Pictures: 06 Civic

Started by ifcar, September 17, 2005, 08:11:26 PM

crv16

QuoteDid you get a chance to drive it, or even sit in it?
No not yet.  I was there before the dealership opened.

I don't want to sit in one or drive one yet, because I'd probably would want to buy one right away.  I want to wait at least until next spring.

To reiterate, I was really downright disappointed when I saw the pictures of the new Civic.  It just didn't look well proportioned.  But seeing it in person gave me a totally different impression.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

Raza

I'll have time this weekend to go to a dealership and look at it.  I'll just stop in quickly, so I don't offend anyone.

Besides, I hate Mike Piazza Honda, the douchebags.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Tom

QuoteI'll have time this weekend to go to a dealership and look at it.  I'll just stop in quickly, so I don't offend anyone.

I haven't found one that wansn't full of douches.  West German BMW was cool though.

Raza

QuoteI'll have time this weekend to go to a dealership and look at it.  I'll just stop in quickly, so I don't offend anyone.

I haven't found one that wansn't full of douches.  West German BMW was cool though.
I've always found cool guys at BMW dealerships (West German is better than Thompson of Doylestown--but here's something that's funny.  Thompson BMW is cool, but Thompson Lexus is full of pricks), but never at Honda (though, admittedly, that's the only Honda dealer I've been to).  Mercedes I've gotten mixed welcomes.  The whole dealership sociology thing is fun and frustrating to analyze.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

QuoteI'll have time this weekend to go to a dealership and look at it.? I'll just stop in quickly, so I don't offend anyone.

I've always found cool guys at BMW dealerships (West German is better than Thompson of Doylestown--but here's something that's funny.  Thompson BMW is cool, but Thompson Lexus is full of pricks), but never at Honda (though, admittedly, that's the only Honda dealer I've been to).  Mercedes I've gotten mixed welcomes.  The whole dealership sociology thing is fun and frustrating to analyze.
My favorite part is when the salepeople try to scare me away from the cars because I look like "a young punk".  :rolleyes:  I was sitting in an RX-8 in the showroom one day and the saleguy comes over like "Can I help you?" (as in: "read between the lines kid and get the f*ck out") and I'm like "Nope, why don't you take a breather, chief. I'm just browsing". You could tell he wanted to say something, but he just walked away disgusted.  :lol:
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

QuoteI'll have time this weekend to go to a dealership and look at it.  I'll just stop in quickly, so I don't offend anyone.

My favorite part is when the salepeople try to scare me away from the cars because I look like "a young punk".  :rolleyes:  I was sitting in an RX-8 in the showroom one day and the saleguy comes over like "Can I help you?" (as in. "read between the lines kid and get the f*ck out") and I'm like "Nope, why don't you take a breather, chief. I'm just browsing". You could tell he wanted to say something, but he just walked away disgusted.  :lol:
I usually run into lease rates, residual values, and competitors at which I'm looking, and that generally shuts them up.  I'm usually treated fairly well, except for at that Honda dealership.  I mean, Honda sells cars for 12 grand, and I've been allowed to sit in 200K cars at dealerships before.  It's really insane that this Honda dealer thinks it's so above its customer base.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

QuoteI'll have time this weekend to go to a dealership and look at it.? I'll just stop in quickly, so I don't offend anyone.

My favorite part is when the salepeople try to scare me away from the cars because I look like "a young punk".  :rolleyes:  I was sitting in an RX-8 in the showroom one day and the saleguy comes over like "Can I help you?" (as in. "read between the lines kid and get the f*ck out") and I'm like "Nope, why don't you take a breather, chief. I'm just browsing". You could tell he wanted to say something, but he just walked away disgusted.  :lol:
I usually run into lease rates, residual values, and competitors at which I'm looking, and that generally shuts them up.  I'm usually treated fairly well, except for at that Honda dealership.  I mean, Honda sells cars for 12 grand, and I've been allowed to sit in 200K cars at dealerships before.  It's really insane that this Honda dealer thinks it's so above its customer base.
The acura dealership was quite nice. They let me sit in all the cars. They didn't even mind when i got stuck in the back of an RSX. :rolleyes:  <_<  :lol:  

Raza

I didn't have any problems at Acura, either.  They even opened up their NSX for me before, let me shift through the gear, and what not.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

You know, one time, Thompson BMW was understaffed and mobbed, and they felt bad about making me wait to talk to someone, so they gave me the key to the new 5er in the showroom and let me run through the iDrive and all the car's systems.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raghavan

QuoteYou know, one time, Thompson BMW was understaffed and mobbed, and they felt bad about making me wait to talk to someone, so they gave me the key to the new 5er in the showroom and let me run through the iDrive and all the car's systems.
nice. :praise:  

SJ_GTI

I have been treated at least "okay" by most dealerships. Only ones that bugged me were the various pontiac dealers that wouldn't let me test drive the GTO when it first came out.

BTW my current boss bought his 5er at West German BMW. He used to live in Pennsylvania. Funny coincidence.  :P  

Tom

QuoteI have been treated at least "okay" by most dealerships. Only ones that bugged me were the various pontiac dealers that wouldn't let me test drive the GTO when it first came out.

BTW my current boss bought his 5er at West German BMW. He used to live in Pennsylvania. Funny coincidence.  :P
I met a guy from Massachusettes who only buys from there.  Wierd.  I think they only or mainly sell used.

footoflead

:D ,  When we were looking for a new truck, while waiting at the chevy dealership, i walked over to a corvette and the sales dude kept watching every move i made :rolleyes: ...so i didnt even bother to sit in one, but i was fine just drooling over the car from outside :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

:D ,  When we were looking for a new truck, while waiting at the chevy dealership, i walked over to a corvette and the sales dude kept watching every move i made :rolleyes: ...so i didnt even bother to sit in one, but i was fine just drooling over the car from outside :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
The honda dealership didn't really care about me and my dad poking through a ridgy.  :praise:
I shoulda tried to seat myself into an NSX though at the acura dealer. :praise:  

thewizard16

The most fun I've had in a dealership was when I went to a Porsche dealer in Schorndorf, Germany. I spoke a sentence in English to my friend with me (unintentional, I didn't even think about it) and a salesman immediately started hovering. He immediately asked me what I'd like to look at, and I said I'd just like to look around. Well, he asked if I'd mind if he showed me a couple of their "nicer" items, which turned out to be a Carrera GT, a 911 Turbo S convertible, and a Cayenne Turbo. Offered a test drive of the Cayenne (probably because I was inspecting it very closely, I'd never been in one before) but I had an appointment to make.  :(  I had fun while I was there, but I guess he assumed since I was American, in Germany, that I had money or something. Those vehicles cost more than my house (at German prices, anyway). And I rode there on a bicycle I'd rented. He couldn't have been more wrong. But, it was still nice.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

QuoteI have been treated at least "okay" by most dealerships. Only ones that bugged me were the various pontiac dealers that wouldn't let me test drive the GTO when it first came out.

We came very close to buying a car from West German a few years ago, when the 745i just came out.

You're at least 26 or 27, right?  They should treat you pretty well.

*I got to drive a GTO six speed when test drives were scarce   :praise:

I'm only 19, I look about 21-23, and when I get treated right I really think highly of that dealership/salesperson, since I am so young.  When I'm treated poorly, I do hold it against the entire dealership.  If I ever do buy a Honda when I live in this area, I will go out of my way to avoid Mike Piazza Honda (yes, the same Mike Piazza that plays on the Mets), even if it means I have to leave to suburbs to get my car.  I also won't buy anything from Keenan Mercedes Benz, either.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i