***Testdrove (+ Photoshoot) a 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8!!!***

Started by cawimmer430, August 12, 2011, 12:00:31 PM

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on August 12, 2011, 03:42:04 PM
A base rental-spec Challenger stickers at $25,000, less than a comparable Taurus. (Though about as sporty, too.)

Those are probably V6 versions, right?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: MrH on August 12, 2011, 03:48:29 PM
This is very true.  I got a ride with Mr. Wimmer when we were in Munich and he took a few of us around to some cool car spots.  I remember him distinctly saying, "look, I fit just fine in this 1-series, I don't know why you guys need such big cars."  In case you guys didn't know, Wimmer is probably 6'4".  He didn't look comfortable to me at all. :lol:  I'm 6'2", and even find the 1-series pretty tight.  European perceptions of what's considered a tight fight are COMPLETELY different than American standards.  It's pretty interesting to see how distinctively different the two markets are.

When I drive alone, the 1er is pretty spacious. It's a good car for singles or a small family with children but it's obviously not that ideal for five tall people. It's a nice car for young and old alike though.  :ohyeah:

But when I have people along, especially big and tall people, space becomes somewhat cramped. Below is my standard seating position. I sit in the center of the vehicle and that means no leg space for the person behind me. I can drive the car for shorter periods with my seat moved forward a bit, but it's uncomfortable.

BMW really needs to produce a FWD 1er!  :lol:

Quote from: MrH on August 12, 2011, 03:48:29 PMWimmer, awesome photo shoot!  Even better you got paid for it.  Challengers are giant cars, but overall, pretty cool.  I was hoping they'd let you do donuts in it too.  I think you should come to the US if you ever get a chance.  I think you'd be shocked at the differences between the two countries.

You've seen nothing yet! But thanks!  :cheers:

The photos from the real shoot need to be worked on. This takes some time.  :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on August 12, 2011, 04:03:11 PM

Of the major companies Sixt has a nice collection. Including a 911, and Boxster.

I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, Sixt would have an offer like that since they seem to offer some of the cooler rental cars for cheap prices.

Remember this one? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr0f1TEDBRc

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on August 12, 2011, 04:55:29 PM
Dude you really don't sound German, you speak better English than J?rgen Klinsmann

My English is so rusty these days. I forgot certain words as you can see from the video. I've not spoken English in ages. The only time I "speak" English is when I am on Carspin or Facebook!  :confused:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: SVT666 on August 12, 2011, 05:20:49 PM
Maybe now Wimmer will stop making fun of us for wanting 37825723843726789523 hp muscle cars.

37825723843726789523 hp?

COMPLETELY UNDERPOWERED CRAP!

That's so 1970s emissions control horsepower output!  :evildude:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on August 12, 2011, 01:34:21 PM
No shit douchebag.  But I have driven a Charger R/T and found the suspension to be very tight and the steering to be very good.

Right, you haven't driven it, he has.

There no sin in that, just sayin'...

GoCougs

FWIW, the 2011 V6 versions of all three pony cars are not only outstanding performers with 305+ hp but look almost as good as the V8 versions; long gone are the skinny tires and single exhaust.

hotrodalex

A V6 Camaro or Mustang would be acceptable, but I think a V8 is a requirement in the Challenger. If it's not going to handle, it better be able to scoot and make a nice noise.

Raza

Wow, even in that color, the Challenger still looks good.  And that Camaro does not.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=25453.msg1563182#msg1563182 date=1313199526
Wow, even in that color, the Challenger still looks good.  And that Camaro does not.

I think my grandma still has a fridge the same color as that except in the non metallic version  :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on August 12, 2011, 06:25:02 PM
Right, you haven't driven it, he has.

There no sin in that, just sayin'...
Huh.  It seems that argument is never good enough for when the Camaro is involved in the conversation.

The Charger R/T with the Super Track Pack (the one I drove) is supposed to be pretty equivalent to the Challenger R/T and the SRT-8 is even better.

cawimmer430

Quote from: GoCougs on August 12, 2011, 06:32:42 PM
FWIW, the 2011 V6 versions of all three pony cars are not only outstanding performers with 305+ hp but look almost as good as the V8 versions; long gone are the skinny tires and single exhaust.

Good to hear. A modern V6 in a muscle car isn't a base engine anymore but actually seems to provide decent performance. Should be enough to satisfy most people with some sporting pretensions.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Atomic

amazing how hot the challenger looks in this gorgeous bright green. looks very classic. dodge did an outstanding job designing the "new" challenger. the stripes are cool, sporty... perfect with the stylish wheels. most SRT-8 challengers i see lack the "must have" optional power operated tilt & slide sunroof. this baby's got it all, eh?!

omicron

Wow. I really want a green Challenger, especially now that it comes with a 392ci badge.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

omicron

I like very much, Wims, that it looks as if you've eased up on the LSD effect, or HDR, or whatever it's called.

cawimmer430

Quote from: omicron on August 17, 2011, 09:15:03 AM
I like very much, Wims, that it looks as if you've eased up on the LSD effect, or HDR, or whatever it's called.

Three of the images are HDR. The boss thought the HDR effect would suit the car well. I've been distancing myself from HDR but I've also got to do what the client wants. :-)

The rest of the images are highly edited. I basically used my SB-900 and ambient light for illumination effects.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Galaxy

It kind of looks like some green light is radiating off the Challenger and bouncing off the the walls, and ceiling.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on August 17, 2011, 02:12:30 PM
It kind of looks like some green light is radiating off the Challenger and bouncing off the the walls, and ceiling.

I did fire the SB-900 at full power at the ceiling (bounce flash) with the reflector card out for some shots. For others I aimed the light at the car and used a diffuser on top.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

L. ed foote

Member, Self Preservation Society

Atomic

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on August 12, 2011, 08:11:43 PM
I think my grandma still has a fridge the same color as that except in the non metallic version  :lol:

re-runs of "the brady bunch", the 70s classic television program. another show i watched to see the cools cars, like the father's 'cuda convertible that the eldest son (greg) ruined on his date to the drive-in... well the ragtop, not the actual top. another show with even greater chrysler products, "the beverly hillbillies" - sweet chrysler imperials, newports, new yorkers, etc.

i recall the brady's owning a non-metallic (yet similar to the '11 challenger's color) green satellite station wagon and either '70s era orange or green kitchen. cannot recall much, except for the cars. damn, i used to watch too many "nick at night" reruns, eh?! guilty  :facepalm:

cawimmer430

Here are all the photos. Took a long time to edit and prepare them so ENJOY them, that's an order!!!  :cheers:

And here is the big boss with his daughter.  :ohyeah:

One of these days I'd love to shoot a 1980s Ford LTD or Chevrolet Caprice Classic, preferably in police or taxi guise.  :praise:  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 12, 2011, 12:00:31 PM

1973 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER SUSPENSION - LITERALLY
This was perhaps the biggest letdown. Even in Munich traffic, at 40-50 km/h around a corner this thing felt like it would tip over.

You really should try actually driving a 70s era American full-sized sedan.  A Challenger, even the non-SRT models, is many times firmer and corners far flatter.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on September 02, 2011, 02:40:36 PM
You really should try actually driving a 70s era American full-sized sedan.  A Challenger, even the non-SRT models, is many times firmer and corners far flatter.

Believe me, I want to.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

hotrodalex

Imagine a lazyboy reclining chair on wheels going around a corner. Probably about the same feeling.

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 02, 2011, 03:05:00 PM
Imagine a lazyboy reclining chair on wheels going around a corner. Probably about the same feeling.

This might make BMW and Driver's **** go limp, but not mine.  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de