Ford C-Max

VW Golf Plus

Skoda Roomster

Heck, MB B-class.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rupert on October 25, 2011, 09:32:04 PM
Oh, Wimmer, just one more poseur.

Really?

What part of "CAR FOR MY BUSINESS" don't you understand?

I'm a young guy starting my own business and the last thing I need is arriving in an expensive luxury car because clients will wonder what I am "wasting" my money on. I'm not looking for a luxury car. I'm looking for an affordable and spacious mainstream car.

And if I was looking for a luxury car you damn well know I'd consider something with H&H. Period.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on October 25, 2011, 09:35:15 PM
Ford C-Max

VW Golf Plus

Skoda Roomster

Heck, MB B-class.

All of them have small trunks that can only be enlarged by folding down the rear seats. I require rear seats and a large flat trunkbed in the back - a wagon is a must.  :ohyeah:

I checked out the Roomster and wasn't impressed with the standard trunk space.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on October 26, 2011, 07:57:41 AM
Mercedes G55 AMG

If Wimmer doesn't get one, then he is no longer allowed to rail about H&H.

Xer0

Quote from: 2o6 on October 15, 2011, 10:48:22 AM
Left field:

Accord Wagon.

+1

It has a decent diesel, looks great (no ugly grill like our TSX), good drive, and I'm sure used examples will be cheaper.  Sure the tranny kinda sucks in comparison but over all, its not a bad package.

Rupert

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 26, 2011, 05:04:04 AM
Really?

I'm a young guy starting my own business and the last thing I need is arriving in an expensive luxury car because clients will wonder what I am "wasting" my money on. I'm not looking for a luxury car. I'm looking for an affordable and spacious mainstream car.

And if I was looking for a luxury car you damn well know I'd consider something with H&H. Period.

The part about where you rail against Consumer Reports and insist on H&H for everyone at every turn, when you yourself are basically buying a boring bread box of a CR-mobile. I don't care if it's for your business; you're full of shit and a troll.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rupert on October 26, 2011, 11:58:23 AM
The part about where you rail against Consumer Reports and insist on H&H for everyone at every turn, when you yourself are basically buying a boring bread box of a CR-mobile. I don't care if it's for your business; you're full of shit and a troll.

If I listened to CR then I should be gunning for a boring Toyota.

Skoda uses VOLKSWAGEN ELECTRONICS AND PARTS - which are like what? NOT RECOMMENDED by the American CR. Here in Europe Skoda has a reputation for reliability and VWs aren't bad in that regard either.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

What you continually say is based only on what you've heard from other uninformed blowhards. Consumer Reports LIKES Volkswagens.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on October 26, 2011, 12:11:20 PM
What you continually say is based only on what you've heard from other uninformed blowhards. Consumer Reports LIKES Volkswagens.

They do?  :confused:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

If you'd ever read anything they'd written before spouting off, you would know that.

cawimmer430

Quote from: ifcar on October 26, 2011, 12:12:33 PM
If you'd ever read anything they'd written before spouting off, you would know that.

All I read was: "NOT RECOMMENDED!" :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

Check mark means recommended:

Now will you either read up on what they've said or stop bringing it up?

cawimmer430

So basically only the Golf, some Jettas and the Tiguan of all cars are recommended. Wow.

And the Passat isn't? Guess it needs a V8.  :devil:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Cookie Monster

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 26, 2011, 12:20:25 PM
So basically only the Golf, some Jettas and the Tiguan of all cars are recommended. Wow.

And the Passat isn't? Guess it needs a V8.  :devil:
The Passat, Beetle and Routan haven't even been road tested yet. :facepalm:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 26, 2011, 05:04:04 AM
Really?

Hmmm.... I?ve never found driving a luxury car a DISadvantage in business. It depends on how you carry yourself about it. Most clients won?t assume you waste money but that you are successful at what you do. It actually helps me a bit when pricing our services.

I think there is a saying about driving the car that reflects the job you want rather than the job you have.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Laconian

The Germans have that Klassenneid thing going on.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

mzziaz

Quote from: Laconian on October 27, 2011, 02:00:41 AM

At least wims believes so  ;)
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on October 26, 2011, 05:15:08 PM
Hmmm.... I?ve never found driving a luxury car a DISadvantage in business. It depends on how you carry yourself about it. Most clients won?t assume you waste money but that you are successful at what you do. It actually helps me a bit when pricing our services.

I think there is a saying about driving the car that reflects the job you want rather than the job you have.

Maybe later when I am older and my business is truly successful, then I can upgrade to an E-Class wagon for example.

For now, I want to play it safe and get a normal mainstream wagon that doesn't make me come across as a snob/money waster, especially when I am just starting a new business.

Quote from: Laconian on October 27, 2011, 02:00:41 AM

S O Z I A L N E I D

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 27, 2011, 04:38:42 AM
Maybe later when I am older and my business is truly successful, then I can upgrade to an E-Class wagon for example.

For now, I want to play it safe and get a normal mainstream wagon that doesn't make me come across as a snob/money waster, especially when I am just starting a new business.

S O Z I A L N E I D

I believe your analysis is wrong. First of all I believe the effects of sozialneid is less than you think. Secondly, MB doesn't IMO have as much of a snob image as you pretend, especially in Europe. I think a used E-class would be perfectly acceptable for all potential customers, even in the rural parts of Southern Germany.

Could it rather be that you prefer the, gasp, ease and reliability of a newish Skoda over an older MB, even if the latter is brimming with H&H? Dare I say that you might even be proving the point of the wretched CONSUMER REPORTS with your own purchase?  :mask:
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on October 27, 2011, 06:07:46 AMI believe your analysis is wrong. First of all I believe the effects of sozialneid is less than you think. Secondly, MB doesn't IMO have as much of a snob image as you pretend, especially in Europe. I think a used E-class would be perfectly acceptable for all potential customers, even in the rural parts of Southern Germany.

Sozialneid is pretty strong in Bavaria.

I think it is simply wrong for me at the moment to show up somewhere in a large BMW, Audi or Mercedes. I'm starting a new business and the last thing I need is to give an impression that the money I earn is being used to buy an expensive luxury car, especially since I have to justify my high prices somehow through the quality of my work. I don't want to make people think "Oh, he's driving a Benz, well then maybe I can get away with paying less since he obviously makes a lot of money!".

AGAIN: THIS IS A CAR FOR MY BUSINESS, NOT FOR MY PERSONAL PLEASURE AND EMOTIONAL DESIRES.

Quote from: mzziaz on October 27, 2011, 06:07:46 AMCould it rather be that you prefer the, gasp, ease and reliability of a newish Skoda over an older MB, even if the latter is brimming with H&H? Dare I say that you might even be proving the point of the wretched CONSUMER REPORTS with your own purchase?  :mask:

I prefer the Skoda/VW at the moment solely because of the image it portrays: a lot of car for little money, lots of cabin space, good TDI-DSG combination and the added reliability reputation is simply an added bonus. It's a normal and unremarkable car that also looks good, drives nicely and has the space/comfort characteristics I am looking for.

I have no fear of buying a used S211 E-Class either. My family used to have a 2002 MB E320 W211 and it never let us down.

I wouldn't even mind an S210 estate, I always liked those.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 27, 2011, 06:16:51 AM

I think it is simply wrong for me at the moment to show up somewhere in a large BMW, Audi or Mercedes. I'm starting a new business and the last thing I need is to give an impression that the money I earn is being used to buy an expensive luxury car, especially since I have to justify my high prices somehow through the quality of my work. I don't want to make people think "Oh, he's driving a Benz, well then maybe I can get away with paying less since he obviously makes a lot of money!".

AGAIN: THIS IS A CAR FOR MY BUSINESS, NOT FOR MY PERSONAL PLEASURE AND EMOTIONAL DESIRES.

I prefer the Skoda/VW at the moment solely because of the image it portrays: a lot of car for little money, lots of cabin space, good TDI-DSG combination and the added reliability reputation is simply an added bonus. It's a normal and unremarkable car that also looks good, drives nicely and has the space/comfort characteristics I am looking for.

I have no fear of buying a used S211 E-Class either. My family used to have a 2002 MB E320 W211 and it never let us down.

I wouldn't even mind an S210 estate, I always liked those.

So CONSUMER REPORTS > HISTORY & HERITAGE, after all?

Son, I am disappoint
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on October 27, 2011, 06:39:59 AM
So CONSUMER REPORTS > HISTORY & HERITAGE, after all?

Son, I am disappoint

I like the Skoda offerings from a price/design/interior+trunk space point of view. Those features draw me to the brand (or a used VW Passat Variant).

Their reputation for reliability is an added bonus. Then again I have no qualms about buying a car from an "unreliable manufacturer" (courtesy of CR) like Citroen, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Renault, Fiat etc.

I hear the VW DSG transmission causes some problems. Shit. Maybe I should consider a Toyota Avensis!  :zzz:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

ifcar

Consumer Reports has written nothing about any Citroen, Renault or Fiat in the last 20 years. Are you looking at 1980s models?

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 27, 2011, 06:16:51 AM

General thought against buying a luxury car for business is "Oh, this guy is overcharging me, look how nice a car he drives."
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CALL_911

After Wimmer buys his Skoda, can we petition to ban him if he ever brings up H+H or Consumer Reports up ever again?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

We can just fully ignore his dumb poseur ass. He'll go away.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on October 27, 2011, 07:56:19 AM
General thought against buying a luxury car for business is "Oh, this guy is overcharging me, look how nice a car he drives."

That's pretty much why I don't want a luxury car as my business car, even a stripper E-Class.

Maybe in the future when I have made a name for myself (if that ever happens), but not now.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on October 27, 2011, 08:51:50 AM
After Wimmer buys his Skoda, can we petition to ban him if he ever brings up H+H or Consumer Reports up ever again?

Skoda has H&H. Lots of it.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rupert on October 27, 2011, 09:46:14 AM
We can just fully ignore his dumb poseur ass. He'll go away.

Screw you.

www.wimmerfotografie.de