FT-86 goes racing (now with trailer video)

Started by 565, October 15, 2011, 05:35:09 AM

Onslaught

I'm going to talk my woman into one of these if they turn out to be good. She needs a new car in a year or two and I want her to get something that I won't mind driving. She'll not get a 6 speed but it's still better then nothing.

68_427

Quote from: Onslaught on October 30, 2011, 12:13:05 PM
I'm going to talk my woman into one of these if they turn out to be good. She needs a new car in a year or two and I want her to get something that I won't mind driving. She'll not get a 6 speed but it's still better then nothing.

Subaru version right? 
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

More flat pictures

I think this thing looks pretty good.  Not as aggressive as the FR-S concept, but I was really disappointed by the camo mules running around.  It seems the swirls did a good job of hiding the lines of the car.

I think this is the car I've always wanted someone to make.  Compact, light (2667 pounds), affordable (rumored 25k), 200 hp, 2+2 seating and solid roof, and made by pretty reliable automakers.  Unless they really do something to mess it up, I'm interested in getting one.

omicron

Love the hips on that. The one downside is that all of Jeremy Clarkson's cocks will get hold of it and add stupid cardboard protrusions and neon lights everywhere.

SVT666

It looks better than the Subaru version.

68_427

I think the front on the Subaru looks better. 
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

- The engineers assured him that there will be two manual gearbox options with different ratios
- The Toyota will be the most affordable of the trio
- The test unit was wearing Michelin Primacy HPs in 215/45 size on 17″ wheels
- They have freed car?s electronics (ECU) so aftermarket industry can tune it at its will
- It?s going to be on sale on June of 2012
'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

Man, I'd love to trade in my GTI for this thing. Of course that would mean depleting whatever savings I have, which would effectively kill this idea of mine, but still.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

S204STi

Quote from: 68_427 on November 14, 2011, 05:47:22 PM
- The engineers assured him that there will be two manual gearbox options with different ratios
- The Toyota will be the most affordable of the trio
- The test unit was wearing Michelin Primacy HPs in 215/45 size on 17″ wheels
- They have freed car?s electronics (ECU) so aftermarket industry can tune it at its will
- It?s going to be on sale on June of 2012

lol

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Morris Minor

There's a bit more about it here, although nothing about how much it weighs:
http://www.scionfirst86.com/

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși