My current top ten possible Jetta replacements

Started by Raza , January 12, 2012, 11:57:25 AM

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26477.msg1773736#msg1773736 date=1346651590
Maybe you guys are right. But I still want to say something to the guy. I mean, 8 years is a long time.
How much did you see the guy?

Lebowski

Quote from: TurboDan on September 03, 2012, 12:51:32 AM

Let the haters hate. They're hating bc they rock a Camry while you're pushin' a Z4 brah. NOTHING about that car is gay, straight or anything. If a lot of gay dudes own that car, it's bc they're educated professionals with no wives or kids to fuck shit up. Good on them!

+1

Most of it just comes down to jealousy that you have a cooler car than them. 

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 07:26:12 AM
How much did you see the guy?

It varied, but there was a year long period where I was in every two and a half months for scheduled maintenance.  And when I had that fuel thing issue (god, I don't even remember what the problem was), he did give me a discount and saved me a like a hundred bucks.  Not a huge amount, but it was a nice gesture.  And last time I was there, he complimented my watch and we talked about watches for like 20 minutes.   :lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

MexicoCityM3

If you feel like showing some appreciation I can?t see what could be wrong with that.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Onslaught

Can he not still do the simple things like oil changes and stuff like that?  If you've worked on one fucked up German car you've worked on them all!

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 09:55:25 AM
Can he not still do the simple things like oil changes and stuff like that?  If you've worked on one fucked up German car you've worked on them all!

Me?  I suppose I could learn; it's not like changing the oil is all that hard, my friend used to be able to do it on his old car without even using a jack (he's really, really skinny and it was a Civic).  But I don't have the equipment or space to do it.  You forget, I don't have a driveway, I live in an apartment.  And I believe working on your car is frowned upon, if not expressly forbidden.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26477.msg1773857#msg1773857 date=1346689135
Me?  I suppose I could learn; it's not like changing the oil is all that hard, my friend used to be able to do it on his old car without even using a jack (he's really, really skinny and it was a Civic).  But I don't have the equipment or space to do it.  You forget, I don't have a driveway, I live in an apartment.  And I believe working on your car is frowned upon, if not expressly forbidden.
Sorry, can HE not still work on your new car? Perhaps for the big stuff you'd want a BMW guy doing it. But the small stuff could still be done by your fellow watch lover.

r0tor

I like!  I would love a car with a sweet BMW I6 one day..
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 10:21:49 AM
Sorry, can HE not still work on your new car? Perhaps for the big stuff you'd want a BMW guy doing it. But the small stuff could still be done by your fellow watch lover.

A little too much trouble for me, honestly.  My VW shop is near my parents' house, so it was a drive for me.  I found a BMW shop near my office, so that makes things much easier to deal with for me. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26477.msg1773706#msg1773706 date=1346645740
In my "expensive" furrin car, too. 

I don't get it.  Two guys in a convertible automatically equals gay couple?  Oh well, I'm secure enough with myself that that shit doesn't matter to me. 
Sarcasm detector = Broken

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26477.msg1773706#msg1773706 date=1346645740
In my "expensive" furrin car, too. 

I don't get it.  Two guys in a convertible automatically equals gay couple?  Oh well, I'm secure enough with myself that that shit doesn't matter to me. 
You should try driving a Miata. Everyone thinks you like taking it up the ass. Even when you're the one going down on the guy going down the road so it's clear you're the taker and not the giver.

Rupert

Haha, all my friends gave me shit for the Miata, right up until I gave them a ride. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on September 03, 2012, 11:46:20 AM
Sarcasm detector = Broken

Ah.  It's not like you're the first person to show that sentiment or apply it to others, though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Onslaught

Quote from: Rupert on September 03, 2012, 01:08:11 PM
Haha, all my friends gave me shit for the Miata, right up until I gave them a ride. :lol:
Oral or anal?

It's true however, most people who bash them talk different after they take them for a joy ride.

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on September 03, 2012, 12:51:32 AM
Let the haters hate. They're hating bc they rock a Camry while you're pushin' a Z4 brah. NOTHING about that car is gay, straight or anything. If a lot of gay dudes own that car, it's bc they're educated professionals with no wives or kids to fuck shit up. Good on them!

Can't wait to own a few Chevy/Jeep dudes in my Brit "soft roader" in the mud pits this fall. I'll be towing their asses out!!!!

+1
The idea that cars can be "gay" is so foolish.  It seems the more "tolerant" we get, the more we obsess over this stupidity.

Enjoy the ride.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 03:44:55 PM
Oral or anal?

It's true however, most people who bash them talk different after they take them for a joy ride.

Oh, anal, for sure.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Stark

So Raza, what was the reasoning behind going with the convertible rather than the coupe?
DON'T PANIC

Raza

Quote from: Stark on September 03, 2012, 05:25:26 PM
So Raza, what was the reasoning behind going with the convertible rather than the coupe?

Because I love convertibles.   :lol:

Seriously, I always have loved convertibles, and when my dad and I shared a Boxster S, it was cemented.  It was such a magical experience.  Every top down drive was Christmas morning in Disney World while Heidi Klum serviced you on the Back to the Future ride, and then she tells you that she loves you and that she understands that your happiness can't be tied down by only being with one person, but she's always going to be devoted to you. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Onslaught

Quote from: Stark on September 03, 2012, 05:25:26 PM
Do you know Raza? He lives for sun and wind in his hair. That is until it all falls out.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 11:49:14 AM
You should try driving a Miata. Everyone thinks you like taking it up the ass. Even when you're the one going down on the guy going down the road so it's clear you're the taker and not the giver.

LoL

A year ago I visited a friend of mine who is a professor at the University of North Texas (near Dallas). He had a scooter to go to school. He gave me rides a couple of times. you can imagine how a couple of guys look riding together....on a scooter.....in north texas.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Onslaught

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 03, 2012, 05:45:46 PM
LoL

A year ago I visited a friend of mine who is a professor at the University of North Texas (near Dallas). He had a scooter to go to school. He gave me rides a couple of times. you can imagine how a couple of guys look riding together....on a scooter.....in north texas.
You're lucky they didn't throw a chain around you and drive off in a truck.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 05:42:21 PM
Do you know Raza? He lives for sun and wind in his hair. That is until it all falls out.

I come from a long line of thick hair.  Thick, glorious, flowing hair.  It's not going anywhere.   :lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=26477.msg1774054#msg1774054 date=1346716298
I come from a long line of thick hair.  Thick, glorious, flowing hair. 
Me too. The guy who cuts my hair says he's only seen one other guy with thicker hair then me. I can't let it grow out however because I look like I've got a bush on my head.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 05:53:04 PM
Me too. The guy who cuts my hair says he's only seen one other guy with thicker hair then me. I can't let it grow out however because I look like I've got a bush on my head.

Mine is too thick to grow long without a plan; it has to be thinned and conditioned and texturized to look okay.  I gave up on it and went short again.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Onslaught

Short hides the grey that comes out over night out of fucking nowhere.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 05:57:19 PM

I've got a few of those myself.  When it gets long, they really do stick out, especially since my hair is as black as the night. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

My hair is thick, so it kind of piles onto itself when long, but not curly, so it's not a 'fro of any kind. Basically, if I have long enough hair, I just look like a penis.

So I keep it short. :lol:

Lebowski

Quote from: Onslaught on September 03, 2012, 05:57:19 PM

I'd settle for any hairs popping out from fucking nowhere.

Rupert

Onslaught

Quote from: Lebowski on September 03, 2012, 06:03:01 PM
I'd settle for any hairs popping out from fucking nowhere.
Ears and nose? One day it's not there and the next you have to cut it every other day or it looks like a tree coming out.