2012 Toyota Camry Leaked!

Started by Atomic, July 04, 2011, 11:56:03 AM

2o6

Clearly, it's the old car. Even the door shutlines and overall proportions are identical to the old car.

68_427

Quote from: 2o6 on August 23, 2011, 09:09:28 PM
Clearly, it's the old car. Even the door shutlines and overall proportions are identical to the old car.

It appears slightly smaller, I'd like to see the dimensions as it appears to have slightly less legroom in the rear like the new Malibu.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Atomic

Quote from: 68_427 on August 23, 2011, 09:07:55 PM
Looks like a Corolla and the Current Camry banged.

certainly a family resemblance, but the proportions are 100% better than the pre-intro pics seemed to portray. i like the photo showing all variants, plus the cool slideshow. the rear taillamps also appear much classier than the earlier pics suggested. the prices either stayed the same or were reduced. another plus.

Atomic

the interior (tu-tone) seats are unique, yet reminiscent of the leather seats on the new kia optima. a cooler, hipper and more youthful look than past camrys.

thewizard16

Quote from: Atomic on August 23, 2011, 09:06:13 PM
BEST PICS (and sweetest color blue!), including great interior shots... the car is already growing on me...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/08/2012-toyota-camry-officially-revealed.html?&max-results=20   :wub:
Hmm. I still don't find the exterior interesting in any way (I actually think the front looks uglier than I'd initially thought), but the interior is looking much more promising than the current model, so that's good. The steering wheel controls look like you're about to play a video game, but the center stack looks much better (the brushed metal look is nice) and the gauges are very nice looking. I still think the dash shape (with the weird ridges) is strange, but if the interior quality/style has improved, that's what matters I suppose. The wheels on the SE are crazy looking and I actually like them, but they just look odd on this car.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Atomic

well, i have been speaking highly of the '12 camry, but it is far from a great work of art. i merely think they were very smart to play it safe. a radical change, like what they can "afford" to do with the slower (but still impressive) selling avalon could have been too great a risk for the much hyped and loved "camry" as the #1 selling vehicle. you can only improve upon the classic "refrigerator" or "dishwasher" in so many ways. camry owners probably do not like major changes.

honda played it "too safe" with the 2012 honda civic sedan. in Si trim, it looks fantastic. the civic coupe looks far nicer in higher level trims (especially the Si edition), though, imo. there is a fine line to either cross or not cross. toyota made the right move, i think.