***Wimmer testdrives the 2012 Dodge Durango 3.6 V6 and 5.7 V8***

Started by cawimmer430, October 29, 2011, 02:04:17 PM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

hotrodalex

S204STi

But it would be a perfect fit for one of those Home Digest mags.

cawimmer430

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 06, 2011, 08:10:43 PM
The edited image is a little too dark, IMO.

Monitor color calibration!  :tounge:

It's not yet the final image. There's still a lot to do on this image.  :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Adding some of that Photoshop magic to my photo. Another original/Wimmer Photoshop Treatment contrast. The photoshopped image is not yet done yet and I've been working for six hours straight on it. Life is tough!

Original

Wimmer Photoshop Treatment

www.wimmerfotografie.de

CJ

I think that image shows that the Durange is sliding into a hill...That's not a good thing.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

I am not done yet with the image! Sheesh.

I'll be photoshopping in a dirt/gravel road ahead of the Durango and correcting the angle of attack etc. I'll be taking some photos of such roads because I can't find any suitable ones on google. I need to improvise again!  :praise:

THIS IMAGE IS NOT DONE YET!!!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Atomic

great pics! amazing how much i like the NEW 2011-12 dodge durango and jeep grand cherokee, yet both ride and drive distinctly and look hot in their own unique way. do not see as much badge engineering for the latest chrysler products, especially with these 'utes and the 300/charger series of full size sedans. seriously think that i would go for the '12 JGC over the durango, but ONLY because i hate driving "car pools" and with the third row could not get away with saying "NO". lol! i do like the large panorama roof offered on the jeep, but think it is good having it exclusive to the JGC. in fact it's standard on limited, overland and overland summit models.

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

I drove a fullsize Ford Transit (same size as Dodge Sprinter) and Ford Galaxy minivans back in 2003ish.

Felt way more stable at speed than most US cars, which are lower to the ground. The SHO with it's tighter 'sport' steering was an awesome Autobahn machine.
The Eagle Premier we owned was WAAAAAYYY Too "Titanic"- didn't feel connected to the ground at all!!
Will

AutobahnSHO

Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 19, 2011, 05:40:12 AM
Nice photoshopping!

What computer/software do you use??

Thanks!  :ohyeah:

I use a combination of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and some filters for both these programs I downloaded online. I usually tend to prepare the original RAW image in Lightroom or Camera RAW before exporting it to Photoshop and working on it for a couple of hours.  :cheers:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on November 20, 2011, 01:39:11 AM
mac or winblows?

Winblows. :lol:

But - many of my colleagues using Macs are experiencing overheating and software reliability issues. I can say that my computer has been pretty reliable overall.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Northlands

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 31, 2011, 05:27:52 AM
Which was surprisingly powerful. I could feel its potential. Only the A/T (I think it was the old MB 5-speed) and its lazy tuning reduced performance. The new Durango V6 with that new 8-speed transmission should be perfect.

Would be even better if it was sold with a diesel!

The newer Dodge 3.6's have quite a bit of punch to them. I think a lot of those engines will be sold. I imagine the 8 speed will only improve things.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Northlands

Quote from: Madman on October 30, 2011, 08:19:23 PM
Who the hell in Germany is going to buy a Durango?  I can't even understand why anyone in America would buy a Durango!

These things hold no appeal for me whatsoever.  :zzz:

They don't appeal to you, that's fine. They will appeal to many others though. This is the best looking Durango yet, and possibly the best pair of engines they've put in this model. The Pilots and Explorers of the world are going to be in tough against this offering.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on November 13, 2011, 06:55:28 PM

I'll be photoshopping in a dirt/gravel road ahead of the Durango and correcting the angle of attack etc.

At what point do you stop taking a picture and simply create a CGI?

2o6

Quote from: Galaxy on November 25, 2011, 07:47:56 PM

Photoshop and CGI are two totally different things. (Unless Wimmer is secretly a master 3D modeler)

Galaxy

Quote from: 2o6 on November 25, 2011, 08:11:57 PM

Photoshop and CGI are two totally different things. (Unless Wimmer is secretly a master 3D modeler)

I am aware of that. My point was, if you start adding in roads, backgrounds etc, at what point does one simply hire a cgi artist? In fact I have been told that some car print ads are entirely cgi. Once you have a model you can simply change the color, angle etc as desired.

hounddog

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Galaxy on November 25, 2011, 07:47:56 PM

:lol:

I wouldn't have to do so much editing if the location was clean, did have this typical German bullshit "Schilderwahn" mentality and if these guys would let me shoot at the proper time of day with my other more powerful lights. But they basically want the "snap shot" kind of way and I am not content with that, so I heavily edit my pictures.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on November 26, 2011, 06:56:58 AM
"this huge car"

LOL

That is not even close to a huge car.

:lol:
The Durango is a very large car.  It's exactly the same length and width as the new Ford Taurus which is pretty damn big.  In fact, an Expedition is only 6" longer and 3" wider than the Durango.

ifcar

The Taurus is a little longer, but I agree -- the Durango is a sizable vehicle even by American standards.

SVT666

Quote from: ifcar on November 27, 2011, 11:14:54 AM
The Taurus is a little longer, but I agree -- the Durango is a sizable vehicle even by American standards.
You're going to argue over 2"?

GTX

Glad I found this, my dad just bought a 2011 Durango R/T and I'll get to drive it when I visit home in a couple of weeks. He has the same beef with the transmission, says the gear ratios are spread far too wide and it kinda neuters the Hemi. Dodge actually added a 6-speed AT to the R/T model for the 2012 model year. Missed it by THAT much....

ifcar