Top-20 best-selling new cars of June 2011

Started by ifcar, July 01, 2011, 12:22:48 PM

ifcar

Sales charts at link. (Unfortunately, due to yet another format "improvement" at Examiner.com, a chart with 20 cars on it no longer fits, so the top 20 is broken in half.)

http://www.examiner.com/cars-in-national/top-20-best-selling-new-cars-of-june-2011-and-the-first-half-of-2011

Atomic

Not many surprises, except that Toyota made it into the top 10. It is good to see the underdogs selling so well. Only time will tell how many return buyers there will be.

The Civic supply is so dismal (for example), I cannot find an "Si" sedan anywhere. They will rally in time, but the Chevy Cobalt is deserving after the all but forgotten Cavalier and Cobalt models.

Just read where VW is up 35%? Nearly 122% up in new Jetta sales. WOW!

ifcar

I don't the new Civic Si is out yet, which would explain a shortage.

Atomic

i left out the model-by-model, brand-by-brand stats, in anticipation of ifcar's widely appreciated reporting... certainly to follow when stats are made public. just a teaser article, with more information on the shortage. the civic si had a release date (thinking may 24th), but it was likely delayed or thinking only a handful were delivered. my local dealer said they are taking orders for late september when there for an oil change this past week. from reviewing trade papers today, honda sales actually showed a huge insurgence of fit sales, despite the critical shortage. NOTE: i just corrected misinformation above... now accurate, according to the article below.

enjoy...

Automotive News -- July 1, 2011

DETROIT -- Automakers, aided by a rise in pickup demand and new models such as the Chevrolet Cruze, Fiat 500 and Ford Focus small cars, posted higher U.S. sales last month.

Sales rose 11 percent at GM, with car demand climbing 28 percent and pickup truck volume up 15 percent. Ford said sales increased 10 percent from a year earlier, when Volvo and Mercury were included in the automaker's results.

Robust demand for Jeeps and a 35 percent jump in Ram truck sales helped the Chrysler Group's June volume advance 30 percent.

Hyundai, Kia and Nissan also advanced.

But sales dropped at Toyota and Honda as the two automotive giants continued to struggle with inventory shortages three months after an earthquake in Japan disrupted output.

Toyota Motor Corp. said demand dropped 21 percent, with Lexus off 38 percent and the Toyota division down 19 percent.

Sales of Volkswagen brand models jumped 35 percent, while Subaru fell for a second-straight month.

Results from the first major automakers to report today support forecasts that sales would rebound after falling for the first time in nine months in May. June's seasonally adjusted annual sales rate is projected to come in at about 12 million units.

The SAAR had topped that level for seven straight months -- the last three of those above 13 million -- before shoppers scaled back in May. Rising gasoline prices, reduced incentives, and vehicle shortages caused by the March earthquake in Japan prompted May's decline.

GM's retail sales rose 16 percent, offsetting a 1 percent decline in fleet shipments. But crossover demand ? a bright spot for GM in recent months ? fell 2 percent as the automaker dialed back on rental deliveries.

Cadillac was the only GM brand to post a sales decline last month.

Without Volvo, Ford's June sales climbed 13 percent.

Lincoln rebounds

Sales of the new Ford Focus jumped 41 percent, and the Fiesta subcompact posted 5,535 sales, Ford said. Sales of the F-Series pickup rose 7 percent, helped by demand for models equipped with V-6 engines.

At Lincoln, which had suffered six straight monthly declines, sales rose 17 percent to 7,361.

U.S. light vehicle sales are up 14 percent through the first five months of the year as the industry continues to climb back from the collapse of 2008-2009.

But consumers remain in a cautious mood because of weak income and job growth, as well as the housing slump.

"Even though the economic news remains pretty mixed, [and] even though the Japanese competitors have lower-than-normal levels of inventory, there's still this high pent-up demand that's backstopping the industry," said Don Johnson, head of GM's U.S. sales operations.

The drop in gasoline prices last month helped lift pickup sales, GM said.

Pump prices drive shift

As long as gas prices don't jump "dramatically," Johnson expects pickup sales to strengthen in the second half of the year.

"As people got over the fear of fuel-price spike, those who actually need a pickup have come back into the market," Johnson said. "We think it's reasonable to assume that will play out for the rest of the year."

Consumers continue to shift to smaller, fuel-efficient models.

Volkswagen said June sales of the Jetta compact surged 88 percent, and diesel-equipped models accounted for 21.3 percent of the VW brand's volume. Chevrolet sold 24,896 Cruze compacts last month, with sales of the more fuel-efficient Eco model representing 17 percent of Cruze volume. Demand for the new Fiat 500 rose 3 percent from May, Chrysler reported.

And Honda said sales of the subcompact Fit increased 20 percent to 4,912 units.

Tight supplies resulting from a March earthquake hurt some Japanese automakers again in June.

American Honda said sales dropped 21 percent, with volume at the Honda brand off 22 percent and Acura down 20 percent.

The Honda brand was also hurt by a 36 percent drop in Civic sales. While both models are assembled in North America, demand for the Accord plunged 38.6 percent and Odyssey minivan sales dropped 25 percent.

At Nissan's Infiniti division, which relies on Japanese plants for the bulk of its U.S. lineup, June sales dropped 24 percent.

"We hit our lowest inventory level at our retailers during the month of June, but our factories are now at full production and thousands of new Infiniti models are on their way to our retailers," Ben Poore, head of Infiniti Americas, said in a statement.
Depleted stockpiles

Automakers began June with 2.18 million vehicles in stock, down from 2.3 million at the start of May. Japanese automakers, hardest hit by the earthquake, had 598,400 units in inventory at the beginning of June, down 18 percent from 730,300 cars and light trucks at the start of May.

Automakers have dialed back on incentives because of depleted inventory levels. The shift has resulted in higher new vehicle transaction prices, hitting an average of $30,009 last month, according to TrueCar.com, an online shopping site.

TrueCar estimates June incentives averaged $2,300 across the industry, down 0.2 percent from May and down 19.8 percent from June 2010.

Detroit automakers have dramatically scaled back on deals, TrueCar says, with the average Ford discount - $2,373 ? at its lowest level since September 2002, and Chrysler discounts at their lowest level since February 2003.

"The upside to a lack of inventory on some vehicles is that incentives decreased and transaction prices soared to the highest levels ever recorded ? meaning stronger profits for automakers," TrueCar analyst Jesse Toprak said in a statement. "The good news for consumers is as dealer inventory levels are replenished and supply levels return to normal, incentives will begin to increase, lowering transaction prices."

Mike Colias contributed to this report.

Atomic

not quite certain where i obtained my well sourced 120%-plus increase in jeta volkswagen jetta sales figure, but there are many different scenerios that account for that number (old vs. new '11 models and so on)...

well, today, i found the following stats from a different author. nevertheless, the numbers are impressive...

June was Jetta's Best Month Ever in the United States, with 17,105 Sales.

By: RICK KRANZ

For: Automotive News

VW's Built-for-America Jetta Roars to Record Sales Pace: July 2, 2011 - 12:01 am ET

Today's Topics

?Big man, big voice: the early years of dealer legend Red McCombs

?VW's built-for-America Jetta roars to record sales pace

?Sometimes you get what you deserve

?GM to prep plants for next-generation pickup

?Why the Ford Explorer is on a roll

NOTE: Rick Kranz is product editor for Automotive News.

Slice the price and watch buyers come running to VW dealerships.

That was Volkswagen's strategy for the redesigned 2011 Jetta sedan introduced last fall. The content was changed, the price was cut $1,600 and, yes, new buyers appeared on VW dealers' doorsteps.

The Jetta, bigger and built to American tastes, is on a record sales pace this year, despite a subsequent $500 price hike in April.

June's combined U.S. sales jumped 88 percent for the wagon (which was not redesigned) and the sedan (which was). In fact, June was Jetta's best month ever, with 17,105 sales. Six-month sales hit 91,752 units, a 66 percent jump.

So buyers must be gravitating to a low-priced model, right?

A few weeks, ago my colleague Diana T. Kurylko interviewed Jonathan Browning, CEO of Volkswagen Group of America. Browning had an interesting comment: Jetta's lower base price attracted new customers and the average transaction price increased.

"We are selling more units above $19,000 than ever before," Browning said.

After decades of trial and error, VW has figured out what Americans want.

The next test will be the U.S.-built, redesigned 2013 Passat arriving this fall.

You can reach Rick Kranz at rkranz@crain.com.

ifcar

Jetta sedan sales increased 121 percent. Combined sedan and wagon sales increased 88 percent.

Payman

So the buying public wants bigger for the money, regardless of interior quality and power.  :huh:

Atomic

here is an interesting take:

Sometimes You Get What You Deserve

For: Automotive News
By: JESSE SNYDER

On: July 1, 2011 - 4:03 pm ET

Today's Highlights:

?Big man, big voice: the early years of dealer legend Red McCombs

?VW's built-for-America Jetta roars to record sales pace

?Sometimes you get what you deserve

?GM to prep plants for next-generation pickup

NOTE: Jesse Snyder is senior writer for Automotive News

So U.S. light-vehicle sales softened in June, limping home short of even dampened expectations earlier this week. The SAAR of 11.4 million was even lower than the May SAAR nobody liked and the worst sales rate since February 2010.

So auto sales are crashing?

Nope. Automakers got what they earned. No more. No less.

Let?s review.

After the Japan earthquake in March, production got slammed. Toyota and Honda virtually ran out of product, and others got pinched. With tight inventories, everybody cut incentives. June transaction prices jumped above $30,000. Consumers got the word: No deals now; better to wait until fall.

The question isn?t ?Where did the buyers go?? It should be ?How did we sell that many??

Seriously, with popular models sold out, spiffs gone, dealers not dealing and out-the-door prices rising, what exactly is compelling buyers to showrooms?

Especially when buyers know that if they wait a month or two, somebody will dump a big ol? fat sweetener into the pot (I?m looking at you, Toyota).

So I?m not taking June?s 11.4 million SAAR as a storm signal. I see it as reassurance of strong underlying retail demand.

And I don?t think manufacturers and dealers are particularly worried either. When margins get jacked up and many customers buy anyhow, riding out an inventory crunch with hefty per-vehicle profits is not a terrible way to go.

Atomic

Quote from: Rockraven on July 02, 2011, 01:37:59 PM
So the buying public wants bigger for the money, regardless of interior quality and power.  :huh:
not an "i told you so" by any means... but when the new jetta was introduced and the details of the 2012 vw passat followed, i immediately thought about the "americanization" of the small car and midsize sedan that many in the u.s. were buying in droves... those mediocre pontiac grand ams and such. everyone thought they were getting a good value based on price alone... well, styling in the minds of others, too.

to me, the new passat looks as bland and american as the 1977 chevrolet caprice classic... nice car, but not especially ritzy. not offensive to look at. maybe the capric of the mid to late 70's or 80's were that "plan jane", but you get the point...

3.0L V6

So the buying public wants bigger for the money, regardless of interior quality and power.  :huh:

The public wants value for money. Sometimes, a nice interior and fancy suspension (among other things) aren't worth the extra money to the average buyer. As long as it looks decent, goes decent, doesn't break down and is priced right for the size (the right badge helps too), it will sell. Especially at the compact and mid-size end of the market.

It sucks from the enthusiast point of view - but it allows automakers to otherwise indulge in making cars catered to us.

ifcar

Best-sellers by class, featuring a NEW AND IMPROVED feature in the charts that dedicated squinters might actually notice:

http://www.examiner.com/cars-in-national/top-10-best-selling-cars-of-june-2011-by-class-picture

And for those interested only in the No. 1s:

Subcompact cars: Kia Soul
Compact cars: Chevrolet Cruze
Midsize cars: Chevrolet Malibu
Large cars: Chevrolet Impala
Entry-luxury cars: BMW 3-Series
Luxury cars: Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Compact SUVs: Ford Escape
Midsize SUVs: Chevrolet Equinox
Large SUVs: Chevrolet Traverse
Entry-luxury SUVs: Lexus RX
Luxury SUVs: Mercedes-Benz GL
Vans: Dodge Grand Caravan
Pickups: Ford F-Series

3.0L V6

Hmmm.... The Fiesta is on track for close to 80,000 sales this year. The Kia Soul is a shock. It's odd the Accent is doing so poorly.

The new Focus seems to be picking up steam. It's been in the top three for the last few months.

Is it bad that aside from the Fiat 500, no Chrysler product places in the top-10 for subcompact, compact or mid-size car? Or the only non-Jeep or Ram Chrysler products that placed in the top 10 are the Dodge Challenger, Charger, Grand Caravan, Chrysler 300 and Town and Country.

ifcar

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on July 02, 2011, 07:05:20 PM
Hmmm.... The Fiesta is on track for close to 80,000 sales this year. The Kia Soul is a shock. It's odd the Accent is doing so poorly.

The Soul, I can't figure either. I certainly don't see that many of them. There must be one part of the country with a massive concentration.

The Accent is in a changeover between 2011 and 2012, so inventory is low.

The new Focus seems to be picking up steam. It's been in the top three for the last few months.

Is it bad that aside from the Fiat 500, no Chrysler product places in the top-10 for subcompact, compact or mid-size car? Or the only non-Jeep or Ram Chrysler products that placed in the top 10 are the Dodge Challenger, Charger, Grand Caravan, Chrysler 300 and Town and Country.

A couple of things to note with that metric of counting Chryslers:

-There are only 10 large sedans, and not many more vans, so having products in those top 10s isn't really anything special.
-The Charger and 200 are both within hailing distance of top 10 on the midsize sedans list, and the Avenger isn't too far behind. Now that Ford and GM have shed brands, Chrysler tends to have more products than anyone else in the different market classes, dividing sales but tending to ring up decent total volume.

3.0L V6

Quote from: ifcar on July 02, 2011, 07:25:26 PM

-There are only 10 large sedans, and not many more vans, so having products in those top 10s isn't really anything special.
-The Charger and 200 are both within hailing distance of top 10 on the midsize sedans list, and the Avenger isn't too far behind. Now that Ford and GM have shed brands, Chrysler tends to have more products than anyone else in the different market classes, dividing sales but tending to ring up decent total volume.

Am I the only one that thinks the Chrysler division is somewhat redundant? Give the Avenger the 200's styling (and convertible option) and call it a day. Merge the T&C into the Grand Caravan and sell one dedicated minivan. The 300 has lost most of its edgy relevance and it shows compared to the much better sales of the Charger.

I understand why the Ram division exists - it's the fallback bail out option for Fiat if Chrysler and Dodge can't be resurrected - however, I consider the strategy of making more divisions for Fiat/Chrysler somewhat foolish.

ifcar

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on July 02, 2011, 07:33:47 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the Chrysler division is somewhat redundant? Give the Avenger the 200's styling (and convertible option) and call it a day. Merge the T&C into the Grand Caravan and sell one dedicated minivan. The 300 has lost most of its edgy relevance and it shows compared to the much better sales of the Charger.

I understand why the Ram division exists - it's the fallback bail out option for Fiat if Chrysler and Dodge can't be resurrected - however, I consider the strategy of making more divisions for Fiat/Chrysler somewhat foolish.

I feel like the 300 was moved upmarket, which explains lower sales. I don't see a problem with having both brands, because they're consolidating dealerships to carry both. It just offers more styling choices. Pick your color, pick your grille.

Atomic

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on July 02, 2011, 07:33:47 PM

it is heavily rumored that there will be very distinctive minivans from Chrysler-Dodge, with little (if anything aside from being "vans") in common between them, including size. one is going to be similar to the current duo, the other, more like a mazda5.

chrysler has just resurfaced from... well, you know, but now that chrysler-jeep/dodge-ram has "upgraded" nearly every model (from slight to significant), we can expect future models to soon be even more highly diversified. each and every model will either be all new, replaced or extremely differentiated from current models and each other. much of the recent news of their future that has normally been kept "confidential" has leaked out "on purpose" (imo) by chrysler/fiat officials, dealers at last year's annual conference held in orlando, florida, even some (made public) when chrysler pleaded for the government loan and some even via chrysler-fiat press releases.

the chrysler 300/300c and dodge charger are quite different (test both) and you will be pleasantly surprised by these two large rwd/awd sedans -- attractively their own demographics, with little cross shopping between them.

Atomic

cannot wait for iffy's june 2011 model and model-sement comparsions.  for now, here is a pretty decent accounting of overalls sales:

Friday, July 1, 2011 - 14:53

Summary of Select June US Auto Sales Figures Reported July 1

WASHINGTON (MNI) - The following is a summary of the June U.S. sales performance of select auto manufacturers announced Friday:

* General Motors dealers in the United States reported 215,358 total sales in June, an 11% gain compared to June 2010. Retail sales for GM's brands rose 16% for the month, compared to a year ago, and were 4% higher than May. Total sales for GM's full-size pickups -- Chevrolet Silverado and Avalanche, and GMC Sierra, rose 15% compared to May, while retail sales increased 20% from last month. In the first half of 2011, GM dealers in the United States have reported 1,261,633 vehicles sold -- a 192,056 unit increase over the first half of 2010 -- leading to total and retail market share gains. Total sales of GM passenger cars increased 28% during June, compared to a year ago.

* Ford's June total sales were 194,114, up 14% versus a year ago. Retail sales were up 13% and fleet sales were up 14%. Year-to-date, total sales are 1.07 million, up 12%. Retail sales were up 14% and fleet sales were up 9%.

* Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A. Friday reported June 2011 sales results of 110,937 units, a decrease of 24.1% compared to the same period last year, on a daily selling rate basis. On a raw volume basis, unadjusted for 26 selling days in June 2011 compared to 25 selling days in June 2010, TMS sales were down 21.1% from the year-ago month. The Toyota Division posted June total sales of 100,164 units, a decrease of 21.9% on a DSR basis from June 2010. Toyota Division passenger cars recorded combined sales of 51,616 units, down 29.4% from June 2010. Toyota Division light trucks recorded June sales of 48,548 units, a decrease of 11.9% compared to last year.

* Chrysler Group LLC Friday reported U.S. sales of 120,394, a 30% increase compared with sales in June 2010 (92,482 units), and the best June sales since 2007. First half 2011 Chrysler Group sales increased 21% versus the first half of 2010. Chrysler Group finished the month with a 68-day supply of inventory (314,065) units. U.S. industry sales figures for June are projected at an estimated 11.8 SAAR.

* American Honda Motor Co., Inc., posted June sales of 83,892 vehicles, a decrease of 24.3%, based on the daily selling rate, the company announced Friday. American Honda year-to-date sales reached 607,442, an increase of 1.6% versus last year, based on the daily selling rate. Honda said although production limitations caused by the March 11 earthquake in Japan continued to improve, reduced vehicle supplies adversely affected June sales results. Honda Division posted June sales of 75,184, a decrease of 24.5% versus June 2010.

* Nissan North America, Inc. Friday reported June U.S. sales of 71,941 units versus 64,570 units a year earlier, an increase of 11.4%. Nissan Division sales increased 16.7% for the month at 65,659 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles decreased 24.3% from the prior year, to 6,282 units.

* Hyundai Motor America Friday announced sales of 59,209 vehicles in June, a 16% increase compared with the same period a year ago. This represents an all-time sales record for both the month of June and the first half of the year for Hyundai, breaking the marks set last year. For the first six months of the year, total sales are up 26%, with retail volume rising 38%. Sales to fleet accounts represent 13% of the total sales year-to-date and 12% for the month of June.

* Mazda North American Operations Friday reported June sales of 19,307 vehicles, up 5.9% versus June of 2010. Sales through the first half of the year are up 5.8% versus last year with 122,379 vehicles sold.

* Volkswagen of America, Inc. Friday reported 28,444 units sold in June 2011, a 35.1% increase over prior year sales Year-to-date sales are up 22.3%. Volkswagen Jetta sales totaled 17,105 a 88.3% increase over last year.

* Subaru of America Friday announced June 2011 sales of 19,794. The company registered its best June sales for Legacy and Outback as both models continued their 3-year growth in sales. Overall year-to-date sales were up 4.83% continuing positive Subaru sales results in recent times.

* Kia Motors America's reported the best quarterly sales performance in company history -- 140,330 units -- on the strength of all-time record June sales. The June total of 45,044 vehicles represents a 41.2% increase from the same period a year earlier. KMA's year-to-date sales are up 44.1% over 2010.

* Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) Friday reported June sales of 22,563 vehicles, an 18.8% improvement over June 2010, and the company's highest June volume and first half of the year on record. On a year-to-date basis, the 118,021 vehicles sold represent a 10.4% increase.

* The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported June sales of 26,865 vehicles, an increase of 15.1% from the 23,331 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW Group is up 18% on sales of 143,521 in the first six months of 2011 compared to 121,585 in the same period in 2010.

* Audi Friday reported its sixth-straight record-setting month for 2011 with the best June U.S. sales in company history. Demand for Audi luxury vehicles increased 16.9% to 10,051 vehicles sold, from 8,601 vehicles sold in June 2010, marking the fourth-best month in Audi of America history.

* Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) Friday reported June 2011 sales of 8,299 units, nearly doubling June 2010 sales with an increase of 97.7%.

* Porsche Cars North America, Friday announced June sales of 2,546 units compared to the same period last year when it sold 2,141, an increase of 19%. So far in 2011, the company's sales are 15,542 units. In the same six-month period last year, Porsche sales were 10,983, which represents a 42% increase.

* Suzuki Friday announced U.S. sales of 2,278 in June, an increase of 12% over June last year. Year-to-date sales were 13,402, an increase of 16% over 2010.

i especially enjoy the referencing of fleet sales vs. retail.

ifcar

Quote from: Atomic on July 03, 2011, 12:58:19 PM
cannot wait for iffy's june 2011 model and model-sement comparsions.  for now, here is a pretty decent accounting of overalls sales:

Posted it yesterday: http://www.examiner.com/cars-in-national/top-10-best-selling-cars-of-june-2011-by-class-picture

SVT32V

Nice tables iffy.

Interesting to see the mustang sell more than the camaro, were there incentives on them.

I am surprised the wrangler is selling so well.

Atomic

Quote from: SVT32V on July 03, 2011, 04:56:28 PM
Nice tables iffy.

Interesting to see the mustang sell more than the camaro, were there incentives on them.

I am surprised the wrangler is selling so well.

as always, very nice job, iffy! did not see the minivan/van table for june 2011 and june '11 vs. 2010. will that be available soon. i think it was a good month for the dodge caravan/chrysler t&c. cannot find a honda odyssey anywhere in our region post-earthquake.

the mustang and camaro are true rival. i think many are awaiting for pre-order 2012 camaros, especially ragtop editions.

i, too, am amazed about the success of the wrangler/wrangler unlimited, especially when the 2012 model-year will bring about some significant changes (i.e., pentastar v6, transmission upgrade, better MPG figures, more substantial interior).

ifcar

"did not see the minivan/van table for june 2011 and june '11 vs. 2010. "

Second-to-last in the slideshow.

Atomic

found the van stats! thanks, ifcare... not back to study the figures...

SVT666

In a couple years, my family could be an all Chrysler family;  Charger R/T for me and a Durango for my wife. 

AutobahnSHO

I see Souls EVERYWHERE- I'd buy one of them, too.

Agree that Chrysler/Dodge is redundant, wonder how much it costs in advertising, plant costs, etc.. to run two brands selling (many of ) the same vehicles?
Will

Byteme

Apparently not.  GM has over a 120 day supply of pickup trucks on dealer lots across the country.  Ford has about 78.

Some other observations. 

We went by two fairly high volume Ford dealers on Saturday.  Neither had any Focus or Fiestas on the lot and only a few Fusions.  At both dealerships the storage lots for cars and trucks were less than half full. 

Saw a story that may or may not be typical.  One salesman at a dealership was quoted as saying that some Ford small cars are being sold within hours after being driven off of the transporter. 

Raza

Wow, make the Jetta worse and it sells more than double.  Maybe now they can sell the Bluesport or give us the Scirocco or create a new, sportier Corrado. 

Hmm, maybe I should just buy a Corrado...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT32V

Quote from: Raza  on July 05, 2011, 11:30:25 AM
Wow, make the Jetta worse and it sells more than double.  Maybe now they can sell the Bluesport or give us the Scirocco or create a new, sportier Corrado. 

Hmm, maybe I should just buy a Corrado...

Is the price cheaper on the jetta?

This is the land of walmart.

Raza

Quote from: SVT32V on July 05, 2011, 11:39:57 AM
Is the price cheaper on the jetta?

This is the land of walmart.

True, they did lower the base model price. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: ifcar on July 02, 2011, 08:43:17 AM
Jetta sedan sales increased 121 percent. Combined sedan and wagon sales increased 88 percent.
I am gonna say this has more to do w/the shortage of CamCordolllics than the public's newfound love of vanilla German mobiles