***The hottest VW Passat I've ever seen!***

Started by cawimmer430, March 23, 2011, 11:26:10 AM

Galaxy

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 25, 2011, 07:36:04 AM
Not a fan of VW's new face

Manufacturers are trying to go Ghostface with their emblems and failing

I've been seeing a lot of new Jettas and they're ugly too. They look like old Kias. I never thought I'd see the day where Korean cars would be at the forefront of mainstream design, and Volkswagen would put out ugly cars.

The Saudis know what black Americans want!

:lol:

cawimmer430

Quote from: AltinD on March 25, 2011, 07:19:55 AM
Chriss, can you post the thumbnail version please, I can't see the full size pictures

Copy the image link location and paste them into your browser URL. I don't have these images anymore to upload.  :cheers:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MX793

I think the only colors I've seen MkV Jettas in are white, black and silver (or some shade of those three).  Might have seen a red one once.  With MkIVs, you occasionally see a red or blue one.  MkIIIs tend to be seen in a wider array of colors (all of the aforementioned plus greens and pale blues).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Galaxy

Quote from: MX793 on March 25, 2011, 03:48:45 PM
I think the only colors I've seen MkV Jettas in are white, black and silver (or some shade of those three).  Might have seen a red one once.  With MkIVs, you occasionally see a red or blue one.  MkIIIs tend to be seen in a wider array of colors (all of the aforementioned plus greens and pale blues).

The Jetta's paint shop must be relatively simple. The Jetta is only available in 9 colors. The Golf in 38.  :huh:

AltinD

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 25, 2011, 02:13:03 PM
Copy the image link location and paste them into your browser URL. I don't have these images anymore to upload.  :cheers:

If only was that easy ... you think I didn't try that?

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

MX793

Quote from: Galaxy on March 25, 2011, 03:54:16 PM
The Jetta's paint shop must be relatively simple. The Jetta is only available in 9 colors. The Golf in 38.  :huh:

I think they only offer 8 colors for the current Jetta in the US and even less for the Golf.  Golf and GTI each come in only 6 or 7 colors (some GTI colors aren't available on the Golf and vice versa).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Galaxy

Quote from: MX793 on March 26, 2011, 10:42:07 AM
I think they only offer 8 colors for the current Jetta in the US and even less for the Golf.  Golf and GTI each come in only 6 or 7 colors (some GTI colors aren't available on the Golf and vice versa).

I have never understood why VW of America did not try to use the greater flexibility the company has. I doubt it will cost that much more since the capacities already exist, and you might haul in some buyers that appreciate the available individualization. Although there are a couple colors where it would be best that they not offer it....

ifcar

Special ordering isn't common among American buyers, and that's the only way a rare color or option would work. A typical VW dealer will stock maybe five or 10 Golfs, and they're not going to want any of them to be a color that would turn someone away.

AltinD

Quote from: Galaxy on March 26, 2011, 11:27:19 AM

I have never understood why VW of America did not try to use the greater flexibility the company has.

Because in USA people buy cars from the showroom floor, they don't pre-order them from the factory.

Galaxy

Quote from: AltinD on March 26, 2011, 11:29:48 AM
Because in USA people buy cars from the showroom floor, they don't pre-order them from the factory.
Quote from: ifcar on March 26, 2011, 11:29:42 AM
Special ordering isn't common among American buyers, and that's the only way a rare color or option would work. A typical VW dealer will stock maybe five or 10 Golfs, and they're not going to want any of them to be a color that would turn someone away.

I am aware of that but surely it should not be to difficult to put paint into the ordering computer for those that do?

Laconian

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. We buy cars off the dealer lot because that's pretty much the only option we're given. :P
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AltinD

Well, both my Passats were bought from the lot, as to speak. While the 'Storm Beige Metallic' / 'Beige' combo on the B5.5 was PERFECT, I can't say the same of the 'Mocca Brown' / 'Athracite' of the B6. While it's tons better then the black/black or silver/black, still the Athracite gets boring and the Mocca exteriours will look brown only in very bright sunlight, otherwise it looks like black, and you only notice that it isn't, if a black car is parked next to you.

68_427

The Mocca brown should have been more like this IMO

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MX793

Quote from: Laconian on March 26, 2011, 01:11:55 PM
It's a self fulfilling prophecy. We buy cars off the dealer lot because that's pretty much the only option we're given. :P

I wouldn't say that.  I don't know of a single dealership that would be unwilling to order you a new car the way you wanted it.  Of course, they probably won't be as willing to negotiate on price versus buying one they have on the lot, which is why many people opt to buy cars off of the lot.
Needs more Jiggawatts

ifcar

Quote from: MX793 on March 26, 2011, 03:22:24 PM
I wouldn't say that.  I don't know of a single dealership that would be unwilling to order you a new car the way you wanted it.  Of course, they probably won't be as willing to negotiate on price versus buying one they have on the lot, which is why many people opt to buy cars off of the lot.

You also get to drive and poke around the very car you'd own for the next however many years.

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on March 25, 2011, 03:48:45 PM

I see red and blue MkVs a lot.  Gray is very rare.  I even saw a bronze one, just today.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MX793

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=24502.msg1489609#msg1489609 date=1301193521
I see red and blue MkVs a lot.  Gray is very rare.  I even saw a bronze one, just today.

Gray sure as heck isn't rare around here.  I'm looking at one VW dealer's used MkV Jettas and they have 3 grays, 2 silvers, a white and one that's advertised as "tan" (probably some bronze or champagne color, no photo on the site).  Another local dealer has 5 grays, a red and a dark blue.  And looking at Ebay, of 142 '05-'09 Jettas listed, gray is the most common color (accounting for 30).  Followed by black (28), white (26) and silver (23).
Needs more Jiggawatts

AutobahnSHO

I like the new wagon. 

Wouldn't say that about many other 'Dubs.
Will

nickdrinkwater

I'm biased sure because mine's a B5, but each Passat since the B5 (1996 onwards) has been a step back.  The B5.5 (2001 onwards) was kinda cool because of the W8 but the looks were fussier compared to the classic cues of the B5.  Then the B6 (2005 onwards), which again still looked pretty good but the interior was a major regression in terms of design and materials -- plus the standard equipment was worse! 

Now this new Passat (B6.5 but they're calling it a B7) just seems really cynical.  It's not a new car any more than the B5.5 was, all they've done is given it a new nose and tail lamps, which don't go at all with the side panels that remain the same as the older car.  And the interior is almost a complete carry-over.

AltinD

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 31, 2011, 09:36:14 AM
I'm biased sure because mine's a B5, but each Passat since the B5 (1996 onwards) has been a step back.  The B5.5 (2001 onwards) was kinda cool because of the W8 but the looks were fussier compared to the classic cues of the B5.  Then the B6 (2005 onwards), which again still looked pretty good but the interior was a major regression in terms of design and materials -- plus the standard equipment was worse! 

Now this new Passat (B6.5 but they're calling it a B7) just seems really cynical.  It's not a new car any more than the B5.5 was, all they've done is given it a new nose and tail lamps, which don't go at all with the side panels that remain the same as the older car.  And the interior is almost a complete carry-over.

I'm finding very hard to agree or dissagree with that.

AltinD

Quote from: 68_427 on March 26, 2011, 02:29:55 PM
The Mocca brown should have been more like this IMO

That's not even brown, let alone Moca brown. What would have liked to see was the brown colour that Porsche started using in 2009.