128i vs. GTI

Started by CALL_911, May 28, 2011, 02:29:37 PM

Eye of the Tiger

I would likr a Ralliart sportbak without the TC-SST flappy paddle thing, and for severwl thousand dollars less. More like the price of an Accent. Hey wait, where is that little Mistubishi hatchback that I thought we were getting but I haven't seen any of?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

S204STi

The Ralliart was blown away by all the competition a few years ago, and hasn't seen a single improvement, while the others that still exist have.

MX793

I liked the Ralliart I test drove other than the gearbox.  If I'd been in the market for an automatic, it would have been my choice (the DSG is a great automatic) over a WRX.  Might have just been the aesthetics, but it felt sportier to me than the '10 WRX.  Give it another 25-30 hp and a traditional manual, and I'd consider one.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: thecarnut on May 29, 2011, 12:05:02 AM
Probably the GTI.

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?  :devil:

His post should read:

Quote from: thecarnut on May 29, 2011, 12:05:02 AM
Definitely the Ultimate Driving Machine! RWD, baby! FWD sucks balls, homie!!!

:devil:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 29, 2011, 12:10:25 PM
I would likr a Ralliart sportbak without the TC-SST flappy paddle thing, and for severwl thousand dollars less. More like the price of an Accent. Hey wait, where is that little Mistubishi hatchback that I thought we were getting but I haven't seen any of?

The current Mitsubishi Colt was introduced in 2004.

The new Swift is coming, though.

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on May 29, 2011, 11:22:34 AM
Rag: I still have that V6 Mustang stigma in my mind. Its retarded, I know. Maybe ill give it a shot. As for the WRX, its on the list, but I can't find one around here to drive, and from what I hear, it doesn't drive as well as the GTI and it has some tranny issues.

I severely doubt the WRX is more fun to drive than the GTI, but the transmission on those shouldn't be an issue unless you boost the engine.  You get the utility of AWD and the speed of all that extra power.  You do pay for it though.  Gas mileage is terrible, it's not built as well, it looks pretty bad, et al.  Back in 2008, I drove that WRX and deemed it a Camry in a smaller size.  It's supposed to be much improved since then though.  It might be worth a try. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.