Florida sued for ticketing motorists who warn others of speed traps

Started by ChrisV, August 31, 2011, 12:51:07 PM

r0tor

What's a texan to do without a cowboy hat and a bottle of whiskey?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

dazzleman

Quote from: NomisR on September 20, 2011, 10:55:47 AM
Yeah, I hate those guys too.  I usually pass cops 10-15 over without much of a problem.  But most of those times, I'm not in the passing lane. 

I wish people would realize that creating traffic and congestion is many times more dangerous than speeding.  Speeding is not holding anyone up, but lane camping makes the road more dangerous for other drivers.

Lane camping is dangerous because of what it forces the drivers behind them to do to pass, when passing should be clean.  It can affect the traffic patterns on the road in a negative way for a considerable distance back.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: MiataJohn on September 20, 2011, 01:15:54 PM
A few posts earlier it was just two people, now it's several others?    :huh:

Don't believe everything people tell you about drinking and driving, or drinking and doing anything for that matter.  Iit's been my experience that there is a large amount of "macho - look what I can do and or did while drunk" in most of those kind of conversations.

BTW, your manager apparently needs professional help concerning his drinking problem.

There will always be stories like that, and not just in Texas.

The pastor of a church around here had a serious alcohol problem.  He was also the local police chaplain.  He was pulled over many times for drunk driving, and usually they just took him back to the church.  But even with this special treatment, he ended up getting arrested for drunk driving twice.  Worse yet, it turned out that he had been having an affair with a young man (around 18) who went to the church.  The young man's stepfather blew the whistle on that one.  What a mess.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!