***Some pictures from Mercedes' 125th Birthday***

Started by cawimmer430, May 24, 2011, 02:07:47 PM

cawimmer430

Before I delete these from my computer I figured I'll post them here. These are from the 125th birthday celebration of Mercedes-Benz in Stuttgart in late January. Sadly, nobodies like me were not allowed inside the museum on this special day where the bulk of the celebrations took place. So I had to make due with the cool stuff they had outside. These shots were taken early in the morning when the VIPs were not around.

After this I spent the rest of the day touring the new Porsche Museum but I've still not edited the pictures and probably will delete them. I doubt people here will care anyway. Classic cars are not "fast enough" at Carspin bla bla bla.  :facepalm:

Highlight: Mercedes 600 Pullman. The owner wants a photoshoot but he lives in far-away Freiburg!

Loved this red 1950 O3500 bus!

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Colin

Nice.

Why are you deleting pics? You can buy 1TB of storage for not a lot of ? these days, and that will hold an awful lot of photos...... I keep all my pics. if they were worth taking, they are worth keeping!

Mustangfan2003

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on May 24, 2011, 02:41:13 PM
Nice.

Why are you deleting pics? You can buy 1TB of storage for not a lot of ? these days, and that will hold an awful lot of photos...... I keep all my pics. if they were worth taking, they are worth keeping!

I have an external HD but these pictures take time to edit and prepare and the results are low to no views or comments. Even on other forums. Keeping them would be a waste of space. Besides, if people really want to see these shots they should book a trip to Stuttgart. One of the things I always did was essentially provide a preview to interesting events and locations. A preview for people to be inspired to go on a trip later when they have the time and money and check out a classic car museum etc. But you experience it with your threads (and El Barto's recent threads). Nobody gives a shit about classic cars anymore.  :frown:

But people just don't appreciate classic cars anymore it seems. Everyone out there only cares about 0-60, the 1/4 mile and getting the most power in some shitty economy car for as little money as possible. Those are not enthusiasts. If you can't appreciate the classics - where cars came from - then you're not an enthusiast. Reminds of the people who claim they're "big BMW/MB fans" yet only like the M/AMG stuff.  :facepalm:

Have you looked at some of those classic concours d'elegance threads all over the Internet? Inadvertently you'll find tons of these stupid comments: "Oh my god, $ 1 million for that 1927 Bugatti that does 0-60 in 14 seconds? Never! A $ 12K Honda Civic costs much less, is more reliable and faster to 60!" <--- God damn I want to grab a brick and smash it in their face.  :facepalm:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on May 24, 2011, 05:49:21 PM
So why were all the cars covered?

To prevent the US government spy satellites from seeing what's under them.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 25, 2011, 03:27:38 AM
I have an external HD but these pictures take time to edit and prepare and the results are low to no views or comments. Even on other forums. Keeping them would be a waste of space.
Funnily enough, I take my pictures for my enjoyment... the fact that it is easy to share the with others is a serendipitous benefit and not the prime motivation... accordingly, I want to keep mine, which is why I have a back up copy as well as the original (and most of them are also on Photobucket). 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on May 25, 2011, 03:58:57 AM
Funnily enough, I take my pictures for my enjoyment... the fact that it is easy to share the with others is a serendipitous benefit and not the prime motivation... accordingly, I want to keep mine, which is why I have a back up copy as well as the original (and most of them are also on Photobucket). 

I'm a perfectionist. The picture quality of the photo report reflects my personal standards: high quality. I invest time and effort into my pictures. It's my way.

www.wimmerfotografie.de