GTCC 767

Started by 2o6, July 13, 2011, 03:11:27 PM

2o6

You have done it far more than I have, with far more generic cars.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on August 02, 2011, 09:10:34 PM
You have done it far more than I have, with far more generic cars.

You misunderstand me. Generic isn't a problem; unguessable because no one has heard of it is -- for me -- a problem.

2o6

No one gets mad at Colin, or when people post concepts that no one can seem to remember.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on August 02, 2011, 10:03:04 PM
No one gets mad at Colin, or when people post concepts that no one can seem to remember.

I'm not a fan of those either, and have said so. If it's something you look at and know you don't know, you just ignore it, and then the thread sits around without activity. Again, still all just a question of my personal preference. Again, my ideal photo is one that makes you think "oh, I should have recognized that" when the answer comes out.

Colin

I agree that the thread sitting around without activity is indeed a Bad Thing.

But there is a balance here.......... is the point of this thread for people to swell their public ego and prove how much they know, or is it possibly to extend further our knowledge of the automotive landscape? if the former, frankly, there is little point, imho, and if the latter, then yes, given the vastly different levels of knowledge of the participants here, some cars will appear obscure to some of the people some of the time. Hopefully, these folk will learn more about a topic which allegedly interests them even if they are not the ones that actually successfully identify the mystery car.

CALL_911

Quote from: ifcar on August 02, 2011, 09:03:16 PM
Meh. I'm just stating my preference for something that's easy to guess at even if many of the guesses are wrong. A car that doesn't look like anything that you have to know to correctly guess doesn't make for guesses. In my opinion, it's threads like this one that have killed the activity in this forum section, because it's clear that there's no way to correctly guess it.

But again, I'm only stating a preference, and I think I went out of my way to make it clear that it's a personal preference.

I get you, but I can see the appeal of 2o6's GTCC. Personally, I thought it was a good one. I can see merit in both methods, though.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi