So is it worth it?

Started by GoCougs, December 20, 2011, 12:55:46 PM

Rupert

Waitaminute, what car are we talking about, here? I've never heard of a car with three parking brake levers; or am I just not up on the old 911 lingo?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

omicron

Quote from: Rupert on January 15, 2012, 02:59:13 PM
Older 911s are better. More clearance, skinnier tires.

I remember an article in Road and Track when the 996 Carrera 4 came out, where they lifted the suspension, put meaty tires on it, and then drove it in some legitimately gnarly place like Utah. It did pretty good.

Wheels did exactly the same thing in the Australian Outback. Turns out a 911 makes an excellent dune buggy.

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 15, 2012, 01:23:27 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. You mentioned that it was traded in for your dad's Lexus, which would make me think it was his car before yours.

His money paid for it.  He offered it to me first, but I couldn't manage the entire payment on my own. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.