Entry-lux Coupes

Started by Vinsanity, September 23, 2011, 03:57:59 PM

Which do you fancy?

BMW 335i: $44,100
13 (54.2%)
Infiniti G37: $43,350
3 (12.5%)
Cadillac CTS: $44,220 (6MT Performance Pkg)
4 (16.7%)
Mercedes-Benz C350: $42,370
1 (4.2%)
Audi A5 2.0T: $37,100
1 (4.2%)
nothx. want moar d00rs.
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

2o6

Quote from: 93JC on September 29, 2011, 03:21:24 AM
I don't recognize that particular car and can't tell what the emblem on the steering wheel is, but I'm not wrong when I dismiss that car as some weird Citroen, am I?

C3 Picasso

And the A-piller is still bad.....especially the first one.

SVT666

A-pillars are worse in GM cars than they are in Ford and Chrysler I can tell you that.  When I drove the Camaro, it was like trying to look around a tree trunk.

Laconian

:hesaid:

GM vehicles seem to be designed to comfort the reptilian parts of our brains.

LOTS OF METAL. NO WINDOW FOR SEE SCARY THING. FEEL BIG. SAAAAFE
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on September 29, 2011, 10:49:26 AM
:hesaid:

GM vehicles seem to be designed to comfort the reptilian parts of our brains.

To be fair, it does work. The new Cruze is probably the most secure and comfortable feeling compact on the market.

omicron

Quote from: 2o6 on September 29, 2011, 10:51:42 AM
To be fair, it does work. The new Cruze is probably the most secure and comfortable feeling compact on the market.

What fizzle. No point feeling secure if you're already halfway through the crash.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 2o6 on September 29, 2011, 10:51:42 AM
Being able to see + avoid potential accidents >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being encased in a slab of granite you can't see through

I haven't driven the Cruze, but the Elantra is refined enough for me... chasing more refinement at the expense of higher weight seems like going beyond the point of diminishing returns...

2o6

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 30, 2011, 08:38:30 AM
Being able to see + avoid potential accidents >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> being encased in a slab of granite you can't see through

I haven't driven the Cruze, but the Elantra is refined enough for me... chasing more refinement at the expense of higher weight seems like going beyond the point of diminishing returns...

The Elantra feels tinny by comparison.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Laconian on September 29, 2011, 10:49:26 AM

Damn. I would use that as my sig if my car weren't kind of like that :mask:

Laconian

Quote from: Vinsanity on September 30, 2011, 10:25:13 AM
Damn. I would use that as my sig if my car weren't kind of like that :mask:
What's stopping you, then? Maybe you love it for those reasons!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Vinsanity

Quote from: Laconian on September 30, 2011, 10:50:44 AM
What's stopping you, then? Maybe you love it for those reasons!

I kind of do :mask: I don't know if I'm ready to let the caveman in me out of his cage yet, though.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Lebowski on September 28, 2011, 07:13:12 PM
:rolleyes: reading comprehensive fail

No, it's pretty clear that I'm saying that if I got an M3 it would be the 4dr.  If for some reason I didn't want that, I'd get a Corvette, a Boxster, or even a Gayman over a 2dr M3. 

Curious that you chose a Miata to illustrate your point.  That you didn't feel you could make your case with an example in the M3's price range tells me deep down you know I'm right.

The Miata was simply the first sporty 2 seater to come to mind.

I like the 3 series coupe's styling more than the sedan, especially the rear end.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: SVT666 on September 29, 2011, 10:43:47 AM
A-pillars are worse in GM cars than they are in Ford and Chrysler I can tell you that.  When I drove the Camaro, it was like trying to look around a tree trunk.

Yes, and GM compounds the problem with their stupid Onstar button equipped oversized rear view mirror.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator