Cautiously, I put these renderings out there....

Started by 2o6, August 24, 2011, 06:34:36 PM

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on March 20, 2012, 04:59:30 PM
Where?  Certainly not here.  People were praising you here for the coupe.  It's beautiful.  But your A and B segment cars offer nothing (especially style) over anything on the market today.  The coupe on the other hand would be one of the better looking coupes on the road.

I don't just post here.

2o6

I put a more finished model in RACER.

Still having problems with the suspension, it's very understeer-y, and the front springs are too short and too soft.

hounddog

It blows.

Stab yourself in the eyes, for the love of God, stab yourself in the eyes and end this nightmare!

Actually, pretty neat (the background and car, not the car itself)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

2o6

hounddog

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

2o6

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

2o6

hounddog

Quote from: 2o6 on April 01, 2012, 12:48:34 PM
Screw your mom.
My mom is dead.

I would have to dig 6 feet, then remove the concrete cover, too much work.  How about I just screw your mom... again?
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

2o6

Quote from: hounddog on April 01, 2012, 12:49:26 PM
My mom is dead.

I would have to dig 6 feet, then remove the concrete cover, too much work.  How about I just screw your mom... again?

You have low standards if you do that...

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Speed_Racer

Atomic

2o6, reading your entry post, i say no fear... everyone here is mighty cool. i used to post far more controversial threads unrelated to cars under the "general news" heading -- going blank on the exact title here at spin. discussions based on why all of us are here (vehicles) often bring about deep passion. topics, not people are what i see as "love" or "hate" -- my definition of passion. i am far less inclined to chat about politics, pro-life vs. pro-choice kind of matters than any and all aspects of cars.

the renderings are awesome! great post, BTW  :mrcool:

rohan

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

2o6

I think I can finally close the book on the model. I did a few glamour shots, and I'm starting to finish up the interior and texturing. The all new Aviva Cil!

Remember the original model looked like this....

I have no interior shots, it's not done, thus the very dark window tint.

(Impression model shown)

(Exhibition)

(Spirit)

(Fabri - shown with optional lowering springs)

(Fabri)

(Fabri)

(Grace)

(Ambition - with 19" wheels)

(Spirit)

(Exhbition)

(Fabri)

(Ambition)

The model grades rank as

Spirit
Exhibition
Impression
Fabri
Ambition
Grace

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

A couple new ideas

B-segment MPV has gotten a new greenhouse and roofline. Been experimenting with matte and shiny trim. It's got smoothing errors that I need to solve, though.

IRL, this would be my attack plan for the BRZ/FT86.

One from above; a 4-door FWD-based coupe that may not be able to match driving dynamics, but simply be able to walk away from the car in terms of sheer numbers. Power would come from a large four cylinder, and a V6 (with AWD).

Based upon this model.

Then from below with a 2-seat RWD coupe. Before you say "Hey, isn't this just the RWD coupe?" Well, it is. I did a quick change of proportions to make the car a little more....youthful? This car is more akin to the Miata, where as the other car is more like the 370Z. I'm such an idiot, I didn't save this model, so this picture is all that is left.

By comparison, the RWD Coupe.

SVT666

In that picture it looks like a roadster...and it looks awesome as a roadster.  This is the only model you have done that has any promise man, but it has a lot of it.

hounddog

Quote from: SVT666 on April 17, 2012, 12:20:38 AM
In that picture it looks like a roadster...and it looks awesome as a roadster.  This is the only model you have done that has any promise man, but it has a lot of it.
I am not so sure, I kind of like that first "bus" thing in the first of this new group.  I hate the entire grill area entirely, but the rest of it is actually neat.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

2o6

Just as an update on getting the Pekoe in game

I sent out the physics I had written to a guy who knows the game better than I. He was able to fix everything I got wrong, as well as clean up un necessary redundancies in the shader.

I got brake lights and reverse lights working, however, I somehow neglected to insert eh CHMSL when I exported the model. I must have gotten my materials mixed up, and the light isn't modeled. I may just ignore it, but it's bothering me.

The wheels need to be textured, there's no tire texture on the wheels. They also use five materials, when I could cut that down to three.

There's no gauges.

I will have three "variants" an 800cc turbo (shown, making around 75HP) a 1.3L four cylinder (100HP) and a 1.2L diesel (~80HP). A sporty model will come later.

The handling is right where I want it, and the model looks pretty good. It's going to be nice to have a car that isn't a Forza 4 conversion and has been made "hellaflush" with absurd performance.

I also realized that there are no mirrors. Oh well.

2o6

This model is not quite as far. Physics are generally OK, but there are some issues I need to resolve

Texture wrapping is imperfect (see headlights and tail lights)

I don't know how well these wheels suit the look of the car; I think I need more sidewall.

Automatic transmission script doesn't always agree with the gearing; it tends to breeze through 2nd too quickly, then hold 3rd until the end of time until it finally changes into 4th.

I still don't have a name for it....I may use Kenosha, which you guys recall was the name for this:

Which I vehemently defended.....I apologize.

2o6

I have learned a thing or two, and the sedan's overall modeling quality is much better than the small hatch.

Eye of the Tiger

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on May 03, 2012, 08:39:50 PM
I had either chosen the names Kenosha, or Madison.

Wisconsion sucks. Except the cheese. Cheese rocks. Name cars after cheese.

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 03, 2012, 08:41:39 PM
Wisconsion sucks. Except the cheese. Cheese rocks. Name cars after cheese.

Alfa names their cars after cities in Italy. Why can't I name mine after cities in Wisconsin?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on May 03, 2012, 08:48:11 PM

Alfa names their cars after cities in Italy. Why can't I name mine after cities in Wisconsin?

Do you build your cars in Wisconsin?