2006 Volvo C70

Started by Tom, September 24, 2005, 08:18:00 PM

Tom

By Jim Hall
November 2005

Volvo has released the first images of the next-generation C70 coupe.

Highlighting the new car is a trick, motorized three-section retractable hardtop, surely to impress the sun-loving top-down set.

Designed in conjunction with legendary Italian design firm Pininfarina, the Swedish-built C70 shares design cues similar to those of the current S40 sports sedan. The new car is said to be infinitely quieter and more rigid than the outgoing car, which is a good thing as the last C70 convertible was a bit of a flexible flyer. The above photo shows that the new car looks to have gained a good deal of rear passenger room as well.

Volvo?s turbocharged T5 engine, good for 218 bhp and 236 lb.-ft. of torque, will come standard. And Volvo?s reputation for safety continues as the new C70 features a specially designed airbag system that offers additional side impact and rollover protection.

Pricing has yet to be announced, but look for a First Drive in an upcoming issue of Road & Track.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...92&print_page=y

BMWDave

This is the best picture I've seen yet of the car:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

We've already seen all of these I think.

Run Away

Yay! Another ugly Volvo. :wacko:  

cozmik

That shot from the rear with the top up is really sharp looking!  :)  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

BMWDave

QuoteThat shot from the rear with the top up is really sharp looking!  :)
I agree, this is an overall sharp looking vehicle :)  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Colonel Cadillac

That is a sexy car! The C70 has a reputation of being sexy as of now. The old one/current one is pretty sexy too.  

CaseyNPham

It looks like a Scion Tc a little but that's not a bad thing.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little