UPDATE: 2-0 on tickets

Started by GoCougs, January 10, 2012, 09:16:46 PM

mzziaz

Quote from: bing_oh on February 18, 2012, 01:17:05 PM
That's what I was thinking. He would have been back on here bragging about beating the system again as soon as he got home from court if he had won. I'm thinking he got the fine + court costs + the price of his expensive lawyer.

If he did, he'll never admit it.
Cuore Sportivo

dazzleman

Quote from: bing_oh on February 18, 2012, 01:17:05 PM
That's what I was thinking. He would have been back on here bragging about beating the system again as soon as he got home from court if he had won. I'm thinking he got the fine + court costs + the price of his expensive lawyer.

:lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

GoCougs

Quote from: dazzleman on February 18, 2012, 07:32:34 AM
What happened?

My attorney delayed the trial again - till some date in April! He said he had subpenaed two state witnesses - the person who maintains the radar guns and someone else (can't remember who) - and that is the only time both can be in court on the same date.

If I do lose I'll still have the moderate satisfaction that I cost the state a minor if not moderate sum of money and otherwise clogged up the works of their machine. So, it's WinSPIN for me no matter how this shakes out.

AutobahnSHO

I do believe that's the most douchebaggish attitude I've ever heard in all Carspindom.
Will

SVT666

dazzleman

Quote from: GoCougs on February 18, 2012, 10:14:03 PM
My attorney delayed the trial again - till some date in April! He said he had subpenaed two state witnesses - the person who maintains the radar guns and someone else (can't remember who) - and that is the only time both can be in court on the same date.

If I do lose I'll still have the moderate satisfaction that I cost the state a minor if not moderate sum of money and otherwise clogged up the works of their machine. So, it's WinSPIN for me no matter how this shakes out.

I love the attitude..... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

GoCougs

Jesus, you two (not Dazzle of course), it's just some guy on the Innernet...

hotrodalex

When the court loses money and time, it just causes more havoc for all the rest of the people who have to deal with the system. So that attitude is incredibly selfish.

mzziaz

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 18, 2012, 11:10:38 PM
I do believe that's the most douchebaggish attitude I've ever heard in all Carspindom.

That is quite an, achievement, too!

:lol:
Cuore Sportivo

GoCougs

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 19, 2012, 09:25:28 AM
When the court loses money and time, it just causes more havoc for all the rest of the people who have to deal with the system. So that attitude is incredibly selfish.

Good. Clog the works. Starve the beast. Perhaps the system will catch a clue and get to the business of rational and logical traffic enforcement. Until then? It's Selfish Town.

ifcar

Nice try. Court fees and/or taxes will just increase to cover the extra cost.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: GoCougs on February 19, 2012, 10:11:17 AM
Good. Clog the works. Starve the beast. Perhaps the system will catch a clue and get to the business of rational and logical traffic enforcement. Until then? It's Selfish Town.

No amount of douchebaggery will fix the system.

May I remind you how immoral compulsory taxes are, and you are PURPOSEFULLY expending your own funds/energy to necessitate more tax collection, for an illegal act on your part.

Anyone with a 100% REAL conscience would try to live the law in a manner to lessen the tax expenditures. And then they would legally and lawfully work to change the laws they felt were immoral, unjust, or inefficient. 

(disclaimer- I don't have a 100% REAL conscience, I don't care enough to ever get involved in civics or government, I barely even vote. So is it hipocritical of me to judge? sure. But I try to live the laws that make sense, (not get caught speeding or rolling on redlight-right-turns,) and wouldn't brag about "clogging" the very system that I rant about the lack or morality of... )
Will

Tave

Cougs, I'm sure your attorney doesn't want you running around the internet admitting guilt and bragging about abusing the court system. Sure nothing will probably come of it, but it's better not to tempt fate. Courts are becoming increasingly sensitive to internet communications, and judges can be real vindictive bastards if they feel you're flouting the law behind their backs. It's happened before on sites like Facebook. Obviously, this is a lot more private environment, but why even take the chance?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

GoCougs

Quote from: ifcar on February 19, 2012, 10:18:44 AM
Nice try. Court fees and/or taxes will just increase to cover the extra cost.

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 19, 2012, 10:19:02 AM
No amount of douchebaggery will fix the system.

May I remind you how immoral compulsory taxes are, and you are PURPOSEFULLY expending your own funds/energy to necessitate more tax collection, for an illegal act on your part.

Anyone with a 100% REAL conscience would try to live the law in a manner to lessen the tax expenditures. And then they would legally and lawfully work to change the laws they felt were immoral, unjust, or inefficient. 

(disclaimer- I don't have a 100% REAL conscience, I don't care enough to ever get involved in civics or government, I barely even vote. So is it hipocritical of me to judge? sure. But I try to live the laws that make sense, (not get caught speeding or rolling on redlight-right-turns,) and wouldn't brag about "clogging" the very system that I rant about the lack or morality of... )

Perhaps a civics lesson is in order?

GoCougs

Quote from: Tave on February 19, 2012, 11:57:23 AM
Cougs, I'm sure your attorney doesn't want you running around the internet admitting guilt and bragging about abusing the court system. Sure nothing will probably come of it, but it's better not to tempt fate. Courts are becoming increasingly sensitive to internet communications, and judges can be real vindictive bastards if they feel you're flouting the law behind their backs. It's happened before on sites like Facebook. Obviously, this is a lot more private environment, but why even take the chance?

First, I have not admitted guilt.

Second, I am not abusing the court system.

Third, that judges are RVBs is a sin that that judge carries alone, and a profound flaw in the court system.

Fourth, did you really just make a case for endorsing defacto state monitoring of the Internet?

Tave

Quote from: GoCougs on February 19, 2012, 12:16:05 PM
First, I have not admitted guilt.

Second, I am not abusing the court system.

Third, that judges are RVBs is a sin that that judge carries alone, and a profound flaw in the court system.

Fourth, did you really just make a case for endorsing defacto state monitoring of the Internet?

Not at all, I'm just suggesting that you cover your own ass and leave the legal work to your lawyer rather than blabbing about your case to complete strangers on the internet.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

AutobahnSHO

btw I could care less if you legally challenge the law, even if you were in the wrong. My d-bag comments are regarding the attitude displayed on this page, compared/contrasted to the general attitude about taxes and government you've maintained on this forum previously.
Will

S204STi

Quote from: Tave on February 02, 2012, 11:40:54 PM
I know. The Rules of Evidence apply to both criminal and civil trials. :ohyeah:

Sorta...  I can think of one trial in my personal life which was decided entirely despite the evidence.

GoCougs

Quote from: Tave on February 19, 2012, 01:48:17 PM
Not at all, I'm just suggesting that you cover your own ass and leave the legal work to your lawyer rather than blabbing about your case to complete strangers on the internet.

Thanks, but suggestion rejected for the obvious.

GoCougs

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 19, 2012, 03:14:08 PM
btw I could care less if you legally challenge the law, even if you were in the wrong. My d-bag comments are regarding the attitude displayed on this page, compared/contrasted to the general attitude about taxes and government you've maintained on this forum previously.

:huh:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: GoCougs on February 19, 2012, 05:18:30 PM
:huh:

Ha. Depending on what that means, I might have to reverse some of my opinion of you.. 
Will

Byteme

I can see the letter home now.

"Well mom, I won my court case.  Cost me about a grand  in legal fees plus a couple of hundred in other expenses and court costs , but I sure showed them.  Aren't you proud?"

Response:  "No son, you're a douche bag."

:-)

GoCougs

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 19, 2012, 09:46:47 PM
Ha. Depending on what that means, I might have to reverse some of my opinion of you.. 

It means I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: GoCougs on February 20, 2012, 11:46:59 AM
It means I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Never mind then.   :huh:
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 20, 2012, 02:56:22 PM
Never mind then.   :huh:

Actually, I like Cougs' "Cool Hand Luke" approach to the whole thing.  As long as he's continuing to speed and use the HOV lane whenver possible, it's cool.  It's a lot better to be like that than to be the dude who cries like a little bitch over his tickets.

FoMoJo

Quote from: dazzleman on February 22, 2012, 02:56:50 PM
Actually, I like Cougs' "Cool Hand Luke" approach to the whole thing.  As long as he's continuing to speed and use the HOV lane whenver possible, it's cool.  It's a lot better to be like that than to be the dude who cries like a little bitch over his tickets.
"Stick it to the Man" :rastaman:

Everyone is a hippie at heart :lol:.
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

dazzleman

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 23, 2012, 05:48:11 PM
"Stick it to the Man" :rastaman:

Everyone is a hippie at heart :lol:.

That's right, man.  Got to keep that rebel streak.... :rockon:

I like Cougs' attitude that it's "winSPIN" even if he pays his lawyers a ton of money plus gets hit with a full fine and court costs.  Of course it's bravado, but we should NEVER admit that a penalty hurts in the least.  It's much better to project that bravado than to be a whiny bitch, complaining about the penalty and afraid ti repeat the offense.  Fuck that.  I wouldn't blow all that money on a lawyer for a minor offense if it were me, but in terms of attitude, Cougs has the right idea.

AutobahnSHO

One on level it's fun and funny. However, given his "taxes are immoral" attitude, it's totally douchey.
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 24, 2012, 05:49:55 AM
One on level it's fun and funny. However, given his "taxes are immoral" attitude, it's totally douchey.

I don't really think the two are connected.  As long as he maintains his "winSPIN" stance, and keeps speeding, I don't think he's any different than the rest of us who laugh off our tickets and continue to speed.

AutobahnSHO

Unless we were all complaining and complaining about taxes- and the taxmoney that is spent on our court system and policeforce...
Will