The Neon Light Goes Out This Week

Started by BMWDave, September 20, 2005, 08:08:27 PM

Tom

QuoteI like the Neon over the Focus mainly for styling (both interior and exterior), it's faster and it has better handling.
As my proof, even though the Focus generates more grip the skidpad (0.81 vs 0.79 - skidpad mostly a test of tire grip, not actual chassis dynamics) it outpaced it in the slalom 58.1mph to 56.9mph.
Depends on who you ask for acceleration, I've seen it go both ways. But handling is no contest, unless you only care how fast you can dodge cones. The Focus's steering and control give it an easy lead.

Have YOU driven both the Focus and Neon?  <_<
for an autorosser, dodging cones is what tis all about..
Most people don't by economy cars for "autorossing".
And I'd reckon they don't buy them for autcrossing, either.
What's that on the left there? :lol:

There were plenty of economy cars at the autocross.
How did the Club Wagon fare?  

mazda6er

Quote[What's that on the left there? :lol:

I was just being an ass and correcting ifcar's typo. I didn't necessarily agree with his statement.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

ifcar

QuoteHow dare two people carry on a conversation that's over ten words long, uses proper English, and isn't laden with smilies. :rolleyes:
no, it just gets confusing and there are too many colors, etc, to skip over while reading the post.
It wasn't written with you in mind. If it's too complicated for you, you don't have to read it.  

ifcar

I was just being an ass and correcting ifcar's typo. I didn't necessarily agree with his statement.
So you think that autocross ability is important for economy cars?  <_<  

mazda6er

So you think that autocross ability is important for economy cars?  <_<
Not really, but I'm sure some people do use them for autocrossing, which, I believe, was 280's point.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

I believe the ability to be fun and competent dynamically is an important attribute for all cars.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

That's the thing: the Focus is much more fun than the Neon, it just goes a bit slower in and out of cones.  

Raza

QuoteThat's the thing: the Focus is much more fun than the Neon, it just goes a bit slower in and out of cones.
I don't disagree with you there.  While I've driven neither cars, I've read that the Focus is very fun to drive (I've heard very, very good things about the SVT 3 door model particularly).  Before, I used to believe that specifications on a piece of paper is all that mattered for driving, but feel is so much more of it.  

Although, I'd love to get an SRT-4 out on a track.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Run Away

All this is making me want to go and buy a 1g Neon to show you guys what they are capable of.
Maybe when I sell my red car, I'll buy one under the pretense that it'll be my beater (but I'll end up modifying it).

93JC

All this is making me want to buy ifcar a dictionary for Festivus.

Raghavan

All this is making me want to go out and buy a Cherokee and squish your economy cars. :praise:

ifcar

QuoteAll this is making me want to buy ifcar a dictionary for Festivus.
You can continue to go ahead and use only dictionary definitions, but be prepared to be called on it if you don't.

I will be carefully monitoring your posts for exceptions.  :ph34r: