Coronet

Started by Secret Chimp, May 19, 2011, 11:12:03 AM

Rupert

We need more videos.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: Rupert on May 19, 2011, 10:58:55 PM
We need more videos.

I'll get some tomorrow. It's dark out now. I had to spend the remaining daylight going down to the train station to get brum back home.

Secret Chimp

Also something scraped on my driveway. I'm pretty sure it was the left muffler. Either way I'm probably going to swap out these 2 inch lowering blocks for 1.5s and give it another half inch in front so I don't bash this thing on speed bumps. That's what brum is for.

280Z Turbo

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 19, 2011, 11:06:24 PM
Shit's expensive.

Don't buy those nice kits from Summit. See if you can cobble up some parts from an old pickup or something.

hotrodalex

I got the El Camino brakes from the guys at getdiskbrakes.com, except I went to their warehouse up in Columbus and got a deal with them. Quality stuff, mang.

Secret Chimp

Honestly I'll probably leave the drums on if I can get rid of the giant dead zone at the top of the pedal. They haul down just fine, you just have to give the pedal some guts. Money for a disc brake conversion is retarded if I leave the manual master cylinder on anyways.

cawimmer430

How come you didn't consider a 1973 Chrysler New Yorker:wub:

Here's my dream car list if I ever lived in the US:

1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV
1973 Chrysler New Yorker
1974 Dodge Monaco
1976 Chevrolet Caprice Classic
1976 Plymouth Gran Fury
1979 Plymouth Volare
1980 Ford LTD
1981 Chevrolet Caprice Classic

I'm a '70s and '80s guy.  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Secret Chimp

Yeah you're something....

cawimmer430

Quote from: Secret Chimp on May 20, 2011, 09:59:54 AM
Yeah you're something....

Say it. Say it.

"Damn, Wimmer! Great taste! My dad had a 1980s Ford LTD and it was the best ride ever!"  :thumbsup:

I like those cars because of their styling. They're exotics to my eyes. I realize they might not be that impressive in terms of quality, but they look cool!  :rockon:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

That's a dark period of our history. It's not polite to make us remember.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Secret Chimp

I will not have waggin thread hijacked by this crap.

Cookie Monster

I think of all the car purchases here, this one makes me the most jealous. :wub:

Congrats again, man. :rockon:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Secret Chimp

I'm taking wuggawaggin on its inaugural trip to Dick's tonight. We will all have a Deluxe in the Deluxe. It'll be an Xzibit moment. I'm bringing my cell phone suction mount for wuggavids.

GoCougs

Mopar or not car.

By the gods, I think I've seen this thing driving around in the past...

Morris Minor

There is something so wholesome, good and right about the sound of an American V8.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Secret Chimp

Quote from: GoCougs on May 20, 2011, 12:24:14 PM
Mopar or not car.

By the gods, I think I've seen this thing driving around in the past...

The previous owner had it for about two and a half years - he drove it from Auburn up to either of the Barrier Audi dealerships in Tukwila or Bellevue and sounded like he took it on some trips too (added a third seatbelt in the back for his third kid). There can't be a whole lot of these things around in this state or in general, maybe this is the same car. I'm taking it to Bremerton by way of Edmonds next weekend.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on May 20, 2011, 10:15:21 AM
That's a dark period of our history. It's not polite to make us remember.

:lol:

I can't relate to that "dark period". To me they're hot.  :praise:

*Thread hijack over.*

www.wimmerfotografie.de

L. ed foote

Member, Self Preservation Society

omicron

This is the best thread ever. That wagon is so brilliant, it hurts. No exterior trim either - it's nicer without. Good choice, Chimpe.

Atomic

now, that is a true AMERICAN automobile! thanks for sharing the awesome photos!!!

Northlands

Nice find. Some wagons are just cool and this is definitely one of them.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

2o6

318 + White Kevin's old Miata Chassis = Awesomesauce

68_427

Quote from: 2o6 on May 21, 2011, 11:55:38 AM
318 + White Kevin's old Miata Chassis = Awesomesauce

Waggun body on old Miater chassis = aweseomersaucer
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

1.8L + Coronet = Awesomesauce

Vinsanity

that has to be the most interesting car combination on the forum. congrats :ohyeah:

Secret Chimp

Thanks everyone. Yesterday waggin went on its inaugural run to Dick's (small burger chain here that's been around since the 50s)

I did discover that waggin definitely needs to be a little bit taller - with two other people in the car the outside of the front tire will rub the fender close to full lock, and I'd probably drag the bumper off if I tried to ascend my driveway with anything in the back. I ordered half inch smaller lowering blocks and I'll probably raise the front by the same amount.

This thing really drives nice though - it needs new shocks (harder bumps don't seem to have much damping there for them) but it doesn't have a boaty feel to it at all. It only got really unsettled over big tree root type bumps that threw the front end up.

I used manual 2nd and 1st to slow down the car a few times and there's definitely no major compression problems with this thing - I went from 2nd to 1st at slightly too high a speed and my girlfriend almost hit the dashboard. I have no idea what the front end is doing but it handles pretty well. It might even be a little fun to drive in turns after I get this slop out of the steering.

Laconian

Awesome. You need to take the wagon to Burgermaster for a real retro drive-thru experience.

How's the power?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Secret Chimp

Quote from: Laconian on May 21, 2011, 01:25:16 PM
Awesome. You need to take the wagon to Burgermaster for a real retro drive-thru experience.

How's the power?

It's pretty good, but the transmission likes to grab 2nd gear fairly quickly.  It'll push you back in your seat a little if you give it some beans. It feels like it could stand to have a little more timing though.

edit: pluralization master