Where is it now? VIN check shows any car's location

Started by ifcar, March 25, 2011, 08:55:59 AM

ifcar

http://www.checkmyride.com/

According to the site, my old Focus is safely residing in Potomac, Md., though presumably in one of the less fashionable sections.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not sure if it can tell whether a car is still on the road. The ambiguous terminology of "last sighting" it uses could just mean the last place it was registered. Maybe someone can check it with the VIN of a car they know isn't on the road?

CALL_911

Old 5er- Markham, ON
Old A4- Minneapolis, MN
Our old Camry from 1990- Farmingdale, NY. How about that, it still lives on.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Galaxy

Just to be clear on this, it only works if the new owner(s) load the info up themselves righ? Anything else would a privacy nightmare.

ifcar

Quote from: Galaxy on March 25, 2011, 10:40:39 AM
Just to be clear on this, it only works if the new owner(s) load the info up themselves righ? Anything else would a privacy nightmare.

The city a car is registered in already shows up in any Carfax or other record check. It doesn't give an address or owner's name.

Rich

It's going slow as fuck for me.  I put the VIN in and clicked search, and 20min later it's not loaded.

Oh well.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Onslaught

I don't want to know. I found out my MX-3 hadn't been taken good care of last year. It made me sad.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

SVT.  POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. (<--- Jeremy Clarkson)

Rich

I sold the 2005 MINI to CARMAX in May of 2008 with 68,000 miles, from there it went to a Forest City, NC dealer, and sold to someone that lives in Spindale, NC.  Then it was sold to someone in Kingsport, TN, and it now has 82,444 miles on it.

The 2000 Miata was first sold in Rochester NY in July 2000!! LMAO  From there it went to an auto auction in 2003 and I guess sold from there to a dealer in Bradenton, FL.  Then it was registered in Meridian, ID in 2006 (I guess the owner moved).  Then I registered it in NY in 2010

So it started with NY plates, and now it came full circle with NY plates again.

CALL_911

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 25, 2011, 11:57:10 PM
That's in my next of the woods, maybe I've seen it around

Well, it's white with a brown interior and has these rims:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

the Teuton

The Subaru was bought in Wilmington, DE, then went to Hoboken, NJ, then to me in Canton, Ohio, then it looks like it's been registered in Mogadore, Leetonia, and now in Cuyahoga Falls.

I'm a bit surprised it's had three owners since I sold it.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rich

the Teuton

Quote from: HotRodPilot on March 27, 2011, 09:59:59 PM
Hot potato

It was a wonderful car. I can imagine two owners -- it was probably in fixer-upper state when I sold it (for $600), so somebody probably made some decent bank on an AWD Subaru if they DIY'd it.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Secret Chimp

Heh, my car was in Pasadena and LA for awhile. My registering it back here last year is its first official record in Washington as far as this site is concerned even though I bought it here.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

the Teuton

PlastiCar isn't half as interesting as Subie Doobie. It's just been to Pittsburgh and Canton, and now it's back in the 'Burgh with Ohio plates.