Chevrolet Colorado!

Started by 2o6, October 05, 2011, 06:58:14 PM

ifcar

It would look a lot better with a lower windowline and lower front end. The bed looks too small for the body.

SVT666

Catman

Submariner

Quote from: Catman on October 05, 2011, 08:16:03 PM
Dumpy and frumpy

I'm guessing it's a far better vehicle than the current American Colorado, though. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Minpin

Quote from: Submariner on October 05, 2011, 08:19:39 PM
I'm guessing it's a far better vehicle than the current American Colorado, though. 

Meh, my buddy has one. It's actually pretty nice. They are trucks, not BMWs. Gotta keep everything in perspective. Truck buyers don't really care about the same things someone like yourself does...
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Tave

Quote from: Minpin on October 05, 2011, 09:12:39 PM
Meh, my buddy has one. It's actually pretty nice. They are trucks, not BMWs. Gotta keep everything in perspective. Truck buyers don't really care about the same things someone like yourself does...

It's getting really long in the tooth. It was "pretty nice" in 2004.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

68_427

The 2.8L make I think 180hp and 350tq.  However this thing is ugly.  If it does come to America, at least the GMC will look different.

Edit:  Looks like I'll have to wait and see what the GMC looks like.  GM promised for the next gen truck the GMC would look completely different.  I'm guessing it'll follow cues from the Terrain.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MrH

It's coming to the US.  Somewhere reported it today.  I forget where.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

Quote from: MrH on October 10, 2011, 11:13:27 PM
It's coming to the US.  Somewhere reported it today.  I forget where.

It's on Autoblog.

68_427

Yeah I edited my post accordingly yesterday.
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Chevrolet confirms new Colorado-based TrailBlazer

QuoteWe're in the heart of General Motors' downtown Detroit headquarters for a press conference tied to the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet, and Chris Perry, the brand's Vice President of Global Marketing and Strategy, has just confirmed a new TrailBlazer SUV. To be based on the company's new global mid-size Colorado pickup, the vehicle will be unveiled November 10 at the Dubai Motor Show.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/12/chevrolet-confirms-colorado-based-trailblazer/

A midsize SUV with real utility.  Too bad the Atlas I6 is no more.  Although if we get the diesels it won't matter.
'racecar is die'
no

Submariner

Quote from: Minpin on October 05, 2011, 09:12:39 PM

In comparison to the competition, they are quite mediocre.   :huh:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

93JC

What competition? The only competition the Colorado/Canyon had was the Ford Ranger (and by extension the Mazda B-series). The Tacoma, Frontier and Dakota are huge by comparison. They don't really 'compete'.

ifcar

The Frontier is about four inches wider and four inches taller than the Colorado; the Colorado is longer. While that is enough of a size difference to be significant, I don't think it's quite so much that someone would flat-out refuse to cross-shop the two based on size.

93JC

SVT666

Quote from: ifcar on October 12, 2011, 03:36:49 PM
The Frontier is about four inches wider and four inches taller than the Colorado; the Colorado is longer. While that is enough of a size difference to be significant, I don't think it's quite so much that someone would flat-out refuse to cross-shop the two based on size.
Yeah it is.

Mustangfan2003

I don't really understand bringing the Trailblazer back unless they plan to cut an SUV or 2. 

2o6

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 12, 2011, 05:29:54 PM
I don't really understand bringing the Trailblazer back unless they plan to cut an SUV or 2. 

The car will be shown in Asia, where truck-based SUV's are still popular.

ifcar

Quote from: SVT666 on October 12, 2011, 04:04:52 PM
Yeah it is.

You think cars don't compete because of four inches? You can say that four inches one way or the other represents an advantage one way or another to different people, but I don't think you can say they flat-out don't compete. There are any number of direct competitors within a wider size range than the Colorado and Frontier.

Do you really believe people define competitors with a tape measure?

Minpin

Coming from someone who has extensive experience in both the colorado and a couple of tacos, they really aren't in the same class. You can look at the stats all you want, but the Taco in particular is very intimidating next to the Colorado, and the same goes from the drivers seat.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

SVT666

Quote from: ifcar on October 12, 2011, 08:15:28 PM
You think cars don't compete because of four inches? You can say that four inches one way or the other represents an advantage one way or another to different people, but I don't think you can say they flat-out don't compete. There are any number of direct competitors within a wider size range than the Colorado and Frontier.

Do you really believe people define competitors with a tape measure?
All you have to do is drive them both to feel the difference in size.  The Ranger and Colorado don't get cross shopped with the Taco and Frontier as much as you like to think.  They are the only compact pickups left, moreso the Ranger than the Colorado, but they are both much smaller than a Taco or Frontier buyer wants.

Tave

MSRP range on the Colorado, Tacoma, and Frontier are almost identical. Just because you wouldn't cross-shop them doesn't mean others won't, and like ifcar says, people don't go shopping with tape measurers.

More to the point, no one seems to be cross-shoping the Colorado with anything. If they aren't going after the Taco's market, maybe they should, because their own market isn't much to brag about.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

ifcar

There are cars that are the same size that feel bigger or smaller than another. You have to cross-shop to decide which one you like more and whether the preferred size outweighs any other strengths/weaknesses.

If there were a way of proving it, I would bet that more buyers chose between the Ranger/Colorado and Frontier/Tacoma based on U.S. vs. Japanese than four inches bigger vs. four inches smaller. (And before anyone mentions it, the Dakota is irrelevant because pretty much no one chooses the Dakota.)

SVT666

4" in width is huge in a truck the size of the Colorado.  It's a huge difference, and I'm willing to bet very few people cross shop them.

Tave

1) You guys are being ridiculous.

2) How would they even know that the Frontier felt bigger unless they, ahem, cross-shopped the two vehicles?

GoCougs

I don't think they get cross-shopped; the Ranger and Colorado are so terrible the class left them behind years ago. They get bought on price.

But they're most definitely all in the same class.

Tave

Here are the MSRP ranges for all 4 models

Ranger: 18K - 26K
Colorado: 17K - 30K
Frontier: 18K - 32K
Tacoma: 16K - 28K

So they're priced competitively, at least before rebates.

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on October 18, 2011, 07:52:20 AM
1) You guys are being ridiculous.

2) How would they even know that the Frontier felt bigger unless they, ahem, cross-shopped the two vehicles?
You can tell just by looking at them on the street.  There is a noticeable size difference.  Besides, Cougs is right...fuck me...the Colorado and Ranger sell on price for the most part.  However, if I was in the market for a compact truck, I would buy a Ranger/Colorado because the Taco/Frontier aren't compacts.  Actually, what I would really like to buy are the Japanese mini trucks.  We get them here, and they cost about $7500.  Suzuki, Mazda, and Subaru all make some too:

Honda Acty

Daihatsu Hijet

Misubishi Minicab

SVT666

Quote from: Tave on October 18, 2011, 09:29:41 AM
Here are the MSRP ranges for all 4 models

Ranger: 18K - 26K
Colorado: 17K - 30K
Frontier: 18K - 32K
Tacoma: 16K - 28K

So they're priced competitively, at least before rebates.
The Ranger and Colorado are never sold anywhere near MSRP and have money on the hood almost constantly.