Quattro!

Started by The Pirate, February 26, 2011, 06:51:30 PM

Mustangfan2003

Eye of the Tiger

Updates are required. I know there is snow in New York, cuz I was there this afternoon. Quattro.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

The Pirate

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on December 10, 2011, 07:11:42 PM
Updates are required. I know there is snow in New York, cuz I was there this afternoon. Quattro.

No snow in Albany.  Audi has fuel leak currently.  Going to try to figure that out tomorrow (I absolutely hate wrenching when it's cold out).

I'm hoping it's straightforward, but I'm sure it won't be.  :banghead:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

S204STi

Dunno about Quattro, but Symmetrical AWD (not as graceful sounding, is it?) is doing wonderfully with the Continentals installed.  Excellent acceleration, stopping, and turning ability on ice, and enough power to break them loose anyway if I want to = epic win.

The Pirate

Quote from: S204STi on December 10, 2011, 08:21:57 PM
Dunno about Quattro, but Symmetrical AWD (not as graceful sounding, is it?) is doing wonderfully with the Continentals installed.  Excellent acceleration, stopping, and turning ability on ice, and enough power to break them loose anyway if I want to = epic win.

I have Blizzaks on the Mazda, which is overkill for Albany, but it's nice to be able to go where you want, when you want.  Quattro has Cooper Weathermaster ST2s.  It laughs at inclement weather.

Wish I had enough power to break them loose.  :(

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

CJ

You should have just used your Contis in the snow.  I did with my old 850 and it was unstoppable in the snow.

The Pirate

Quote from: CJ on December 10, 2011, 08:54:04 PM
You should have just used your Contis in the snow.  I did with my old 850 and it was unstoppable in the snow.

They are wide and low profile, and I don't want to expose those wheels to the salt and other shit that gets sprayed all over. 

68_427

Quote from: The Pirate on December 10, 2011, 08:58:42 PM
They are wide and low profile, and I don't want to expose those wheels to the salt and other shit that gets sprayed all over. 

We haven't had snow up here yet, but there's salt all over the roads already.  Fuck this place.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

The Pirate

Quote from: 68_427 on December 11, 2011, 10:32:46 AM
We haven't had snow up here yet, but there's salt all over the roads already.  Fuck this place.

Yeah, we got a few inches the last weekend of Halloween, but that all melted the next day.  There was enough accumulation earlier this week that I had to brush off the car, but roads were clear.  Lots of rain, mostly.