Wimmer's next car update!

Started by cawimmer430, October 14, 2011, 10:02:47 AM

hotrodalex

Quote from: AltinD on November 02, 2011, 02:15:00 PM
You should tell that to the Japanese ... that's right, the same Japanese that build and market the thing (Lexus)

Taking that into account, I'd say it's a good thing they don't like Lexus. Just means it's normal.

GoCougs

How many times does H&H have to fail for Wimmer to get the message???

I again point out that Toyota literally taught M-B, BMW and Audi (ALL car makers actually) how to build cars. 

AltinD

Quote from: GoCougs on November 03, 2011, 12:44:27 AM
How many times does H&H have to fail for Wimmer to get the message???

I again point out that Toyota literally taught M-B, BMW and Audi (ALL car makers actually) how to build cars. 

LOL

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

AltinD

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 02, 2011, 03:59:44 PM

Taking that into account, I'd say it's a good thing they don't like Lexus. Just means it's normal.

What about the rest of the World, outside of North America? They don't like it even less then the Japanese do :p

Tave

Quote from: AltinD on November 03, 2011, 01:18:12 PM
LOL

To a certain extent his statement is true. All the major manufacturers have borrowed from the modern engineering system that Toyota developed (TPS). Modern automobiles are a product of that system. Mercedes couldn't build a 2011 E-Class if it was still operating under the same engineering philosophies that it used in 1980.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on November 03, 2011, 01:32:33 PM
To a certain extent his statement is true. All the major manufacturers have borrowed from the modern engineering system that Toyota developed (TPS). Modern automobiles are a product of that system. Mercedes couldn't build a 2011 E-Class if it was still operating under the same engineering philosophies that it used in 1980.

True.  The Toyota model is used as an example or case study in hundreds of undergraduate supply chain classes across the country.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

Maybe "how to build cars" was a bit strong; Toyota taught them how to build modern cars. In fact Toyota taught pretty much all the world of manufacturing how to do so in modern fashion; from jetliners to iPods; how to build stuff.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Raza  on November 03, 2011, 02:04:38 PM
True.  The Toyota model is used as an example or case study in hundreds of undergraduate supply chain classes across the country.
Yeah, I studied about that too in my econ class.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

hotrodalex

Quote from: AltinD on November 03, 2011, 01:19:27 PM
What about the rest of the World, outside of North America? They don't like it even less then the Japanese do :p

Why should I care about the rest of the world? I'm an American, we only acknowledge others when they have oil. :huh:

:lol:

Colin

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 04, 2011, 04:36:58 PM
Why should I care about the rest of the world? I'm an American, we only acknowledge others when they have oil. :huh:

:clap:

AltinD

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 04, 2011, 04:36:58 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

cawimmer430

UPDATE!

So my next car will very likely be...

CITROEN C5 Tourer HDI 165 Automatik  :rockon:

1997cc 4-cylinder common-rail-turbodiesel, 163-horsepower @ 3,750 RPM, 340 Nm @ 2,000 RPM, FWD, 6-speed A/T, 0-100 km/h = 10.2 seconds, 208 km/h top speed, Fuel economy (urban/rural/total) = 8.9/5.6/6.8 L / 100 km...and the HDI 165 comes standard with Citroens infamous hydropneumatic suspension.

I wouldn't mind the 140-hp HDI diesel but it's 6-speed M/T only.  :frown:

This is a very nice car. Polarizing design inside and out, roomy and very comfortable. Just what I am looking for. The Skoda Octavia and VW Passat are nice cars but in terms of styling they're rather a bit bland compared to the C5.

There are great leasing deals on it from the local Citroen dealership plus some discounts on some optional features. All I want for mine are heated seats, heated steering wheel and some nice rims (like in the photo above, those are the 18/19" sport rims).

Delivery times are four months and right now the 118i is still cutting it (just barely). I probably won't place the order until midway through 2012, just to be sure that I really need it (which I know I do).

It is with great certainty that this will be my next car for my business.  :mrcool:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

68_427

Will the leasing deals still be the same 6+ months from now?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Autobahn

Looks very nice (at least from the outside, the inside looks horrendous and cheap IMHO).
You will probably get money from Citroen if you take one, last time I looked at one, the Citroen dealer went from "why do you disturb me" to "I will clean the floor with a toothbrush for you if you only take one..." in 4 seconds. Citroen dealers in Germany are desperate - great discounts on everything too...

I wouldn't take the depreciation hit of a new Citroen and rather get or lease a slightly used one, though...

Laconian

A lovely looking car. Would you get it with those sweet wheels too?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Quote from: 68_427 on November 12, 2011, 11:12:01 AM
Will the leasing deals still be the same 6+ months from now?

I'm sure they'll only get better from that point on (aka cheaper).

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Autobahn on November 12, 2011, 11:14:21 AM
Looks very nice (at least from the outside, the inside looks horrendous and cheap IMHO).
You will probably get money from Citroen if you take one, last time I looked at one, the Citroen dealer went from "why do you disturb me" to "I will clean the floor with a toothbrush for you if you only take one..." in 4 seconds. Citroen dealers in Germany are desperate - great discounts on everything too...

I wouldn't take the depreciation hit of a new Citroen and rather get or lease a slightly used one, though...

I'm not really the type who screams "cheap interior" on mainstream cars and makes a big fuzz about it, but I thought the interior is pretty decent on this car. Part of the interior charm is that awesome design. You feel like you're in a space ship.

The depreciation on this car is extreme though. At the same time, it's great value and more importantly is spacious and practical. Another thing - I'm a creative person and this is a creatively-styled car: it'll suit my character and the impression I will be making on customers (creative guy driving an "artistic car"). And I definitely want to keep it for a few years if I get it. The hydropneumatic suspension components last for 200,000 km according to the dealer before they'll need to be replaced.

Would have also loved an Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon but those are pretty cramped at the rear sacrificing overall practicality for style.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on November 12, 2011, 11:36:36 AM
A lovely looking car. Would you get it with those sweet wheels too?

I want that color and those rims (18" sport rims). I hope they don't influence the comfort in a negative way as big rims usually do (and the gas mileage).

www.wimmerfotografie.de

68_427

The C5 would look fantastic in metallic red, and the interior needs more color or something, everything looks like plastic, even though I'm sure it feels alright.  I think a tan interior with some decent looking fake wood would make a huge difference.
'racecar is die'
no

cawimmer430

Quote from: 68_427 on November 12, 2011, 12:53:21 PM
The C5 would look fantastic in metallic red, and the interior needs more color or something, everything looks like plastic, even though I'm sure it feels alright.  I think a tan interior with some decent looking fake wood would make a huge difference.

Here's a normal non-glamor photo of the C5 interior. It's a pretty good interior IMO. I checked out the car at a Citroen dealership and the interior is better than that of the 118i I am currently driving. Plus, it has visual character. I'm not really a dashstroker. The interior is good. That's all that matters.  ;)

The speedometer and funky styling here are just awesome.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on November 13, 2011, 07:07:46 PM
Looks really good to me!!

Me to!  :lol:

I spoke to my tax accountant today regarding the car. Ultimately the decision is up to me but he did warn me that Citroens depreciate like crazy in Germany and equally have a poor resale value here since they're considered exotic/unusual cars.

He actually advised me to look at a used...here it comes...Audi A4/A6 Avant, BMW 3er/5er Touring, Mercedes C/E-Class Wagon. Their depreciation is stable and their resale value is higher than the Citroen. Also, in terms of price and features they might actually be better value than leasing a new Citroen C5. Damn...  :confused:

As much as I want the Citroen C5 now, he's right. It might make more financial sense to go for something like a used C-Class, C220 CDI T-Modell Automatic comes to mind. Wow. Utterly I am being guided towards the direction I didn't want to take - buying a car from a premium brand for my business.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Quote from: 68_427 on November 12, 2011, 12:53:21 PM

If I were to make a parody of an American, I could not have done better.

Needs more fake wood?!
Cuore Sportivo

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

cawimmer430

Quote from: 68_427 on November 14, 2011, 12:44:40 PM

Give me the wagon version (if there was one, maybe it was called Country Squire...) and 100 years worth of free gas and I'll be happy for life.  :praise:

Oh, and I absolutely would love to have one of these...  :wub:

Provided there is a 100 years of free gas in the deal somewhere...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CJ

Wimmer, check your Facebook inbox.

cawimmer430

Quote from: CJ on November 14, 2011, 01:48:41 PM
Wimmer, check your Facebook inbox.

Ah, got it. I don't get any notifications in my email anymore regarding Facebook (blocked that stuff). ;-)

REPLIED!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Vinsanity

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 14, 2011, 10:50:18 AM
As much as I want the Citroen C5 now, he's right. It might make more financial sense to go for something like a used C-Class, C220 CDI T-Modell Automatic comes to mind. Wow. Utterly I am being guided towards the direction I didn't want to take - buying a car from a premium brand for my business.

Don't you hate it when rationality gets in the way?

hotrodalex

If the Citroen has terrible resale, buy a gently used one for cheap!