Most boring car you've ever driven?

Started by 2o6, August 21, 2011, 10:21:49 PM

Byteme

Quote from: 2o6 on August 21, 2011, 10:21:49 PM
What is the most boring car you have ever driven?

78 Toyota Corolla.  Turd brown with a brown interior.  One of the most lifeless, souless cars ever, IMO.   75 pavement ripping horses.

Picture it in an ugly dark brown

Raza

Hate to use a cliche, but it had to be the either the 2004 Camry automatic or the 2009 Camry stick I drove.  I'd have to say the automatic was worse, since in the stick you had to at least pay a little attention.  The first gen Scion xB was close though.  Even my Nissan Sentra rental car was more fun, since it was such an underpowered piece of shit with a terrible transmission.  At least it handled okay. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

3.0L V6

Another vote for Toyota.

In this case, a 2010 Corolla. While a thoroughly competent vehicle with excellent fuel economy, it was completely passionless, even when winding out the engine on twisty, uphill passing lanes.

Runner up was an '09 Hyundai Sonata I rented - Hyundai appeared to benchmark the Camry and hit the mark almost perfectly. A pleasant highway car, but not one ounce of sport in it.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Payman

Lol, 2 of my cars have been mentioned... G5 and 95 Mustang V6. Retirement car can't come soon enough.

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on August 22, 2011, 05:54:24 AM
The point of an AWD Subaru isn't to be exciting to drive but to help you get to an interesting place to do interesting things, without the extra bulk and cost of an SUV. There are multiple types of fun cars, and they don't all have to do with what you feel from the driver's seat.

It was boring.

cawimmer430

Can't decide: early 1990s Nissan Sentra 1.3, early 1990s Kia Pride 1.3, early 1990s Toyota Corolla 1.6 or an early 1990s Toyota Tamarraw 1.5?

I think I'll go with the Toyota Tamarraw for the sole reason that this thing truly defined UNDERPOWERED. It had something like 56-horsepower which actually did a decent job of moving the car - until you switched on the A/C. Then those 56-horses became something like, um, 12-hp? Seriously, you could be accelerating slowly - then switch on the A/C - and the car would stop accelerating. The needle would be stuck at whatever speed you were and wouldn't go up - it'd actually go down and the car would decelerate. What the fuck?  :tounge:

Man, I'd love to see BMW and Driver review that car.

Looked like this but was maroon red. Why are all Toyota Tamarraws on google RICED OUT?  :confused:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

hotrodalex

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 21, 2011, 10:53:03 PM
This is false. Most small cars are set up with moderate to unbearable understeer in order to produce a more stable and predictable platform with their short wheelbases. The exceptions are in the minority.

Most small cars may be said to be maneuverable, but this is not the same thing.

My Saturn understeers a little bit normally, but if it's gravel, dirt, or snow it will flick like a boss. (sometimes it can be fun, sometimes it's just annoying - like when you can't brake on ice, even in a straight line, without the rear end trying to step out)

2o6

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 24, 2011, 08:29:44 PM
My Saturn understeers a little bit normally, but if it's gravel, dirt, or snow it will flick like a boss. (sometimes it can be fun, sometimes it's just annoying - like when you can't brake on ice, even in a straight line, without the rear end trying to step out)

I would fishtail almost every morning in my Neon in the winter.

Then again, I did have good tires up front, and bad ones in the back.

68_427

If I want the rear to come out with my car I can get on the gas.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

ChrisV

tie between the '84 Renault Alliance my folks had for years and the '07 Sonata I had rented to go pick up my BMW with. Both were lifelss, slow, ill handling cars (the Alliance was the second slowest car I've ever driven)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Northlands

1988 Dodge Lancer ( also made as a Chrysler LeBaron ).

All the handling of an air mattress and next to no power under the hood ( perhaps it needed a tune.. but it was sloooooow. ) Pretty plain to look at. It got me around for a week though while visiting relatives. I'll give it credit for that.  :lol:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Autobahn

The newer ones:

2009 ? Chevy Cobalt - white - thank you Hertz :(
Any model year Golf that is not a GT* or R - how boring can it get... -it truly is Germany's Camry...

Secret Chimp

2004 Camry. Noooothing going on there.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.