to do with the validity of his opinion. If he agreed w/you his opinion would be no more or less valid

If you don't think knowledge and experience has anything to do with validity of an opinion, especially when discussing technical aspects of a trade, like design, then you obviously don't think that school is important, as it's very obvious that you think forming a quick opinion is way more important than knowing what you're TALKING ABOUT.

Shit, why don't you become a doctor? I mean, you obviously can form a quick opinion on medicine, therefore your opinion on any medical procedure is JUST AS VALID as any experienced doctor, and I'm sure they'll listen to you talk about the latest heart transplant procedure. Lawyers can make a lot of money, too. I can form an opinion on law. That should get me past the bar, right?

Do you actually think before you type?

ChrisV

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 07, 2011, 01:58:31 PM
Just can't let it go...

Obviously neither can you as you had to post, too.

Fuck off, hypocrite.

2o6

Quote from: ChrisV on March 07, 2011, 01:57:12 PM
Again, you think your opinion can't be called into question or insulted, yet you're doing exxactly that by insulting the artists OPINION of what a modern interpretartion of the E type would look like.

Hypocritical at best.

And as you so well know about the art field, everyone always has something to say about your work, uninformed, or not.

Seriously, STFU.

sportyaccordy

Your blood pressure must be through the roof for you to be this angry over a thread on the internet

Thread has been dead for a week

You win ChrisV

All hail ChrisV in his boundless petty abrasiveness & insecurity driven need to remind all of his experience

Newsflash you're an asshole and nobody cares.

2o6

Right. I've made my point, people disagree with that, that's perfectly fine, we move on and discuss another car.

hounddog

Quote from: 2o6 on March 07, 2011, 02:14:58 PM
Seriously, STFU.
Really?  YOU are going to get snarly now?

Wanna talk about A-bodies some more?

:facepalm:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

2o6

Quote from: hounddog on March 07, 2011, 02:21:44 PM
Really?  YOU are going to get snarly now?

Wanna talk about A-bodies some more?

You can, too. I don't have to have the same opinion as YOU!

hounddog

Quote from: ChrisV on March 07, 2011, 02:03:29 PM
Obviously neither can you as you had to post, too.

Fuck off, hypocrite.
:lol:

I knew there was a reason I opened this thread.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Byteme

Quote from: ChrisV on March 07, 2011, 02:01:35 PM
If you don't think knowledge and experience has anything to do with validity of an opinion, especially when discussing technical aspects of a trade, like design, then you obviously don't think that school is important, as it's very obvious that you think forming a quick opinion is way more important than knowing what you're TALKING ABOUT.

Shit, why don't you become a doctor? I mean, you obviously can form a quick opinion on medicine, therefore your opinion on any medical procedure is JUST AS VALID as any experienced doctor, and I'm sure they'll listen to you talk about the latest heart transplant procedure. Lawyers can make a lot of money, too. I can form an opinion on law. That should get me past the bar, right?

Do you actually think before you type?

There is a big difference between having a valid professional opinion on a subject and offering an opinion on whether one likes a piece of automotive design, which essentially is a piece of art.  And one doesn't need to be educated in automotive design in order to offer a valid opinion on whether one likes like a particular design.  There's a lot of validity in the statement "I don't know art, but I know what I like".  You may disagree with the reason someone likes or dislikes something but that dioesn't invalidate their liking or not liking it.    

It's a lot like car colors.  One can argue about the technical merits of one color over another endlessly, but it's meaningless if one doesn't like a particular color.

hounddog

Quote from: 2o6 on March 07, 2011, 02:22:33 PM

You can, too. I don't have to have the same opinion as YOU!
But at least have a shred of knowledge about which you speak first.

:facepalm: :facepalm:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

2o6

Quote from: hounddog on March 07, 2011, 02:24:33 PM
But at least have a shred of knowledge about which you speak first.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Yet again. I don't have to have the same opinion as you. I defended my opinion before, and posted reasons WHY I don't like the design. If you don't like the fact I don't like it, then too bad. I'm not going to start liking it because you said so.

For being "knowledgeable" you guys are sure immature.

Submariner

I'm going to inject a much needed dose of Natalie Portman-in-a-provocative-position.

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

hounddog

Quote from: 2o6 on March 07, 2011, 02:26:03 PM
Yet again. I don't have to have the same opinion as you. I defended my opinion before, and posted reasons WHY I don't like the design. If you don't like the fact I don't like it, then too bad. I'm not going to start liking it because you said so.
Are you not the guy who likes the VW Bully thing? 

I think that speaks volumes about what your opinion is worth in calculable terms.

QuoteFor being "knowledgeable" you guys are sure immature.
So, you want to argue about specific cars and platforms, but you do not want to argue based on facts or knowledge? 

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Cookie Monster

I hope the "mature", 40-50 year old guys in this thread (ChrisV and hounddog) feel good about putting a 17 year old in his place by bitching him out for not liking a car. :facepalm:

Seriously guys, real mature. Liking a car is ALL about opinion and it's not based on any sort of experience at all. And 2o6 wasn't even being insulting. He even complimented the creator on his modelling skills.

You guys need to stop being butthur about everything. And ChrisV, all the car experience and knowledge in the world doesn't matter if you're still a massive douche.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

2o6

They didn't put me in my "place" because I'm still going to have the opinions I do.

hounddog

Quote from: thecarnut on March 07, 2011, 02:30:56 PM
I hope the "mature", 40-50 year old guys in this thread (ChrisV and hounddog) feel good about putting a 17 year old in his place by bitching him out for not liking a car. :facepalm:
Because he is young we should simply let him post what he wants to and not challenge it?

QuoteSeriously guys, real mature. Liking a car is ALL about opinion and it's not based on any sort of experience at all. And 2o6 wasn't even being insulting. He even complimented the creator on his modelling skills.
I never claimed he needed experience to like a car.  :huh:

QuoteYou guys need to stop being butthur about everything. And ChrisV, all the car experience and knowledge in the world doesn't matter if you're still a massive douche.
What is a "butthur?"
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Cookie Monster

Quote from: 2o6 on March 07, 2011, 02:34:03 PM
They didn't put me in my "place" because I'm still going to have the opinions I do.

I was being sarcastic. Probably should've said "trying to put him in his place" instead.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

FoMoJo

Quote from: thecarnut on March 07, 2011, 02:30:56 PM

Seriously guys, real mature. Liking a car is ALL about opinion and it's not based on any sort of experience at all. And 2o6 wasn't even being insulting. He even complimented the creator on his modelling skills.

You guys need to stop being butthur about everything. And ChrisV, all the car experience and knowledge in the world doesn't matter if you're still a massive douche.
You have to understand that being in your 40s and 50s is a difficult age as well...mid-life-crisis and all that.  However, once you reach your 60s, like John and I :praise:, rationale returns along with wisdom.
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Payman

Quote from: Submariner on March 07, 2011, 02:28:35 PM
I'm going to inject a much needed dose of Natalie Portman-in-a-provocative-position.

Too literal and cliche. Marilyn Monroe did a similar pose 50 years ago.

2o6

I was going to say that she needed a sandwich. Her ribs are showing.

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on March 07, 2011, 02:41:07 PM

Dunno about a sammich, but she's sure begging for a meat injection.

hounddog

Quote from: Rockraven on March 07, 2011, 02:40:26 PM
And, she did it better and sexier. 

Her original interpretation of proactive-positioning was classic.  This is just a literal re-play of the original, which was done much better and in a much more cinemagraphic manner.

Plus, I do not like how the cheeks are so small and the ribs show too much.  The original was more cohesively executed.

Even the original headlights were better.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Payman

Quote from: hounddog on March 07, 2011, 02:46:08 PM
And, she did it better and sexier. 

Her original interpretation of proactive-positioning was classic.  This is just a literal re-play of the original, which was done much better and in a much more cinemagraphic manner.

Plus, I do not like how the cheeks are so small and the ribs show too much.  The original was more cohesively executed.

Even the original headlights were better.

I do like how the exhaust sticks up though.

Submariner

I was going to say that she needed a stiff banging. Her ass is begging for it.   :huh:

Submariner

Quote from: Rockraven on March 07, 2011, 02:40:26 PM

:clap:

Onslaught

She's on her side. They should be showing. Don't go around fucking up hot girls by making them fat.

Submariner

Quote from: Onslaught on March 07, 2011, 04:53:47 PM
She's on her side. They should be showing. Don't go around fucking up hot girls by making them fat.

But if they're porkers they're not literal and cliche.

MX793

Quote from: Submariner on March 07, 2011, 04:56:22 PM
But if they're porkers they're not literal and cliche.

Sure they are.  See the works of Peter Paul Rubens.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5