Camaro ZL1... something wicked this way comes.

Started by Payman, November 14, 2011, 08:45:26 PM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: thecarnut on November 17, 2011, 09:29:32 PM
Well, sporty ruined all the fun by crying and getting in his panties in a bunch...
Yea this thread was very fun

Soup DeVille

Its nice to see the return of the peeing monkey at least.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

GoCougs

Quote from: sportyaccordy on November 20, 2011, 07:40:43 PM
Yea this thread was very fun

True; Mustang trolls/apologists ruined it before you did your handy work on it...

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

68_427

Only slightly related but...

QuoteHans Reiter, the chap you might know from Reiter Engineering and its winning Lamborghini racecars, started a company called Sareni United for one purpose: to build a Chevrolet Camaro GT3 race car. The resulting silver shockwave is powered by a 7.9-liter Katech V8 rated at up to 650 horsepower and 627 pound-feet, and the racer's lead engineer says it has lap times "similar to the Lamborghini Gallardo" but that there is still a lot of work to do.

More importantly, the plan wasn't to simply make a race-worthy Camaro, the brief was to make one one that was cost efficient enough to lure new entrants into the racing game. Planned overhauls for the engine and gearbox are at 5,000 kilometers and other parts at 10,000 km.

The Camaro GT3 has been homologated by the FIA, Reiter says two cars are already planned for use in Germany's ADAC GT Masters series and that other inquiries have been made about GT4 and touring cars. It is priced at ?195,000 + VAT ($253,056 U.S.).

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/03/sareni-uniteds-chevrolet-camaro-gt-turns-pony-car-into-thorough/

Can't wait to hear this thing.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Xer0

So for the price of Gallardo, you can buy a car that is just as fast as the Gallardo but a million times uglier?  What a deal!

68_427

You've got it all wrong.  Its as fast as his Gallardo GT3 race cars, but designed to be cheaper to buy and run.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.