One "do it all" car or several "different usage" cars (ownership preference)

Started by sportyaccordy, April 20, 2011, 01:39:56 PM

What's your preference for car ownership?

I prefer to just have one car that does it all
9 (37.5%)
I prefer to have different cars available for my moods/uses
15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on April 25, 2011, 07:18:27 PM
Multiple cars make lots of sense even if one excludes the weather...except financially.  I would love to have a sports/GT, sedan, SUV, and a pickup if I could.

I'd like a sports car and a wagon, if I could only have two.  If I can have three, I'd do a sports car, a sedan, and a small or medium sized SUV.  With four, I'd do a sports car, a sedan, a GT, and a small or medium sized SUV. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Gotta-Qik-C7

I could get by with 3. A sporty weekend/good weather car, A small FWD/AWD sedan for hauling humans around and winter driving and a pick up truck to haul my bike or anything else thats too bulky for a car or SUV! Kinda like the fleet of vehicles I have now......but newer.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on April 25, 2011, 08:20:53 PM
I'd like a sports car and a wagon, if I could only have two.  If I can have three, I'd do a sports car, a sedan, and a small or medium sized SUV.  With four, I'd do a sports car, a sedan, a GT, and a small or medium sized SUV. 
Why would you need the sedan & SUV? Seems like a lot of overlap.

Though I would probably have about 4 cars too... def won't do a cold weather place... so it would be a run of the mill commuter, sports car/convertible, luxury sedan, project/track car. Actually, 5... I would get a van or pickup to haul shit. There's overlap there though. I could combine the commuter + luxury sedan (TSX). Same with the sports car/project car (S2000). Or the project car/commuter (LPT Accord). No matter what though it would take at least 2 cars for me to not be looking elsewhere.

Vinsanity

Quote from: sportyaccordy on April 27, 2011, 08:52:08 AM
Why would you need the sedan & SUV? Seems like a lot of overlap.

sedan for commuting, SUV for hauling? although if I'm spending money on an extra car for commuting, or for toys to haul, then I can surely afford gassing up an SUV to drive to work.

If I were to do 2 cars at this point in my life, I would have a fun car and a small commuter car. Any more than that, I'd rather spend money on other things.

NomisR

If I were to have more then 3 cars than I currently have, I'd had more fun cars to the lineup.  Right now, a fun car, a semi fun commuter car and an SUV is enough for most of my needs.  I'd probably switch the commuter car for something with even better mileage but other than that.. i'm ok.