Project SE

Started by Run Away, September 28, 2005, 03:08:54 PM

Run Away

One on the left is the '88...you can tell by the cable for the speedo instead of the electronic sensor on the '90.

Anybody know how to take a clutch off?

Random pic of my abandonned bike..

footoflead

its hard to tell for sure..but the bolts to remove the clutch from the flywheel should be right here in this area...i'm sure you figured it out by now..but i thought i would throw this out there for anybody else that was interested to B)

Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raghavan

I see the bike got abandoned after the Ludes came Ben. :lol:

280Z Turbo

What do you mean? Just take off the bolts on the pressure plate!

You may need to put a rachet on the underdrive pulley bolt so that the crank doesn't turn. You definately need to do that to remove the flywheel.

Run Away

Obviously, but I've never seen "bolts" like this before....

My socket set doesn't have anything that fits that.

280Z Turbo

Did you try a wrench with an end like this:

Run Away

Just did, thanks Sean.

Now to figure out how to keep the engine from turning over...

280Z Turbo

I held a big ratchet on the underdrive pulley bolt while a friend used an even bigger ratchet to free the flywheel bolts.

However, my engine was on the ground, not in a stand.

Run Away

Mine's just sitting in a wagon.
Thanks for the tips, gotta get that car ont he road.

footoflead

QuoteObviously, but I've never seen "bolts" like this before....

My socket set doesn't have anything that fits that.
looks like a standard 12 point to me....is that right

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

Another part on the way.
Got the pod and three gauges, water temp, oil pres, and volts.
I'll probably be selling the gauges since they're mechanical and I don't like the idea of oil running inside the cabin.

Run Away

Okay, this is the color I will be painting the SE when it's all done.
Taken today at work, the car is a '68 Ford Galaxie

Taken with flash

Run Away

Run Away

footoflead

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

New DC Sports ceramic-coated header... this one is for a 2.1L engine, note it'd 02 sensor bung is on the downpipe, and that there is only one. The other has two, on the upper manifold.
Everything is pretty dinky compared to the turbo downpipe though. :devil:

giant_mtb

Your house is very yellow-y.

footoflead

QuoteYour house is very yellow-y.
just the lighting he has goin...

i bet if he got a full spectrum light then it would look more natural

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

280Z Turbo

Having 2 O2 bungs is nice for tuning. Is that why they have an extra one?

A guy from the Z-car club has an LM-1 (A/F sensor) that he was willing to let me borrow, but I don't have a bung and don't know how to weld.

footoflead

QuoteHaving 2 O2 bungs is nice for tuning. Is that why they have an extra one?

A guy from the Z-car club has an LM-1 (A/F sensor) that he was willing to let me borrow, but I don't have a bung and don't know how to weld.
Time to learn ;)

i at least want to have some basic welding skills before i start any project cars

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Run Away

Yeah, the yellow is just the tinge that the camera puts on pics when I take them at night (with the lights on).

The two 02 bung version is the older one, not as accurate as the single 02 sensor.
The older one uses two single wire sensors, the new one has a single heated 4 wire sensor.

Run Away

Saw it again for the first time in 6 months.

Threw a battery in it, disconnected the coil, turned it over for a second, reconnected the coil and it fired up on the first revolution. :praise:

I forgot how nice of a car this was, after a good waxing the paint will look stunning.

footoflead

Okay so whats the deal with blackie right now

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

JYODER240

You have 3 right? A black, blue, and red?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Run Away

Blackie is getting a rebuilt engine and I'm contemplating putting in a different transmission (a 90/91 spec one, with lower gears and a 5th gear that doesn't grind).

I've got 4 right now, two reds, a black and a blue, but one red I will be sending to the crusher within a month.

Rupert

Jesus man! Where do you get the money/time/space?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Run Away

Money - work full time, no expenses (live with my parents, only expenditures are cell, insurance, gas)

Time - I've got nothing else to do

Space - My parents will work out a deal where I can have a second car in the driveway for a limited amount of time, but I have deadlines. I also rent two parking spots, and I'm about to rent another for my spare engines & other misc Prelude bits.

280Z Turbo

QuoteMoney - work full time, no expenses (live with my parents, only expenditures are cell, insurance, gas)

Time - I've got nothing else to do

Space - My parents will work out a deal where I can have a second car in the driveway for a limited amount of time, but I have deadlines. I also rent two parking spots, and I'm about to rent another for my spare engines & other misc Prelude bits.
I'm sure he makes money selling parts too. You can actually end up in the black if you're smart about it.

I always thought you had a pole barn of some sort, Ben.

I'm filling up an 8x8 shed full of 280Z/280ZX parts, not to mention the stuff that's spread out over the pole barn. Where did all this crap come from?

Run Away

I make some money back, but I've only broken even on one car (the white one). The cars are all pretty cheap, so it's not like I've got boatloads of money. I think I'm making maybe $15k per year right now.

Having my own little storage place where I can work on the cars may be a possibility in a little while, my dad has offered to build a garage (4 car maybe bigger) on some land that belongs to family friends. Basically, he'll pay for the building and I'll slowly pay him back, and after like 20 years or so the building will belong to the land owners. That way I can work on the cars whenever I want, which is my biggest limiting factor really.
I could have my red car all fixed and sold for a nice profit if I had the space to work on it.

280Z Turbo

QuoteI make some money back, but I've only broken even on one car (the white one). The cars are all pretty cheap, so it's not like I've got boatloads of money. I think I'm making maybe $15k per year right now.

Having my own little storage place where I can work on the cars may be a possibility in a little while, my dad has offered to build a garage (4 car maybe bigger) on some land that belongs to family friends. Basically, he'll pay for the building and I'll slowly pay him back, and after like 20 years or so the building will belong to the land owners. That way I can work on the cars whenever I want, which is my biggest limiting factor really.
I could have my red car all fixed and sold for a nice profit if I had the space to work on it.
I might even buy that car from you if the U.S. wasn't so wacky about importing cars.