Cautiously, I put these renderings out there....

Started by 2o6, August 24, 2011, 06:34:36 PM

2o6

A-segment now has a name! Aviva "Pekoe".

Aside from needing to be textured, it's pretty much fully modeled. Seperated bumpers and interior is pretty much complete

Interior accommodations are a little tight

I was so ahead, I could actually create a sport model.

B-segment

Almost done.

Interior accommodations

Not much on the C-segment

I also made this cheap sedan for developing markets like China, India and South America. Before you get all upset that I'm spending time making ANOTHER economy car, this is an older model. I was looking though some older models I made, and I came across this one that I was able to work into a small cheap sedan

Old model

Laconian

Hatch looks pretty good. I don't like how you style the rears of your sedans, though.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on September 30, 2011, 02:24:56 PM
Hatch looks pretty good. I don't like how you style the rears of your sedans, though.

The little hatch? Or the bigger hatch?

Laconian

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on September 30, 2011, 02:37:58 PM
Big.

Oh wow, I'm surprised. I'm on the fence on it, and it does not make a sedan very well at all.

After several tries, this is the best result I got.

I might use this

and treat them as separate models.

2o6

Update:

The low-cost sedan (Akin to the VW Gol, Dacia Logan or the Chevy Sail) has been remodeled slightly, proportions slightly changed. I think I may either name it 'Ituva' or 'Kenosha'

I even made this "Coupe Utility" as a bit of an experiment to compete with cars like the Fiat Strada, Chevy Montana, VW Saviero et, al. Technically, it's not made very well at all. If I decide to actually make one, I'll model it a whole lot better.

Not much done on the A-segment (Named "Pekoe")

B-segment Hatch is nearly complete

B-segment sedan - Instead of simply slapping a trunk onto the hatchback, I used an old save state of the hatchback and pretty much made an entirely new car from that. The result is something that is intentionally a sedan, rather than an awkward looking hatch with a growth for a trunk.

The interior dashboard shared between the cars

C-segment sedan had some proportional changes (not as tall)

and lastly, a work on a new RWD thing. I meant it to be a sort of Miata/Solstice thingy, but it looks more like a 370Z competitor....oh well.

Convertible

Eye of the Tiger

That interior looks like a uterus, but I like the pickup.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

2o6

Okay.

It only has like a 1.5L engine.....and a solid axle rear.....and no 4WD option.

No love for the other cars?

Eye of the Tiger

I said I like the pickup. You don't want to know how I feel about the others. But your skill with the Blender or what-have-you is pretty good.

Vinsanity

Among the sedans, I actually think the first one looks best; the C-pillar looks exactly like that from a Kia Optima.

The sport coupe looks just fabulous. You should let your hair down on that one and drop an 8000-rpm 2.0L straight six under the hood or something.

2o6

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 30, 2011, 10:42:36 AM
Among the sedans, I actually think the first one looks best; the C-pillar looks exactly like that from a Kia Optima.

The sport coupe looks just fabulous. You should let your hair down on that one and drop an 8000-rpm 2.0L straight six under the hood or something.

2.2L Four cylinder or 3.2L V6; tuned options from other cars in the lineup.

Engines for the cars when I FINALLY get them in game

A-segment

- 800cc ~70HP
- 1.3L ~ 90HP
-1.2D ~60HP

B-segment

- 1.3L ~90HP
-1.5L ~120-130HP
- 1.7L ~150HP
-1.2D ~ 60HP
- 1.6D ~ 90HP

C-segment

Same options as the B-segment, but, minus the 1.3L and add an optional 2.2L making ~200HP, and a 2.0D making around 140HP

Cheap sedan

1.3L ~80HP

1.5L ~110HP - No diesel

2o6

2o6

Not sure why you guys like the pickup....from the B-piller forward, it's exactly the same as the first sedan.

I prefer the hatches, but each one to his own?

I'm glad you guys like the sporty coupe.

2o6

A little more updates.

Cheap sedan got a facelift and the interior modeling is nearly complete. (Central mounted gauge clusters are so much easier to model)

I tried morphing the sedan into a hatchback without remodeling parts (rear doors), not sure how it turned out. Some angles it looks OK, others it reads strange.

City car has a little detailing at the rear, but the interior is pretty much entirely remodeled.

Not much on the B-segment.

The B-segment sedan has front and rear bumpers separated, as well as the trunk.

(my favorite angle)

FR coupe, not much done. Sloppy separation of doors, and a bit of taillight work.

Cookie Monster

The proportions on your coupe are fucking amazing. :clap:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

giant_mtb

93JC

Quote from: 2o6 on October 29, 2011, 12:50:32 PM
and lastly, a work on a new RWD thing. I meant it to be a sort of Miata/Solstice thingy, but it looks more like a 370Z competitor....oh well.

:confused:

Who are you and what have you done with 2o6?

MrH

Yeah, wow.  :clap:  Much better than your previous work.  Some of the details still resemble a melted bar of soap :lol:, but the proportions are spot on.

And you wonder why I tell you to go to college?  You could do this shit and get paid for it instead of working at Chuck-E-Cheese or K-mart or Apple.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CALL_911

Quote from: MrH on November 24, 2011, 12:01:58 PM
Yeah, wow.  :clap:  Much better than your previous work.  Some of the details still resemble a melted bar of soap :lol:, but the proportions are spot on.

And you wonder why I tell you to go to college?  You could do this shit and get paid for it instead of working at Chuck-E-Cheese or K-mart or Apple.

+1

Go the fuck to college, man. Stop fucking around with these dead-end jobs.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

2o6

MrH

:facepalm:

You're so short sighted, it's painful.  If you dump this much of your free time into this, imagine how hard you'd work at it if you were getting paid?  And you have a lot better resources at your disposal?  And you had people teaching you how to get better?

If you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life...

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Vinsanity

Quote from: 2o6 on November 24, 2011, 12:51:31 PM
It's so expensive...

You can justify almost any decision you make, but what would you regret more? Taking a chance on yourself and pursuing your passion, or continuing to live among the despair that slowly eats away at your soul?

2o6

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 24, 2011, 01:44:54 PM
You can justify almost any decision you make, but what would you regret more? Taking a chance on yourself and pursuing your passion, or continuing to live among the despair that slowly eats away at your soul?

I don't think there is a remote chance I can afford it.

Laconian

Tave

Quote from: 2o6 on November 24, 2011, 01:50:48 PM
I don't think there is a remote chance I can afford it.

How would you know until you apply and get an idea about the aid packages schools are willing to offer you?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

The coupe is fucking hot man.  You should be proud of that one, cause it's awesome.  When you get that one finished you could shop it around to get a job as long as you get your ass to college.  Don't take this the wrong way, but this is the first thing you have ever done that made me think you could do this for a living...and now I really do think you could.  Stop wasting time on those little shit boxes and focus on the sport coupe.  That's your ticket man.

hounddog

Quote from: 2o6 on September 30, 2011, 01:46:53 PM

Why is this car yelling at me?

:huh:

The newer ones are quite alot better.  Quite alot.  The other guys are right, go to college and give yourself a future.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.