Top Ten Cars Deserving to Fail: Your Guesses?

Started by Atomic, August 28, 2011, 04:19:18 PM

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=25562.msg1572970#msg1572970 date=1314717713
The X-Type wasn't bad.  It just wasn't as good as its competition.  I drove one back to back with my Passat and wouldn't have traded the Passat for the Jag.  It was a very good looking car, but not enough to propel it beyond the rest of the cars in its class. 

The high price didn't help. IIRC, the Jag was more expensive than the 3-series and it's contemporaries.

Byteme

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=25562.msg1572970#msg1572970 date=1314717713
The X-Type wasn't bad.  It just wasn't as good as its competition.  I drove one back to back with my Passat and wouldn't have traded the Passat for the Jag.  It was a very good looking car, but not enough to propel it beyond the rest of the cars in its class. 

What didn't help was the "Jaguar Community"  never considered it a Jaguar.  It was always looked upon by most of them (marque snobs) as a Ford in Jaguar clothing. 

Atomic

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 29, 2011, 08:49:12 PM
This article is one of the worst I've ever read, not only is it unimaginative and myopic, its historically inaccurate. Not a single car on the list is remotely deserving of the author's pedantic and condescending tone.

i agree fully. the comments here are far more interesting and the opinions of fellow spinners, better choices. it looks hideous, imo.

as a nissan fan, i get no satisfaction being critical of the "new" murano cabriolet. nissan should have stopped at the concept phase. i must add this to "our list" here at 'spin  :cry:

Atomic

Quote from: MiataJohn on August 30, 2011, 09:41:23 AM
What didn't help was the "Jaguar Community"  never considered it a Jaguar.  It was always looked upon by most of them (marque snobs) as a Ford in Jaguar clothing. 

the same snobs did not see to like what i think was called the "J" model sedan. i really liked it at the time.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: MiataJohn on August 30, 2011, 09:00:01 AM
I can't disagree about your reasoning on the Yugo. But (you knew there would be a but :lol:)even at tha price point it was poorly made.  Which begs the question.  Should an entry level economy car have some minimums that should be met?  Is there such a thing as too cheap for it's own good and the good of the driver and passengers? 

It's OK: they just kept dropping the price until it was a reasonable deal.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator