New bus for the 37 kids.

Started by saxonyron, March 27, 2011, 11:28:24 PM

GoCougs

Quote from: 68_427 on March 29, 2011, 08:15:21 PM
Oh that's gay.  So I'm assuming the Avalanche was left out also?

That I'm not sure. I only know the truck 8.1L got the Allison but yet the Suburban 8.1L did not. And that I'm not sure of why.

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on March 29, 2011, 04:25:34 PM
Hey, my car is mint!  At least it is now.  When you saw it last year, I hadn't brought it in yet to the body shop.  4 hits from anonymous buttheads, one from myself.  All little dings and scuffs, but they were depressing to behold.  I had the front and rear bumpers painted up all nice and shiny and ready for another pillaging.  I'll keep holding my breath that my girls continue on the otherwise unscathed trend.  All my teaching and persistance seems to have paid off, at least so far. 

Might have to accidentally trip and ding up your car soon  :devil:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

The Pirate

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 29, 2011, 09:28:09 PM

Dude, that's an offense punishable by death.  A man doesn't mess with another man's car.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

saxonyron

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 29, 2011, 09:28:09 PM

Quote from: The Pirate on March 29, 2011, 09:31:54 PM
Dude, that's an offense punishable by death.  A man doesn't mess with another man's car.

Oh look! Eddie's picture is right here in Wikipedia under "Justifiable Homicide"!  :devil:[

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

RomanChariot

Quote from: 68_427 on March 29, 2011, 10:55:06 AM
You could always go for a late model 8.1L.  Unfortunately the only engine for the 2011 Suburban HD is the 6.0L

The guy I bought the Suburban from replaced it with a 8.1L Suburban.  I actually think the 6.0L would work well.  I towed the trailer with a 6.0L HD pickup once and it did well but I did not take it through any mountain passes.

RomanChariot

Quote from: saxonyron on March 29, 2011, 04:28:18 PM
That must be one hell of a camper!  I've pulled a 30 footer that only weighed 5900#.  Your's must be oozing in camper luxury.  I'm jealous, since I sold my old popup last year and am currently camperless.  :(

My trailer is 31 feet and the 7500lb number is its gross weight when its tanks are full.  I'm not sure what it weighs dry.  It has four bunkbeds, a queen bed, a couch and table that makes into a bed.  It sleeps 8-9 people easily but we have slept as many as twelve in it.  It serves our purposes for now but it is a bit of a beast to tow.