Thinking about a Cadillac CTS, thoughts?

Started by nickdrinkwater, May 18, 2011, 08:40:11 AM

sportyaccordy

Tave

Quote from: SVT32V on May 23, 2011, 08:36:33 AM
Actually prices are up across the board, although the increase is higher among more fuel efficient cars. Even if sales are down among pickups, that doesn't mean they are going for less.
C4C probably has some impact according to some sources.

That's what I've heard as well.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

93JC

Vinsanity

Nick: if you are still thinking about a CTS, the best advice I can give you is to make sure it remains under warranty during the time that you own it.

nickdrinkwater

Guys, completely forgot about this thread.  Anyway I took the boring route and end up skipping the Cadillac and getting something a bit more economical given fuel has just hit ?1.45 litre.  I ended up with another Passat (2007 model), I can post pics if anyone is interested.  It's a weedy 1.9 TDI model so it's not a speed demon but it will do 50 MPG (imperial) at 80-85 mph cruising...so call me an Unthusasist :)

cawimmer430

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on April 23, 2012, 03:06:18 AM
Guys, completely forgot about this thread.  Anyway I took the boring route and end up skipping the Cadillac and getting something a bit more economical given fuel has just hit ?1.45 litre.  I ended up with another Passat (2007 model), I can post pics if anyone is interested.  It's a weedy 1.9 TDI model so it's not a speed demon but it will do 50 MPG (imperial) at 80-85 mph cruising...so call me an Unthusasist :)

You're not a real man. Passat TDIs are for wimps! :lol: j/k

Congrats on the car!  :cheers:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

mzziaz

Unthusiast!

Congrats on the car, solid buy. 07 means the newest model, right?
Cuore Sportivo

TurboDan

Quote from: mzziaz on April 23, 2012, 04:53:23 AM
Unthusiast!

Congrats on the car, solid buy. 07 means the newest model, right?

Kind of. '07 would be the B6, which would've been before the B7 "facelift." I use "facelift" lightly, as it made the thing pretty boring looking. The B6 was far superior aesthetically, IMO. IIRC, VW didn't water down the B7 in Europe handling/suspension-wise like it did here, right?

nickdrinkwater

Thanks guys, Dan is right, the B7 is the latest car which I think has the same engines and a similar interior as my car but otherwise is new.  Definitely quite bland and I would be included to go for a Mondeo or Avensis if shopping in that price range.