Toyota Ractis

Started by ifcar, October 03, 2005, 05:58:36 AM

ifcar

cawimmer430

As I said on C&D, I LOVE THE NAME!  :rolleyes:

Reminds me of an extinct dinosaur.  :lol:  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raghavan

Catman

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

MX793

Holy cow!  A Toyota sub compact sans the center mounted gauges  :o  
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Fire It Up

QuoteHoly cow!  A Toyota sub compact sans the center mounted gauges  :o
:lol:  

TBR

What an ugly interior, but the exterior does look nice.

giant_mtb

Kinda creepy overall...but most sub compacts are. ^_^

Does this remind anybody else of some high-end button?  Like...say an Aston Martin?

Raghavan

QuoteKinda creepy overall...but most sub compacts are. ^_^

Does this remind anybody else of some high-end button?  Like...say an Aston Martin?

no...

giant_mtb

Does this remind anybody else of some high-end button?  Like...say an Aston Martin?

no...

;)  

Raghavan

Does this remind anybody else of some high-end button?? Like...say an Aston Martin?

no...

;)
They don't look alike. The Astons is crystal, while the 'Yota's is cheap plastic.
Besides, i was aboot to say that it looks more like the Avalons.

giant_mtb

I never said they look alike, now, did I?  <_<  

Raghavan

QuoteI never said they look alike, now, did I?  <_<
pretty much yeah...

giant_mtb

QuoteI never said they look alike, now, did I?  <_<
pretty much yeah...
I said it reminded me of it.  If it reminds me of something, it means that the moment I look at it the thing it reminds me of is what pops into my head first, and the Aston Martin button is what came into my head first, therefore the Yota's button reminds(ed) me of an Aston Martin start button.  Though I never said they look alike.  You need to brush up on your context/vocabulary...  ;)  :lol:  

Raghavan

Ractis reminds me of rectum for soem reason. :lol:

thewizard16

Ractis sounds like some kind of insect. Anyway, the exterior is okay, looks like a sportier xA. The interior is ugly, but has nice features. (NAV, keyless start) The glass roof thing is cool, but that may be a bit too big for my tastes.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

mazda6er

That button is basically identical to the one in the new 3-series, the new Lexuses, the M45 (I think), and maybe the STS also. Apparently it's a standard thing for pushbutton start cars.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

It certainly looks the part.  Kind of like a beefed up xA on steriods.  I don't see them selling them at the same time, unless the sizes/feature content are significantly different.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

I can not express in words my distaste for this car.

ifcar

QuoteIt certainly looks the part.  Kind of like a beefed up xA on steriods.  I don't see them selling them at the same time, unless the sizes/feature content are significantly different.
Scion had always said that they wanted short product cycles, and the xA has already been replaced in Japan IIRC. I wouldn't expect to see an 07 xA, certainly not an 08.

giant_mtb

Does this remind anybody else of some high-end button?  Like...say an Aston Martin?

That button is basically identical to the one in the new 3-series, the new Lexuses, the M45 (I think), and maybe the STS also. Apparently it's a standard thing for pushbutton start cars.
Yay!  Somebody else is reminded of something when they see that button. ^_^  <_<  

Raza

QuoteIt certainly looks the part.  Kind of like a beefed up xA on steriods.  I don't see them selling them at the same time, unless the sizes/feature content are significantly different.
Scion had always said that they wanted short product cycles, and the xA has already been replaced in Japan IIRC. I wouldn't expect to see an 07 xA, certainly not an 08.
Well, if it's similar in size, then yes, it certainly fits the bill as the latest Scion.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Or new W221 MB S-Class... ;)  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Fire It Up

Or new W221 MB S-Class... ;)
Its the same as in the GS.

Raza

That it is.  My barber recently got a GS430, and the starter button is the same.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

mazda6er

QuoteThat button is basically identical to the one in the new 3-series, the new Lexuses, the M45 (I think), and maybe the STS also. Apparently it's a standard thing for pushbutton start cars.

Wow guys, way to state what I've already said.

:rolleyes: :P
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Run Away

That button is basically identical to the one in the new 3-series, the new Lexuses, the M45 (I think), and maybe the STS also.

mazda6er

QuoteThat button is basically identical to the one in the new 3-series, the new Lexuses, the M45 (I think), and maybe the STS also.
:D  
--Mark

thewizard16

QuoteThat it is.  My barber recently got a GS430, and the starter button is the same.
Your barber must not be cheap. Or he's just very good and has a lot of business.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.