Honda confirms new NSX.

Started by 565, September 14, 2011, 08:46:08 PM

SVT_Power

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 15, 2011, 08:08:57 PM
But it's not the new NSX. Nowhere near it, not by any measure.

I'd agree with sporty on this one. The NSX brought a lot of new innovations to the market. All aluminum construction, aluminum suspension bits, titanium con rods, VTEC (well not the first ever VTEC car, but first to the american market), etc.

Not to mention Senna was involved with the development, which adds massive coolness factor IMO
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Soup DeVille

Quote from: SVT_Power on September 15, 2011, 10:53:48 PM
I'd agree with sporty on this one. The NSX brought a lot of new innovations to the market. All aluminum construction, aluminum suspension bits, titanium con rods, VTEC (well not the first ever VTEC car, but first to the american market), etc.

Not to mention Senna was involved with the development, which adds massive coolness factor IMO

Dan Gurney gave a lot of input into the NA Miata.

Gurney>>Senna.:: Miata>>NSX.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

VTEC_Inside

Honda can bite me.

They've systematically removed the fun factor from everything they make.

All they had left was the Civic Si, and they finally neutered that in the most recent iteration.

Nothing but talk and excuses have come from them for quite some time now.

So new NSX? If it does ever make it to the showrooms be prepared for a let down. People expecting a successor to the NSX will be as sorrily disappointed as those that expected the CR-Z to be a successor to the CR-X.
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

VTEC_Inside

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=25715.msg1581544#msg1581544 date=1316108529
I'd be willing to be bet that the Audi R8 is easier to maintain than the NSX was, honestly.  That V8 is out of an RS4, there are fewer specialized parts--at least it seems that way.  The NSX was basically all bespoke.

My buddy has owned 2 of them now. I've been with him to a couple of NSX meets and spoken face to face with people from the forums. Bottom line is that the NSX seems to be about as problematic as my Accord, that is to say that nothing ever seems to go wrong with the things. One guy at the last meet had 300,000kms on the NSX that he bought new, that one was even supercharged. Aside from the pricey timing belt replacement, I can't recall hearing about any major common issue.
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

Onslaught

:he said:

I don't know anyone well that's got one. But I go to a local car show every month and it has about 5 NSX's guys show up. I've talked to them before because if I can't find an FD RX-7 one day that's good enough for me to buy I'll look into an NSX. They all have said the same thing that these guys have said.

Atomic

chevrolet has the corvette as its image car. dodge will have its viper back on the market soon. these sports cars are critical, i think. acura will see far more showroom traffic with a new NSX. i hope to be first in line and while there check out the TL SH-AWD sedan.

Onslaught

I don't buy that a sports car helps sell your other cars. Toyota hasn't had a sports car in years and they sell well. Honda isn't having problems selling cars.
I've always looked at that as bull poo. Mazda has made all kinds of sports cars and they can't sell anything.

Atomic

Quote from: Onslaught on September 16, 2011, 02:47:19 PM
I don't buy that a sports car helps sell your other cars. Toyota hasn't had a sports car in years and they sell well. Honda isn't having problems selling cars.
I've always looked at that as bull poo. Mazda has made all kinds of sports cars and they can't sell anything.

i agree that it is not contingent, but i do think a sports car might lure its share of admirers to the showroom. i drove to the dodge dealership about once a week when the viper was introduced... well, every time i heard that our small town dodge dealership would get one in, as well. word traveled fast.

Onslaught

Quote from: Atomic on September 16, 2011, 03:06:09 PM
i agree that it is not contingent, but i do think a sports car might lure its share of admirers to the showroom. i drove to the dodge dealership about once a week when the viper was introduced... well, every time i heard that our small town dodge dealership would get one in, as well. word traveled fast.
Well yea. I went to the Ford dealer to look at the Ford GT when it was out. I went by the Nissan dealer to look at the 370Z when it came out. And so on and so on.
But I never walked over to the other cars or wanted to buy them because of the sports cars made by the manufacture. Are people really that dumb?

NomisR

Atomic

Quote from: Onslaught on September 16, 2011, 03:18:03 PM
Well yea. I went to the Ford dealer to look at the Ford GT when it was out. I went by the Nissan dealer to look at the 370Z when it came out. And so on and so on.
But I never walked over to the other cars or wanted to buy them because of the sports cars made by the manufacture. Are people really that dumb?

i hear ya, but i tend to sit in nearly everything on the floor. today, i stopped at a mega dealership to take a close look at the new 2012 audi A6 and was tempted to buy either a volvo S60 or audi A4 -- both loaded with AWD, navigation, etc. at nearly $4,000.00 off/vehicle, i may return at trade-in time. i must have AWD next time. thanks to the A6 (out of my price range), i have added two more cars to my wish list  ;)

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Raza

Quote from: 68_427 on September 17, 2011, 09:24:18 AM
The S60 would be great. 

Yeah, it's great, but then you want a new car 30 minutes later. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Atomic

Quote from: 68_427 on September 17, 2011, 09:24:18 AM
The S60 would be great. 

sweet *ss car! cannot wait to read this week's autoweek magazine in the mailbox today. the periodical features a story on the 2012 S60 R. ahh... great bedtime reading and dreaming  :winkguy: